Chapter 10

❣ The Teacher Student Marriage #2017
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was only one way to explain it, being at home all by yourself was boring as hell. The house was empty and quiet and beside all of that it was also very big. Your parents had told you that it had been just an apartment, but you wondered what they had paid for it. It was very clear that they wanted this thing to succeed and you couldn’t help but be curious about who Baekhyun was and which family he came from. What could he offer your parents so that they thought he was good enough to marry you? You had always expected it to come to a war when you would come to the point of getting into your first real relationship, though it had gone a little different than you had imagined it to. Staying still had never been your best talent, you were someone who always did things, who hated being bored. So even though he had told you to rest before he had left for school this morning, you hadn’t really kept yourself to your part of the deal. At first you had wandered around the house a little, discovering places you had never seen before. You had discovered a huge and empty attic, with a wooden floor and a few windows so the sunlight fell in. How was it possible that a enormous and beautiful space like that wasn’t used for something? After walking around for a while you had cleaned a little bit, you had reorganized your clothes in your closet, had thrown a few things out which you didn’t wear anymore so that you had some new found space. So you had texted Elena to ask her if she wanted to go shopping once you were better and you were able to go out. Baekhyun would never allow you to get out of the house before you were healthy again and actually you weren’t really jumpy to see Elena at this moment. You weren’t just confused about everything and sad because you were keeping secrets from her, you were also looking like a mess. Your skin was pale and you were sure there were dark circles underneath your eyes, even though you hadn’t looked at yourself in the mirror yet, not that you wanted to. 

 

Now you were laying on the couch, scrolling through your phone in the hope to find something interesting on Instagram and answering the texts you were getting from James. How you had met James was a very different story from how you had met Elena. He was a great guy, and at this moment he could stand up for himself and he had grown out of him pimple phase, but he hadn’t always been like this. When you had just started high school James had been the boy who had been hiding behind dumpsters so he wouldn’t be seen by others. He was the guy who always got chosen last with gym and who everyone walked around in a big circle. It wasn’t like people were bullying him, but they weren’t also being kind to him. One day you had been walking home from school, after you had had a crappy day yourself and you had found him all by himself, crying, behind a bench. He had been sitting on the ground, a tearful mess and you hadn’t been able to do anything else than to walk over to him and sit beside him. The most surprising thing was probably that you hadn’t said a single word to him, because what was there to say? You knew why he was crying, because he didn’t have any friends, because no one liked him and he had no idea why, because he was lonely. So that day you gave him a reason to stop crying, you joined him behind his bench and you sat with him, to make him feel less alone. As soon as he had stopped crying you had left, again, in pure silence, since you weren’t sure if you would be able to take his story. You had been a kid, who hadn’t known any better than to feel sorry for the boy without any friends and to keep him company during the moment he needed something. The next day he had sat down on your table in the cafeteria, he had looked up, had smiled at you and that was when it had all started. Any other people probably would have told him to back off and find his own place to eat, but just like you had done the day before Elena had taken him in quietly before asking him how his day had been. That was how James had become your friend and even though you all pretended as if you had forgotten about that time, you knew that he still thought of it sometimes. You could tell by the way he looked at you, as if he was grateful for something you had done. Sometimes you wondered what would have become of him if you hadn’t done what you had done that day, would he still be alive? 

 

It was true that your James was a little bit different from the usual guys. He didn’t care about sports, instead he liked poetry. His clothes were different and he always knew the latest fashion trends. Yes, your mind was going a certain way while thinking about it, but you weren’t sure if he was ready to admit it to anyone, or himself. The thing was that you didn’t care, he was your friend and it didn’t matter who he chose to love someday, as long as he was happy. There would be a day you’d get towards the point he’d get comfortable enough about saying it out loud, about confessing it to you and Elena. And until that day you would just pretend as if you didn’t notice anything. Like you were doing right now, as he went on and on about this new hair style he had seen online and how he thought about getting it, you just pretended as if you didn’t see it. You held your breath and listened carefully when you heard the front door swing open. There was only one person who owned the second key, although you were still convinced about it that your parents had a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter