-5-

The Little Mermaid

Author's POV

Where is he?

Dara squinted her eyes looking for him in the dark rough water.

Then from the corner of her eyes she saw a flailing hand in the water.

She swam towards him as fast as she can.

He looked at her with wide eyes as she pulled him close and swam to the nearest shore, thankfully the storm calmed down and the rain stopped. It was dark so even if there were people, it would be hard to see her tail. She quickly let her tail dry, then turned to Donghae.

"Please don't say anything" was the first thing Dara said to Donghae.

He sat up coughing water.

"Actually.. I already knew.." Donghae said looking at her with a smile

"Whaaat.."

"Yea. I saw your tail by accident while you were taking a bath.." Donghae said blushing a bit.

---

Back at Donghae's house

Dara and Donghae sat on the couch as the awkward tension grew.

"So..why are you here?" Donghae asked.

"I need to find Mr Dragon Tattoo" Dara said.

Didn't he ask me this before..

"Yea I know. Why" Donghae asked.

"Personal business" Dara said.

She didn't want to tell Donghae her whole story, she can't trust him 100% yet.

Donghae got the hint she didn't want to share so he dropped the topic.

"Here" he said handing Dara an envelope. "I think this is the contract, want me look over it?" 

"Nah! I'll just sign it" Dara said cheerfully.

"Why? Shouldn't you at least read it before you agree to everything" 

"Nah. I need to be next to him. Its my best chance in finding Mr Dragon Tattoo" 

"Alright.. well, I'm going to wash up and go sleep, Dara you should sleep too" Donghae said and patted her head and headed into the bathroom.

---

'Mr GD!" Dara said the next morning, happily bouncing into GD's office.

"Hello Dara-ssi" GD said without looking up from his paperworks.

"I signed the contract!" Dara said handing him the envelope.

"Good. You can start today, I already set up a desk for you over there" He said pointing to a small desk not too far from his.

"Ahh. Thank you" Dara said and settled in.

 

"Dara can you get me a mocha latte" JiYong said standing up to stretch and handed her some money.

"Yes Sir" Dara said accepting the money and hurried downstairs.

"OPPA!" Nana said bursting into the room with a mocha latte and some food.

"Nana-ah, you're back" JiYong said smiling at her.

"Did you eat yet? Here. I bought lunch" Nana said walking over and sitting on JiYong's lap.

"Ah..thank you. You can have the mocha latte though" JiYong said opening the food.

"Huh?..Alright then.." Nana said.

But this is your favorite though..

"How was the interview?" JiYong asked.

"Well..it was okay..same old questions.." Nana said rolling her eyes.

"So when do you want to publicize our relationship?" JiYong asked. 

Although they have been going steady for a year, Nana wasn't ready to announce her secret relationship, she was afraid it was going to affect her image negatively.

"Ji..you know how I feel about this..just be patience with me please? It'll be soon...I'll announce it after my movie comes out okay? I promise..I just need to focus on making it a big hit..then we can announce our relationship. I promise!" Nana said with a pleading smile and kissed him.

"Mr Gee I'm back!" Dara announced opening the door.

Nana jumped up and backed away from Ji.

"Ah..Nana, meet my personal assistant Dara" Ji introduced.

Dara walked up to Nana with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Nana-ssi" Dara said warmly.

"Yea.. nice to meet you.." Nana said quickly.

Isn't she the same woman that picked up Mr GD's phone

"Ah. You must be his girlfriend." Dara said handing Ji his latte.

"How did you know that" Nana asked giving Ji a questioning look. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Donghae told me!" Dara said. Ji explained to Nana that Dara and Donghae were close and that they lived together.

Nana seemed to relax a bit more.

"I'm sorry Ji, I have to go, I only came back to Seoul to pick up some stuff, my plane leaves in an hour. I'll call you.." Nana said giving him a quick peck and left.

*Sigh* 

There she goes again...

"Dara can you sort these files in alphabetical order?" Ji asked handing Dara a bin full of folders.

Dara accpeted the bin and went straight to work.

 

1 hour later...

*Groooowwlll*

Dara stomach cried loudly, she was busy trying to sort out the bins, she forgot lunch.

