-8-

The Little Mermaid

She couldn't move...all she could do was stare at him, and how close his lips were. Her mind flashed back to last night..on the couch.

She felt the heat creep up to her cheeks and looked down smiling.

"ert" 

She looked up and shot him a look.

"What are you thinking about?" Ji asked her chuckling.

"Mr GD who are you calling ert?" 

Ji sat back at his seat and thought for a second.

"Call me JiYong" He said.

"Huh?" Dara was confused. She though his name was GD..why is it JiYong now?

"My name Kwon Ji Yong" He said finally.

"So...why did you tell me it was GD." Dara askd pouting.

"Its..uh...my other name." Ji Yong said.

"Ah...Okay Ji"

"Since it's our day off..do you want to go anywhere?" Ji asked her.

"AMUSEMENT PARK!" Dara said standing up.

She remember how fun the roller coasters looked in the drama, and how the huuuuge wheel would take them so high up. She always wondered what it was like to fly.

"Amusement park?" 

"YES YES. It looked very fun in the drama. I also want to eat all the foods there too. Like the pink and blue clouds!" Dara giggled.

Pink and blue clouds...?

Ji chuckled 

Amusement parks it is..

---

Under the Sea...

"Send for Charin right away. I need her" Bom ordered.

"Right away your majesty" 

In the month that Dara was gone she has tried to keep track of what her sister was doing through Chaerin.

Chaerin entered the throne room and swam up to Bom right away.

"Have you sensed anything?" Bom asked patting the coral seat next to her.

Chaerin is the psychic of the sea, she a descendant of the royal crystal mermaids.

Crystal mermaids, like their name, have crystals decorated all over their tail, and they are the only ones that can see the on going present and the future.

"Bommie-ah...I'm worried for Dara. Her heart..." Chaerin started.

"Heart?! Did someone take it too?" Bom shot up ready to call the guards.

"Chaerin gently pulled Bom back down and shook her head.

"No no...her heart is still there..but it is beating very fast. I see images of a blonde guy whenever I try to sense for Dara. I hope she doesn't fall in love.." Chaerin said.

"Fall in love? With a HUMAN?" 

"Yea. Bommie I'm really trying to sense Dara after I fully recover..but this power..it is too much for me. I'm afraid I need to take a long rest before I can tap into it again" Chaerin sighed.

"It's okay.. thank you Chae..go rest up" Bommie said.

Chaerin bowed before swimming off.

"Dara-ah..please...don't fall in love. You promised omma you wouldn't" Bom said to herself before swimming in the pearl room.

---

"Ji Yong ah.... THIS IS HUGE" Dara exclaimed as she ran into the park.

"Yah...don't get lost" Ji said running after her.

"What should we get on first?" Dara asked him looking all around her.

Before he even got the chance to answer, she pointed at the huge ship with a mermaid in front.

"Poor mermaid" She said, before running to the ride. 

..

He was shaking just a little as the ride when up, but Dara had both hands up and screaming with everyone else.

"Ya..yaaa.....Dara...." Ji whined as he got off.

"Are you scared.." Dara giggled.

"No..that was just waaay too high." Ji answered straightening up.

"Oh...okay...then can we go on that?" she pointed at the looping serpent coaster going at full speed.

He stared at it for long time before nodding his head.

"YES!" She bounced her way to the line, while he trudged behind her, waiting for his impending death. He can already calculate the chance of him fall off the ride and cracking open his skull.

--

"You hungry?" Ji asked very hyper bunny next to him.

"Yea just a li-" Dara stopped talking and stared straight ahead.

He looked at where she was staring...pink and blue cottan candies.

"Ji look..clouds.." Dara whispered.

"....Ah...you mean cotton candy? Alright..Sit here I'll go get..DON'T MOVE" He said sternly and went to the cotton candy vendor.

Dara sat patiently until her phone buzzed.

"Hello?"

"Hey Daraa" Donghae said.

"DONGHAE!" Dara greeted excitedly.

"I missed you, mermaid.."

"Shhh you can't say that out loud mister! I missed you too"

"Wanna come over tonight for dinner? I'll make all your favorite fishes and seafoods.." 

"Yes! Can JiYong come too?" 

"Yea..sure...Oh uh...I went by the office today, you guys didn't come in..where are you?" 

"Amusement park! Oh.. Ji's here! I'll talk to you later Donghae! Bye!" She said and hung up.

"Donghae? Why did he call you?" Ji asked handing her a pink cotton candy.

She didn't answer, she just stared at it.

"Eat it dummy" Ji said and pushed the cotton candy towards .

She took a bite of it and her eyes widened.

"IT DISAPPEARED" She whispered loudly.

"Yes...yes it did" he chuckled.

She finished the cotton candy quite fast, then pulling him on numerous death rides...

As the sun began to set, Dara decided it was time for the big wheel.

Finally, a non threatening ride..

Dara was glued to the window. She could see the whole park from up there.

Ji took out his phone and took a picture of her.

"Dara look here" 

She turned around and he took a picture of them together, with the setting sun behind them.

"Oooh. I want one" She said taking out her phone, and took another picture of them together.

"Ah..I almost forgot..Donghae wants us over for dinner..." 

"Oh..alright..we should buy some food then, lets not go empty handed" 

---

"Donghae we're here!!" Dara said ringing the doorbell.

"Hey, just set the stuff down and I'll cook"  Donghae said and into the kitchen.

"Nah I'll cook" Ji offered.

"No it is my house, plus I know Dara's favorite foods"

"I know her favorite foods too"

Ji and Donghae stared at each other for a good minute.

"How about we all cook!" Dara offered.

They looked at Dara and nodded, and with that they all headed into the kitchen.

"Dara wash these,I'll peel them when you're done and" Donghae said to Dara handing her some potatoes.

"And I'LL chop them" Ji butted in.

While the potatoes cooked, JiYong and Donghae each made their own version of Dara's favorite fried fish and fish fillet.

Dara watched the two men in amusement, as one would peek over at the other from time to time. Donghae finished first and joined Dara in the living room.

He took the remote control and turned up the volume.

"So..he still thinks you're human?" he said to her.

She quickly turned to face him.

"Yea..I almost got caught in his pool" Dara said.

"Aiish. You should be more careful..if you want you can always come here relax..I mean my bath tub isn't big enough but it is safer.." he said.

"Alright!" Dara was relieved to hear that.

"Dinners ready"

They both turned around to see JiYong right behind them.

Ohgod. How long was he here for. Did he hear anything?

Dara smiled at him and rushed into the kitchen.

---

"Here Dara, try this" Donghae said putting some of his fish fillet in Dara's bowl.

She beamed at him as she stuffed it into .

"Okay, my fried fish is really good. I made it spicy too" JiYong said getting her some of his dish.

That's how dinner went, JiYong and Donghae offering Dara their dishes, while she ate happily, wondering why these two were being so strange.

-

"It's already 10, Dara we should go" Ji said after helping with the clean up.

"Aww.. already?" Dara whined.

"You can stay for the night if you want..your room is still here" Donghae offered.

"NO" JiYong answered.

"Please?" Dara looked at JiYong with pleading eyes.

"I missed Donghae...he can bring me to company tomorrow morning!" 

"Yea, I have extra toothbrush" Donghae said.

JiYong looked at Dara, then sighed in defeat.

"Okay"

"Thank You JiYong-ah!"

"Alright I'll go now then.." Ji said and walked towards the door.

Dara followed him out to say goodnight.

"Ya don't do anything stupid with him got it? Remember what happened with wine? Don't drink wine with him" JiYong said.

"y-yes sir" she said turning a light shade of pink.

"Okay...goodnight then" he said and drove away.

 

"Here, go shower and then you can change into these" He said tossing her one of his shirts.

After they both washed up, they sat on the couch watching Dara's favorite drama.

"Donghae, why does she leave him?" 

"Because she want the best for him." 

"But then they both get hurt.."

"Yea but so many people are against them together and she doesn't want to make life hard for him"

"I see. Have you ever fallen in love?"

"Yea"

"Who?"

"This girl"

"Was she pretty?"

"Very pretty"

"Where is she?"

"Here"

"In Seoul?"

He chuckled

"Yea..in Seoul"

"Go find her and make her fall in love with you"

"I'm trying"

--------------------

A/N: More of Donghae's past will be revealed in the next few chapters...(maybe?)
Please comment! Your feedbacks are appreciated!