Chapter 23

❣ The Teacher Student Marriage #2017
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You scrolled past the pictures on social media, watching everyone staring into the camera with bright smiles plastered all over their faces. Though there was only one face that particularly asked for your attention. Even though she had already told you in her text that she was definitely going to that party and that she’d find someone else to hang out with, you’d had a hard time believing that she was serious. Until now, the morning after, because it was quite obvious that she’d been there and that she had fun. Each time you came past a picture other and Jongdae an uncomfortable feeling nestled itself inside of you. You knew that Elena liked him, she’d been hobbling behind him for years now. But in the end you felt a need of protecting her, of keeping her away from that guy. The fact that he’d been all touchy with you didn’t have anything to do with it, you just didn’t feel like he was the right person for her. But if you’d tell her that now she would never speak to you again, and your friendship would be completely ruined. There was a big chance that she wasn’t going to take much from you during the past few weeks. The first thing you’d have to do when you got to school on Monday was apologize to her, because she wasn’t going to just let this slide. With a groan you laid your phone beside you on the kitchen counter as you stirred inside the pan one more team, hushing the bacon. 

 

“Bad mood?” His raw voice reached your ears and instantly all the small baby hairs on top of your arms stood up straight. You swallowed, rather audibly before turning your head to face him, watching him stand at the entrance of the kitchen. He leaned his brought shoulder against the doorframe and his eyes studied you from where he stood. It was clear he was waiting for an answer and you cleared your throat before speaking up. “Spotted some pictures online, I guess Elena wasn’t lying when she said she’d have fun without me.” You said, nudging at your phone and you heard him sigh as you focused back on the food. When you’d woken up this morning it had been early, while normally you were one to sleep in during the weekends. Since you hadn’t been able to go back to sleep you had decided to give up and simply get up. That was how you had ended up standing in front of the stove in the first place. You were extremely aware of the fact that he was crossing the distance between the two of you, until he showed up right beside you. One of his hands came up to brush a strand of lost hair behind your ear and you could feel an intense shiver run down your spine. His fingers lingered a little bit longer on your skin than necessary before pulling away. Everything about him made you feel more alive, his presence was enough to make your body hyper alert. 

 

What happened last night wasn’t something you could just forget. Somehow your brain didn’t want to forget it, didn’t want to erase it and instead you ended up replaying the scene inside of your head over and over again. The softness of his lips against yours still caused your heard to make loops inside of your chest and you couldn’t control it. His nearness did very strange things to you and ever since last night you were no longer able to deny that your feelings for him were changing. The need you had felt to kiss him had come from deep inside of you, and it was so strong that you weren’t able to fight it. Even now, you could still feel the urge to look at his lips, to see if they looked any different since last night. “Don’t let it get to you. At this point she’d probably do anything to mess with your feelings.” He said and you pulled a face at the meat as you realized that she was the only one. You grabbed a plate and piled the bacon on top of it, trying not to make a mess of things. A silence fell over the two of you as he followed your movements and you placed everything down in the middle of a set table. If he was surprised about your early activities than he didn’t let you notice anything of it. “I actually wanted to talk to you about something.” There was something serious that came over him all of a sudden and you felt as if your breath faltered as you guided your eyes back to him. The two of you both stood in front of your chairs, not daring to move before he’d spoken up. 

 

“I just, wanted to make sure you weren’t upset because of what happened last night. I know the situation between the two of us is very, complicated. But if I made you feel uncomfortable by…kissing you then I’ll promise you that I’ll never do it again.” He seemed so honest when he said it, as if he truly felt bad and guilty for letting himself get dragged along like that last night. This would have been the perfect way out, if you’d tell him that you didn’t want this, that last night had made you feel uneasy. But before you could tell what was going on inside of you, you already shook your head. “No! No.” Your voice was too loud, and you answer came much to fast, which caused the both of you to blush. With a heart that was stammering inside of your ears your fingers rapped tightly around the wood of the chair, your skin turning white. Feeling like you were unable to keep eye contact with him you stared at the kitchen cabinets beside his head. Yet, his eyes never left your face and it made you feel warm on the inside. “You shouldn’t apologize, I’m the one who started it. You didn’t really have much choice…” You said, hating the heat that was spreading all over

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter