-4-

The Little Mermaid

"Here" Donghae said to Dara handing her a pink cased phone.

"OH. ITS A CELLPHONE" Dara said accepting it excitedly.

What a kid.

He put in his phone phone number and showed her how to call him.

"Ahh" Dara said and pressed '1'

Donghae's phone lit up.

"Good job!" Donghae said patting her head.

Dara suddenly remember Mr GD's phone number, she decided to call him.

"Hello?" A female voice answered.

"Mr GD?" Dara asked.

"Nana who is it?" a voice in the background asked.

"No one" the female voice said in a harsh tone.

"GD-ssii?" Dara asked again.

"Uh..I don't know who you are. Don't call again okay?" The female voice said and hung up.

Rude.

"What was that" Donghae asked handing her an icecream bar.

"I don't know, some lady answer Mr GD's voice" Dara eplained.

"Mr GD?" Donghae looked at Dara weirdly.

"Yea. The blonde guy you introduced me to. You said he could help me" Dara said raising an eyebrow.

Doesn't he know his boss's name..?

"Ah..then it must be his girlfriend Nana" he said close to finishing his icecream bar.

"Girlfriend?" Dara asked.

"Yea..someone that's yours. Someone that you won't share with anyone" Donghae explained.

Ah...like fish. I wouldn't want to share my fish with anyone else.

 

A week later...

 

"DARA WHERE ARE YOU" Donghae boomed.

Dara hid in her closet. Donghae was not going to be happy. It was 10 p.m. and he had just gotten home, to a smoking kitchen. She was hungry and still struggled to order food, so she thought she'd give cooking a try. It did not turn out well. Especially if the fish was on fire. Donghae made it look so easy to make fish...IT WAS NOT EASY AT ALL.

She had watched Donghae do many many times, put fish on pan flip, flip then eat. Frying fish without oil and seasoning caused it to burn badly. She decided to do it the old fashion way and roast it over the gas fire, who thought the whole fish would catch on fire and burn everything?

"Dara I know you're in there." Donghae said walking up to her closet.

"I'M NOT HERE" Dara called out.

He opened the closet with a mad face.

"What did you do to my kitchen" He cried.

"I..made...fish." Dara said and pouted.

"If you were hungry, you could have called me and I would of ordered food for you. You just needed to press '1' and you would reach me right away" He explained showing her the steps again on her cellphone.

"Okay okay. I won't do it again" Dara said.

"Did you shower yet?" Donghae asked looking at her clothes. Her clothes smelled burnt.

"No.." Dara said. She had been avoid showering when Donghae was home. She couldn't let him see her tail.

"GO. You smell like burnt fish" he said pointing to the bathroom.

She went into the bathroom and Donghae pressed some buttons, the jacuzzi bathtub slowly began to fill up. He left her alone with a towel.

She sat on the seat looking at the water. She decided it was safe to go in, she had only showered once when Donghae was home and she was careful not to get caught. She can do it again.

As she stepped in, within seconds, her tail came out, although the bathtub was not as big as the oceans, she managed with her fins hanging out of the tub.

She closed her eyes and relaxed a bit, thinking the door was locked.

Donghae walked into her room and realized she forgot to bring in her nightgown, so he decided to just leave it at the door, however..the door wasn't closed all the way, it was big enough for Donghae to catch a glimspe of a champagne pink fin.

Donghae looked at the fin curiously.

Could it be..? 

He opened the door a little bit more, he saw the bottom half of her shimmering tail.

"Dara..." Donghae called from the outside.

"EH!" Dara struggled to get out of the bath tub.

"You left your nightgown in your room, I'm leaving it outside the door. I'll be in my room" Donghae said with a smile and walked into his room.

So she is...interesting.

---

"President, Dara-ssi is asking to meet you" secretary said through the phone.

"Send her up" Ji said.

---

Knock Knock

"Come in"

Dara walked into with a smile.

"Miss Dara what can I help you with today" Ji said.

"Do you have news on Mr Dragon Tattoo?" Dara asked sitting down in front of him.

"Uh..I can confirm he works at our company" Ji said carefully, looking at her.

"Really? Do you know who yet?" She asked excitedly..a bit too excited.

"No..I don't have time to look into it, I'm very busy with my schedule" Ji said looking down at his binder.

"Ah.." Dara sat there in silence, until an idea came to her..


Flashback

"Donghae where do you go every morning" Dara asked sitting down on the couch next to him.

"Work" Donghae said.

"Work? Why do you work" Dara asked.

"To pay for stuff, like food." Donghae explained.

"Ah...so what do you work as?" 

"Lets just say, I'm in charge of looking over and approving the building designs" Donghae explained.

Flashback End

 

"I can work" Dara said smiling at JiYong.

"Work?" Ji asked.

"Yea..at the company. Since you don't have time to look for Mr Dragon Tattoo, I'll work here and I'll find him" Dara said.

This is a great idea. I'm so smart!

"What...do you plan on working as..." Ji asked, when suddenly and idea came to him as well.

"Uhm..." Dara looked at the floor.

What am I good at..? 

"How about this, come be my personal assistant" Ji Yong asked.

"Personal assistant? Whats that?" Dara asked curiously.

"You help me throughout the day, help me get anything I forgot and so on." Ji explained.

"Ahhh. OKAY!" Dara said said accepting the offer without hesitation.

"Great, I'll send you a contract tonight, do you want it to be emailed, or mailed?" Ji asked.

Dara looked at him with a confused face.

