-2-

The Little Mermaid

Binders and folders piled on top of his desk. The work was endless, but he had to do it. He had no choice. He inherited his father's company- YG Group. The biggest company in South Korea. YG Group is responsible for many smaller companies including YG Entertainment and YG Architects. His father decided to take him on a boating trip a couple years ago, however due to a horrible storm...most of the men on the ship had died. Only a handful made it back alive.

He got up from his bed and walked to the balcony overlooking the sea. This was his favorite and most hated place. The place that killed his father...but also the place that brought him peace - for some unknown reason he always came to beach to calm down.

He closed his eyes..took a deep breathe and walked back inside.

"Sir, Ms Komatsu is outside" the maid said outside his door.

He smiled 

"Let her in." He said and walked to the bathroom to wash up.

----

"Ji Yong-ah I bought breakfast. Lets eat!" Nana said walking into his room.

She looked around, but he wasn't there. She walked to his balcony hoping to find him there. As she stepped onto the balcony, his arms s around her waist and he rested his head on her shoulder.

"I missed you" He said. 

"I missed you more" She replied.

"I saw your pictures, they came out great" He said taking her hand as they walked to the kitchen.

"Ehh. I didn't really like them. I have another photoshoot in 2 days and then I gotta fly to New York for an interview.." Nana replied pouting.

"You're always leaving. Is your modeling job more important than your boyfriend?" He joked as he set up for breakfast.

"Hey! That's not fair... you're always at your company." Nana retorted and stook out her tongue.

"Arraso.. I'll take you out tomorrow and we'll spend the whole day together. Okay?" He said as he gave her a quick peck.

------

Dara's POV

Whaaaaat is this place. This is crazy. What am I doing here.

I looked around hoping to find another one of my kind wandering the Earth. 

NO ONE.

I decided to just walk until I find something.

 

2 hours later...

 

IM STARVING. The human world is so confusing...

I sat down next to another human.

"Miss, you have an spare change?" the lady next to me said holding out a can.

What is.. change?

I stared at her. She had dirt on her face and her hair was a mess.  Maybe.. a pearl can help!

I reached into my shell bag and took out a pearl.

I gave it to her.

"Here.." I said and dropped it into the can.

"..." she looked at the pearl and then jumped up.

She started screaming and running around.

WHAT IS SHE DOING. DID I SCARE HER? 

She took the pearl and ran into a store. Within minutes she came out with paper. I continued to study this weird behavior.

The lady went into another store and came out with..fish?!?!

IT WAS FISH ON A STICK.

THIS IS CRAZY. HOW DID SHE DO THAT..

I went into the first store, there was a man behind some bars.

Why is he behind bars..is he in trouble? AM I IN TROUBLE?

He stared at me. I stared at him.

"What do you want. Do you have anything to pawn?" He asked.

I reached into my bag and gave him a pearl.

He took a couple minutes to examine it and then gave me an envelope with some papers in it.

Its the same papers he gave that crazy lady. I left and went into the second store.I came back out very very happy. As I ate my fish, I realized that these papers are the currency of the human world. I placed the envelope in my purse and continued walking. 

How would I find the guy with the dragon tattoo? This is a lot harder than I imagined it would be..

I went back to the beach and found a secure spot.

I sent out a call to Bommie.

Soon she appeared.

"What happened." She asked.

"I.. I can't find him" I said pouting.

"DARA. ITS BEEN LESS THAN A DAY AND YOU ALREADY GIVE UP?" She cried giving me a look of disbelief.

"Can you ask her...just to give me a little insight?" I asked.

I wasn't planning on doing this, however I think Chae would be the best way for now.

"Fine" Bom sighed and swam away.

I sat on the beach looking around, the human world was beautiful, they have really pretty flowers and the humans seemed kind of nice too.

Bommie appeared again.

"Chae said that he is in somewhere called Jeju right now" Bom said.

Jeju..?

"However she heard him say he was going back to Seoul tonight, so if I were you,I'd go to Seoul right now and look for him there. She also said he works at a place called YG Group" Bom said.

"But Bommie-ah.. I don't think we'll be able to see each other often.. I think Seoul is far from here.." I said as I began to tear up.

"I know, but we will see each other again!" She said hopefully.

And with that we parted ways.

I walked into the pawn shop hoping the man can help me.

"Excuse me... how do you get to Seoul?" 

"You walk up a couple blocks, there you'll see a sign that says 'Bus To Seoul' take the bus" He said.

I thanked him and did as he said.

-------

"FINAL STOP- SEOUL"

I gathered my bag and got off the bus.

"Miss, you need to get some shoes, this is not like living in the country side. The city will hurt your feet" an old lady said as I stepped onto the concrete.

Shoes..?

"where..?" I asked.

"Aigoo, you must be very poor...here here, just wear these okay?" the old lady took out a pair of slippers and handed them to me.

Poor...? YOU MUST KNOW IM THE MERMAID PRINCESS. I AM NOT POOR.

I frowned but thanked her anway.

If only these humans knew who I really was, they'd bow down and kiss my feet.. HMPH.

I put on the slippers.

Where should I go.. where is YG Group..?

I walked to the old lady, she was talking to a man.

"Excuse me...do you know where YG Group is..?" I asked.

"YG Group.. I don't think so.." She said shaking her head.

"Why do you want to know?" The guy said looking at me.

"I have...uh..unfinished business there.." I said cautiously.

"Ah..I see. I know where it is, I'm actually on my way there. I can take you there" He offered.