Ji looked at Dara and chuckled.

"Lets go" He said getting up.

"Where?"

"To get food" 

"What kind?"

"Fish..?" 

Oh.. how did he know?

Ji watched as her face lit up at the mention of fish.

"You like seafood?" Ji asked as they walked to the elevator.

"Yes. I love seafood!" Dara said as she felt watering.

---

At the resturant...

"Mr GD eat up!" Dara said as she saw as the oyster soup and fish fillet arrive at the table.

"It's alright, I ate earlier remember, you just eat up I'll look over my files" Ji said scrolling through his tablet.

Dara looked at him weirdly and started to feast.

From time to time JiYong would look up to check up on the girl, and every time he did he'd see a very happy girl gobbling down her food.

As they walked back to their car, Ji learned about Dara's arrival to Seoul and how she ended up staying with Donghae.

"Hello?" Ji said answering his phone. 

"Files..? Ah those? I have them at home.. alright, I'll get them now." Ji said as he got into his car.

"Dara, we need to stop by my house, I left my files in my home office, it'll be quick" He said as Dara stepped into the passenger seat.

Dara sat quietly enjoying the city zoom past her, until Ji pulled up to his house. 

"WOW Mr GD your house is so pretty" Dara said gawking at it.

He smiled and invited her in.

"Just sit here I'll be right back" Ji said disappeared upstairs.

Dara wanted to sit still but she could sense a lot of water, so she decided to look for it. She walked past the kitchen and all the way in the back, was a door.

She opened it to a pool. Her eyes glittered at the sight of it.

Dara sighed and went back to the living room to wait for JiYong.

She waited and waited until her eyelids felt droopy, and she fell asleep.

It was 11:30 p.m. when JiYong walked downstairs. He found the files on his desk, but realized he forgot to look over a part of it, he didn't realize he had taken hours to read it over and correct it.

He walked downstairs thinking Dara had already left since it was really late, but he found the girl curled up on his couch sleeping soundly.

He walked over to wake her, but stopped and decided to just let her sleep.

---

She sat up and yawned, then looked around.

Oh. WHERE AM I 

Dara stood up really fast and wobbled a bit.

"Oh, you're awake"  JiYong's head poked out of the kitchen with a spatula in hand.

"Oh. Mr GD..why am I still at your house?" Dara asked, and then she smelled it.

FOOD

Something smelled really...really good.

JiYong saw the delighted, but confused look on her face. He chuckled to himself and motioned her to come.

Dara watched as the bacon sizzled on one pan and eggs sizzled on another.

"Hungry?" JiYong asked.

Dara nodded.

"Alright I'm still cooking, why don't you go to kitchen and freshen up" 

Dara scurried to the bathroom while Ji continued to make breakfast.

 

"Mr GD what is this? This is really yummy" Dara said with all smiles as she forked another bacon into .

"Bacon" Ji said reading the paper, when suddenly Dara's phone rang.

"Hel-" 

"DARA WHERE ARE YOU. ARE YOU HURT. DID THEY CATCH YOU?" Donghae shouted into the phone.

"Donghae-ah I'm with Mr GD right now eating bacon. I'm sorry I didn't call.. I fell asleep.." Dara said apologetically.

"Oh. Your with him? Over night? Did he do anything to you?" Donghae asked worridly.

"No, I'm fine don't worry" Dara said while shoving more bacon in .

"Alright, come home soon then, have fun" 

"Okay okay. Bye" Dara said putting down her phone.

"Is Donghae your boyfriend?" JiYong asked suddenly.

"Boyfriend..?"

'Somone thats yours. Someone that you won't share with anyone' -Donghae

Is Donghae mine? He's is MY friend..hm.. so is he mine..? Is Donghae my fish...?

JiYong noticed the familiar confused look on her face and decided to dismiss the conversation.

"It's okay, you dont have to answer" Ji Yong said giving his bacon to Dara who quickly thanked him before devoring it.

---

"Let's go Dara-ssi" Ji said as he started his car, Dara hurried out after him and got into the passenger seat.

"What's the plan for today?" Ji asked.

"Uhm, you have a meeting at 11:30 then go over some contracts with Donghae" Dara responded looking at his schedule book.