"Where do you live?" Ji asked.

"Ah, with Donghae!" Dara answered.

Donghae?

"Ah, I'll send it to his address" Ji answered looking at her curiously.

"Sir yes sir!" Dara said happily.

"But, Dara-ssi do you have a cellphone? I think we will be able to communicate easier that way" Jiyong asked.

"I do" Dara said flashing her phone out.

"Why didn't you call me? I gave you my number right" 

"I did...last week? A girl picked up and told me to never call again..." Dara answered furrowing her eyebrows.

"Ah. I'm sorry about that" 

"When do I start?" 

"After you read through the contract and sign it. See me when you finish all that. Then you can officially start" Ji said making eye contact with Dara.

Why does her eyes sparkle like that? She's seem really happy about this job..

"Alright! I'll come back as soon as I can. Thank you Mr GD!" Dara said and skipped out the room.

Unknown to Dara, Ji Yong has a plan. He is going to obtain as much information from this weird girl. Why does she know so much about him and why. What is she going to do to him when she finds out that he is actually Mr Dragon Tattoo. 

 

---

"DONGHAE I GOT A JOB!" Dara shouted bursting into Donghae's office with excitement.

She has asked around for Donghae's office, and it was only on the floor below Mr GD's.

"A job?" Donghae asked getting up from his chair walking over to the very excited girl beaming at him.

"YES SIR!" Dara said jumping up and down, unable to contain her excitement.

"What are you going to be doing?" He asked patting her.

"I'm going to be a personal assistant to Mr GD" Dara said plopping down on the couch in front of Donghae's desk.

"oh?" Donghae raised an eyebrow.

This is interesting..

"Yea yea. He said I have to read contract and sign and then I can start!" Dara explained to him. She was going to explain some more stuff, but his phone rang.

"Hold on.." 

Donghae walked to his desk and pick up the phone. After a few "Okay"s and "Alright"s, Donghae returned to Dara.

"Sorry but I have a very important meeting I need to be at, I'll walk you out okay? I'll call Mr Ahn to pick you up" Donghae said and pulled Dara up by her hand.

"Ahh. Okay. I won't bother you then." Dara said letting Donghae lead the way.

Dara and Donghae walked up to the elevator, him teasing her and her scowling at him. He told her a fish joke and she punched his arm. The elevator door opened, with JiYong inside along with TOP (VicePresident Choi).

Dara smiled at JiYong, as she and Donghae stepped inside the elevator.

"Dara go home, I'll have Mr Ahn pick up some food for you too." Donghae said to Dara.

"Fish?"

"Fish."

Dara beamed at him.

JiYong cleared his throat. 

"Also, change into something pretty, I'll come pick you up later and we can celebrate by eating out okay?" Donghae said patting her head.

A huge smile spread across her face as she walked out of the elevator with Donghae, JiYong and TOP behind them.

"Bye Donghaee!" Dara called to Donghae and waved goodbye to him as she got into Mr Ahn's car.

"Is she your girlfriend?" TOP asked Donghae as ducked into the same same car with Ji Yong.

"Uhm..not really" Donghae said and looked at Ji Yong, who was looking away from the conversation.

---

"Dara I'm homeeeee" Donghae shouted once he opened the door.

Dara ran down the stairs and then stood in front of Donghae with a smile.

"Look look. I'm ready" She said and twirled.

She had on a light pink chiffon dress that ended at her thighs. It was loose, but fit.

Wow..

"Hold on, let me put these papers down and change really quick" Donghae said and ran to his room.

---

"Whoaaa this place is so pretty" Dara said as she placed her hand on the wooden railing. She was having dinner on the Han River. She was a it hesitant at first, but eventualy gave in when she smelled the different style of fishes.

She sat across Donghae waiting patiently for her food.

She gazed at the view taking it all in. The lights, the bridge, the sound and smells.

He stared at her with a smile.

 

"Donghae TRY THIS" Dara said stuffing a piece of steak into his mouth.

"Yummy right?" She smiled and continued stuffing her face. 

After dinner they decided to take a walk at the front of the ship. She stared out into the water and tears formed.

"Dara-ah whats wrong? Ae you hurt?" Donghae asked when he notice a teardrop sliding down her face.

"I just miss my family" Dara said quietly continuing to stare at the water.

He pulled her into a hug, and they stayed that way for a couple mintues, until droplets of rain started to fall.

In the blink of an eye, droplets became a storm.

"THE ROPE GOT LOOSE" someone shouted as Dara and Donghae ran inside for cover, Dara shielding her legs as much as she can.

The ship started to float further and further away from on shore.

"What is going on?" Donghae said storming over to the manager.

"I'm sorry, we reeled up the anchor for only a minute when suddenly it began to storm, the safety rope we orginally tied on suddenly got loose." The manager said apologetically.

As he made his way over to Dara, the ship gave a sudden jerk and sent Donghae flying in the direction of an open door...leading him to fll straight into the River.

However, everyone was already downstairs so no one really noticed Donghae flying out of the ship.

He flew right past Dara, and she gasped as he fell into the water. She rant to the closest non wet area trying to look for him,  but she could not see him due to the dark and the constant rocking of the ship.

She looked at the water and then back at the few people behind her. They had all started to go towards the lower level, this was her chance.

She ran towards the door that Donghae flew out of, and jumped into the river.

---

A/N : Sorry for any grammar/spelling errors - its 2:18 am and I'm tired, but i was so excited to finish this chapter off T_T'