Eh? 

"Really...?" I asked in disbelief

My luck!

"Yea." He turned to the old lady "Omma, I'm going to get a separate car for you, I'll take her to the company first" He said and another man came and led the old lady away.

"What's your name?" He asked turning to face me.

"Dara.." I said eyeing him curiously. 

Why are humans so curious..?

"Nice to meet you Dara-ssi. My name is Lee Donghae" He said.

Just then a black car rolled up.

Eh..?

"This way please" he said and ushered me into the car.

What if this is a trap. Is he going to kill me?

I got into the car, I placed my left hand behind my back and summoned my dagger, hiding it behind my back, ready to attack.

This Donghae sits next to me and instruct the man in front somewhere. Then we began to move.

"Where...where are we going" I asked.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you. You said you wanted to go to YG Group.. however,  there's no way they're going to let you in looking like that" He said and chuckled.

EHHHH? WHAT DOES HE MEAN LIKE THIS. I THOUGHT THIS WHITE DRESS WAS PRETTY.

"Excuse.Me?" I said narrowing my eyes.

"Sorry, everything seems so messy, lets get you cleaned up" He laughed.

Hmph. These stupid humans.

I relaxed a bit and dematerialized my dagger.

We pulled up to a big white building.

 

Author's POV

She opened in surprised as she stepped inside.  He stared at her.

Has she never seen a mall before? This girl is weird.

"Lets go" He said taking her arm, leading her to a store.

"Mr Lee, do you have anything in mind?" A sales lady came over.

"Ah. I need you to tidy her up a bit. I'll just wait here" He said settling down into a couch.

2 more ladies came over and led Dara behind the curtains.

2 hours later..

"Mr Lee, how is this?"

iVS5wL42nOWIegW2fNwY3P5vETXjdrzwwPZq8yfK2RcpkjtLiKGv7RRDrm0uidkbELbAp0FpjwyMAqg3ptcKpXSTwqaRmEgCP5ZdZ0HA8puXiVM20xXBQd42j97FhUQ9H7LWOrO9

Wow.. she's so pretty..

"You look good now" He said with a smile.

"Mr Lee. There's something else.. She wouldn't give up this...seashell.." the lady said awkwardly motioning to Dara's seashell.

"It's mine, why should I give it up" She said holding onto her seashell protectively.

"Alright.. find her a bag for it then" He said as he continued to look at her.

Why is he staring at me. Do I look weird.

"Here" The lady handed Dara a white shoulder bag, not too big but big enough to put her seashell inside.

"We're ready then?" He asked Dara.

She nodded.

He's so nice. We just met and he already did so much for me.

We went back into the car.

"Dara-ssi, did you come to Seoul alone? Do you have family here?" He asked.

"Yea alone.. my family lives..very very far from here" she said looking down at her hands.

"Over seas?" He asked.

"Yea. You could say that." She replied.

"So..you're here alone? Do you even have a place to stay at?" He asked.

She shook her head.

What is a girl like her doing in alone in the city. 

"Is there a specific someone you're looking for at YG Group?" He asked.

She looked up and eyed him.

"Yea. A guy" She replied.

"Name?" He asked.

She continue to stare at him.

Should I trust him..? Can he help me..?

"I don't know..but I know he has a dragon tattoo" She said finally.

--------

9 p.m.

He had just arrived at YG Inc. 

"Welcome back sir" Vice President said as he walked with him to his office.

"Hello to you too TOP" He said smiling.

"Yah. Don't call me that in the company" TOP said smaking Ji Yong lightly on the back.

JiYong sat down and began signing the papers TOP handed him.

"So how are the museums coming along?" Ji asked without looking up from the papers.

"Pretty good. The one we just opended had a lot of positive feed back, the underwater team are still looking for treasures in Japan" TOP replied.

"Okay, you can go" Ji said.

*Beep*

"Sir there's a young lady who would like to talk to you." Secretary said through the phone.

"Let her through" Ji said without much interest.

A few minutes later.

*Knock Knock*

"Come in"

Dara stepped inside, very cautiously. She didn't know who might jump out at her.

She looked at the man sitting at the desk a few feet away from her.

He looked up at her.

This face..have I seen her before..?

She looked at him.

Why does he look so familiar? 

They looked at each other.

...

"Who are you" He said.

"I'm..uh. My name's Dara." Dara said walking closer to the desk. He motioned for her to sit down.

"Why are you here" Ji Yong asked.

"I'm looking for someone...Donghae-ssi said you could help me?" She asked shyly.

 

Flashback to the Car

"I don't know..but I know he has a dragon tattoo"

Theres only one person he knows in YG Group with the dragon tattoo. What does she want with him?

"You should ask our president. He might be able to help" Donghae said.

"Really?" Dara said looking up with a bright smile.

"Yea. He can definitly help" Donghae assured her.

Flashback End

 

"Sure" Ji Yong replied and returned working on his paper.

"He has a dragon tattoo" Dara said.

He stopped writing.

"Excuse me?" He looked up at her with a very serious face.

"The man I'm looking for, has a dragon tattoo on the left side of his waist" She repeated.

 

---------------

A/N : Helloooo. Thanks for the support. Much appreciated.

Donghae's thoughts are purple

Ji Yong's thoughts are blue

 

-IM SORRY IF MY COMPANY STUFF DON'T MAKE SENSE.. TBH COMPANY STUFF NEVER MAKES SENSE TO ME-