"That's it?"

He was surprised since his schedule was usually longer.

"Yes sir"

 

Around 1...

"Mr GD, here's the jajangmyeon" Dara said tearing open the take out bag.

Ji had just finished his meeting, he still has one more meeting, but he told Dara to order food since she was going to get hungry waiting for him.

While she waited, she dusted the whole room and tidied up the cabinets.

Knock Knock

"Come in"

"President, here are the contracts for the new museum" Donghae said walking in.

"Donghae!" Dara said standing up,smiling, lips covered in black jajangmyeon sauce.

"Oh, hi" Donghae said cheerfully.

Ji stood up and walked over to the couches, Donghae following him.

Dara sat at her desk watching the 2 of them discuss the contract, she didn't understand much, but smiled whenever Donghae or Ji looked up at her.

 

"Well that's about it. We can start constructing next week" Ji said and signed some forms.

"Yes sir" Donghae said standing up. "Dara come to my office after you finish okay? I'll take you home" Donghae said before exiting Ji's office.

Ji Yong returned to his desk and finished eating.

"Dara, do you know how to send emails?" Ji asked.

"Emails? Whats that?" 

"Alright come here, I'll show you. You may have to write emails for me as a personal assistant" Ji said

Dara got up and pulled her chair close to Ji's, so close he could smell her shampoo.

She listened to his instructions very clearly and decided she wanted to give it a try.

"Ta-da! Is this good?" Dara proudly presented Ji her first email.

"Very good..I'm impressed" Ji said nodding.

 

As a mermaid, she is able to learn quickly and adapt pretty fast to the human world, she learned many things due to the help of Donghae. She was finally comfortable with ordering food, doing laundry, cleaning, and even surfing the web. She liked the human world, but she never forgot her plan. 

---

At home..

"Dara, dinners ready" Donghae called out.

"Coming!" Dara. She got up to wash her hands, just as her phone rang.

"Mr GD?" 

"Hi, sorry to bother you but can you stop by my office and pick up my files for me. I left it there by accident and I need it tonight." Ji said.

"No problem"

"I'll send you my address" Ji said and hung up.

"Sorry Donghae, MrGD needs me. I'll be back very soon" Dara said and ran out the door.

Donghae ran out of the kitchen in time to see Dara leave.

 

With the files in hand, she got off the bus and started to walk towards Ji's house. She could see it up ahead since it was very big.

"Agassi are you lost?" A man who reaked of alcohol said approaching Dara.

"Nope..I'm going somewhere right now" Dara said walking a little faster.

"No no...you seem lost" the man said following Dara.

Dara started to panic so she summoned her dagger, holding it closely to her. She didn't want to hurt innocents, but she felt he might hurt her, so she got ready to attack, if he did.

"Agassssiiii" the man said again placing a hand on Dara's shoulder.

She tensed up and turned around ready to stab him..

"YAH" Ji called from behind Dara.

Dara quickly dissolved her dagger as Ji walked closer.

The drunk man saw Ji and started to back away.

Even in his hoodie and shorts, Ji looked pretty intimidating.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Ji Yong asked feeling sorry he made her come all the way to him.

"Nah I'm fine" Dara said.

"This won't do.." Ji muttered to himself.

Dara handed him the files and started to walk back to the bus stop.

"No, I'll drive you.. its late and dangerous, I shouldn't have made you come in the first place." Ji said and grabbed her hand leading her to the car.

thump thump thump

eh? what is this? is my heart broken? why is it beating so fast

Dara with a flushed face got into the passenger seat and sat quietly through the whole ride.

 

"Donghae I'm home" Dara announced.

"How could you leave like that, the food got cold I'm going to-"  Donghae walked out of the kitchen with a pout.

Ji walked in behind Dara.

"President, what are you doing here?" 

 "Donghae-ssi we need to discuss something" Ji said looking at Dara.

"Dara go microwave the food okay? Me and President are going to talk in my office" Donghae said leading Ji down the hall.

Donghae closed the door and turned to Ji.

"What do you need to talk about?"

"I think Dara should live with me" 

----

A/N: Sorry for the long wait..kinda had a writers block T^T

Nan's thoughts: Orange