-7-

The Little Mermaid

"Dara what are you doing..." Ji said opening the pool door.

Dara was seated on the floor with a towel over her legs and her hands over her eyes.

"Huh..?" Dara peeked through her fingers realizing her tail has dried.

"OH THANK GOD" She cried out.

"Dara are you okay? Did you hurt yourself?" Ji asked walking over to her.

"Yea. I'm fine. I'm great!" Dara said happily.

"Did you fall in? Let me see if you're hurt" Ji said walking over to examine her legs.

Dara sat very still, worried that some scales might still be out.

Ji lifted the towel to find her legs perfectly fine.

"You sure you're not hurt? Go shower, I'll clean up here" Ji said 

Dara ran out of the pool room and up the stairs relieved she wasn't caught.

Ji took the towel from the floor and shook it and was about to wring out the water when a champagne pink scale fell from within the towel.

He bent to see pick it up.

Eh.. what is this? 

He shook it off and placed the scale in his pocket and walked back to his room.

---

Stupid stupid stupid-  never do that again. He almost caught me.

Dara stepped out of the shower with a towel wrapped around her neck as she walked down to the kitchen to grab a snack.

"Ah that was close.." she said opening the fridge.

"What was close?" A voice behind her whispered, scaring her half to death, as she turned around stumbling backwards on the verge of falling.

Ji grabbed a hold of the towel around her neck neck before she could fall and pulled her up.

Thump Thump Thump

Thump Thump Thump

Dara began to feel her cheek warm up so she looked down hoping he didn't take notice.

Ji stared at the girl before him for a while before letting go of the towel.

 "Are you..uh..are you okay? I hope I didn't scare you badly.." Ji said rubbing the back of his head.  

"Yea. I'm fine. What are you doing here? Are you hungry?" Dara turning around facing the fridge pretending to look for something.

"No I just heard you come down..I'll uh..I'll see you in the morning." Ji said walking back upstairs.

What am I doing.

He got into bed, but he tossed and turned. He could not get her flushed face out of his mind.

She's just my personal assistant. Nothing more. I got Nana..

Meanwhile downstairs...Dara sat on the couch watching the newest drama..

 

Dara's POV

THIS IS SO STUPID!

I watched as the crazy annoying girl hugs the lead guy character.

OH SHE DID NOT.

Just then the lead girl comes..oh this is not good.

...

"Dara..Dara what are you doing here?" 

I opened my eyes,and I see Mr GD's face, very very close.

"Huh?" I sat up alert.

"You fell asleep on the couch?" He asked closing the tv.

"Yea.. I think so, the drama was so good... I think I fell asleep watching it.." I said getting up to go wash up.

---

"Mr GD YG Ent just sent an email requesting you to look over the contracts for the new models" I said walking over to the printer as the new contracts were being printed.

I think I'm getting a hold of this job, but I still haven't made any progress in finding Mr Dragon Tattoo.

I walked over to hand him the papers, but he wasn't paying attention.

"Mr GD?" 

"Huh..? Yea sorry. Sure I'll look over them" he said looking away from his computer.

He looked..sad.

"Mr GD are you okay?" 

"Yea" he answered with a sigh.

I went back to my seat and continued to look over some extra files YG Ent sent over.

---

After work, Mr GD drove us back home like usual, however along the way, he came to an abrupt stop near a parking lot.

I looked at the direction he was looking at. It was a white car.

"Mr GD are you okay? Why'd you stop?"

"Let's take a detour, I need to confirm something" He said driving towards the parking lot.

 

"How may I help you?" a young man said greeting Mr GD.

"You're the valet right? You parked that white car right? Can I see the keys?" He asked the man and handed him some money.

"Yes sir" the young man went into a cabinent and got Mr GD the keys.

He's being weird..

Mr GD looked at the car keys and his face turned cold.

We continued to walk to the building the parking lot was behind of.

I looked up at the enterance.. Jin Hotel?

Mr GD seemed to know exactly where he's going, he headed straight for the elevators. I quietly followed him in and he pressed for the 7th floor.

We got off and I followed him to room 21A. 

Why are we here... but I couldn't ask him, he seemed to be a bad mood.

He knocked on the door, and the door opened.

A man opened the door..

OMO he had nothing on top...

I looked at the floor..what is going on here.

"Nana come out" Mr GD said

Nana? His girlfriend? What is she doing here.

I looked up to see Nana walk to the door, with an oversized shirt on.. and no pants.

Oh this isn't good.

"Ji what are you doing here..?" She said in a scared tone.

She is with another man? They're not even full dressed. OhMy.

"What am I doing here? What are YOU doing here?" Mr GD exploded.

I've never seen him so angry before..this is getting scary..

"Ji I'm sorry, theres.. it's not what it looks like.. I just.. we were.." Nana said as tears dripped down her eyes.

"What? Practicing for the script? In Korea? I thought you were in the states. You eve had the audacity to do it in OUR hotel room. This was OUR room...Don't even bother explaining. Let's go Dara" He said and grabbed my hand.

When we got into the elevator, I saw tears form in his eyes, even though he tries to hide it.

"Mr GD..." I said. I don't know how to comfort him..so I just held his hand tightly.

We were still holding hands when we got to the car.

The ride home was silent, except for the constant ringing of Mr GD's phone.

 

When we got home he disappeared into the basement and then came up wine -I learned this from the dramas...apparently people get really crazy after drinking a lot of this.

He poured himself a glass of wine and then poured another one, and offered it to me.

Of course I took it and drank it, I just didn't know I wasn't suppose to drink the whole glass, all at once.

It hit me hard, but it made me feel dizzy and woozy and kind of happy?

"You drank all that? All at once? Are you crazy?" he said setting down his glass.

"Was I not" *hiccup* "suppose to?" *hiccup* 

He just chuckled and poured me some more.

I smiled at him and raised my glass.

"Yah...this is not a celebration, this is a sorrow drink.." he said

"Huh? No..clink it with meeeeeee. I seeee it alll the time in the drammaa" I whined.

"Arraso" He said and clinked glasses with me...

I smiled really big and took a gulp.


Author's POV

After finishing the bottle of wine..

"Daraaaa...I'm hurt.." he said placing his hand over his heart.

"Whhhhyyyyy" Dara said walking over to him, wobbling on the way.

"Nanaaa...she hurt me..verrrry badly..." he said.

"I hurt there tooooo" she said in singsong voice.

"Whyy did some guyyy hurrrt you there tooo?" He asked tilting his head as she sat down next to him on the couch.

"Noooo...only when this happppppennnnsss" she said and leaned in very close to Ji Yong.

Their noses were almost touching, they could feel each other's breath..

Thump Thump Thump

Thump Thump Thump

"I don't know whyyy but I think myyy hearrt might breakkkk it is beatttiinnng verrrrrry verrrrrrrry fassst" Dara said smiling.

For some reason he felt awake.. he looked at her smiling face, her rosy cheeks and her wide brown eyes...without a second thought closed the distance between them.

Dara felt a jolt of energy when his lips crashed against hers. Her heart raced as his lips moved against hers, but she didn't stop him. She closed her eyes and let him in.

---

The next morning..

Both asleep on the couch, she's snuggled up next to him, his arms protectively around her.

He woke up first. He opened his eyes only to the see girl sleeping peacefully next to him and he didn't want to wake her. He layed there looking at her.

"What are you doing.." 

He looked up and saw Nana walking in the front door. He jolted up, waking Dara in the process.

"You blame me for cheating, but aren't you doing the same thing." Nana said coldly looking at Dara.

"It's not cheating if we're not together anymore" Ji said standing up facing her.

"We didn't break up. It was just a misunderstanding, let me explain Ji... I love you" Nana said grabbing his hand.

"We did. I don't want to see you anymore. Get out" He said shaking off her hand.

Dara watched the both of them and realized what was going on.

It was just like the drama...

I'm the crazy annoying girl..that got in the way of the lead male and lead girl..

She winced as the hangover started to set in.

"You okay?" Ji asked attending to Dara.

"Just my head, I'll be okay..I'm going to my room...you guys continue talking.." Dara said and got up.

"No you have a hangover, Nana is just leaving. Let's go and get you to bed, I'll make soup for the both of us" Ji said continuing to ignore Nana's presence as he held Dara's hand and helped her up the stairs.

"NO." Dara said loudly.

"Huh..?" Ji looked at her confused

"You...you said your heart hurts because of her, so go and fix it with her right now. Then your heart can be healed..and it will all be okay. I can make it to my room myself" Dara said pushed Ji's arm away.

"Stop acting all innocent you . You became Ji's personal assistant just so you can steal him away from right?" Nana bursted out.

Dara turned around to face her.

"No...I only came to look for someone.. I didn't steal him away. He is still yours.." Dara said and smiled at her.

Ji looked at the girl next to him, and for some reason when she said that..he felt a small twist somewhere.

"You fake " Nana said and walked towards Dara.

Ji Yong stepped in front of Dara so Nana couldn't hurt her.

"Leave." he said in a cold tone.

"Ji Yong...I love you..I really really do.." Nana said pleading him again.

"Too bad I don't feel the same way. Now leave.." He said pointing to the door.

Nana looked at him then at Dara, then stomped her way out.

--

"I called in sick for the both of us" Ji said setting down porridge in front fo Dara.

"I feel fine..really.." Dara said.

Ji said across from Dara and stared at her.

"Does your heart hurt?" he suddenly asked her.

"No..why?" Dara asked spooning porridge into .

He leaned in almost touching noses..

"How about now?"

thump thump thump

-------

A/N : Hello! Thanks for all the patience! Enjoy this short update T^T