Chapter 17

❣ The Teacher Student Marriage #2017
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Heeri, wait!” Baekhyun shouted after you and you were debating inside of your head if you should stop or keep going. After all he had been sweet enough to run off and leave your parents there so he could come with you. He was the one who had stood up for you and who had dared to go against your parents even though he probably knew before how they would react to his questions. It was almost as if he believed more in your dreams than you did yourself. Maybe you shouldn’t be so harsh on him. Maybe he meant well, during the time you had spent with him he had never tried anything with you. He was always being a gentleman and he always meant well. But the thought that he was your teacher and that your parents were playing such a big role in all of this just made it impossible for you to accept all of this. All of this was so unreal, you had never asked for any of this. The wind was freezing cold and you realized just then that you had forgotten your coat inside of the restaurant. But there was no way you were going to turn back now. The last thing you wanted was for your parents to think that you had come back to apologize to them. This time you weren’t going to be the one to tell you were sorry. You hadn’t done anything wrong. They were the ones who couldn’t understand that you wanted something different than what they had planned for you. 

 

You knew they would never understand and they surely wouldn’t accept it. But you didn’t want to risk the chance of not trying, because than the only person you had to blame was yourself. A hand enclosed around your wrist and you were so shocked by the sudden touch that you stopped and spun around, facing the person behind you. For a second it seemed as if Baekhyun was going to scold you although you had no idea what for. He was the one who had started all of this. He could have been just as submissive as you had always been, but he had chosen to speak up against your parents tonight. Maybe that had caused them to already regret their decision of making you marry him. But then his facial expressions relaxed and you didn’t even notice he took your jacket with him until he held it out to you. “Here, put this on. I don’t want you to get sick again.” He muttered and held the clothing open for you so you could easily slip your arms in it, feeling the warmth surround you immediately. You probably looked like a mess, you hadn’t even noticed when you had started crying. The night was ruined and there was nothing that could be done to save it. Right now you just wanted to go home and get to bed, hopefully then you’d be able to forget all of this for a while. 

 

“They’re only trying to do what’s best for you, don’t be too harsh on them.” He said softly, and you pointed your blazing eyes on him. Anger rushed through your veins because of that and you figured that maybe he hadn’t been on your side at all. Maybe he had just wanted you to get stuck in this mess so he could watch you suffer. He hated this arranged agreement with your parents just as much as you did, this could as well be his way of taking revenge. “Just when I thought you were on my side. But yet, you’re just as bad as the rest of them.” You mumbled lowly before turning around on your heel and heading off again. You didn’t want to talk to him, you didn’t want to look at him and you surely weren’t planning on driving home with him. It didn’t matter if you’d get sick again, you’d rather stay home for two more weeks then spending time with him. “That’s not what I meant! I’m not saying they’re right, because they’re not. I just don’t want this to get between you and your parents. They are the only parents you’ll ever have, remember that Heeri.” He showed up beside you, since he was much faster than you were in your high heels. For the smallest second you thought about not saying anything and you pressed your lips together into a straight line. But then you changed your mind and faced him again, frustration written all over your features. “I’m the only daughter they’ll ever have, but they don’t seem to care about that either do they?” 

 

A silence settled over the two of you as you waited to hear what he had to say to that. Somehow it seemed as if he always seemed to know better, and it made you feel like a child. Though, this time he was the one who kept his mouth firmly shut as he looked you in the eye. It was almost awkward as you stood there, while you were debating if you should stay or walk away. Suddenly he took a step in your direction and you froze, not knowing how to react to his sudden nearness. It was almost as if he was making a decision inside of his mind as he lifted his hands and laid both of them on the sides of your face, covering both of your cheeks. Instantly it was as if your body was catching fire, all your nerves were enlightening as he wiped away the tracks the tears had left behind on your sticky skin. It was the first time a man had ever touched you like this and you had no idea what to do with yourself. So you made the choice of not doing anything as you silently stared into his eyes, wondering what his next move would be. If he noticed your shock then he didn’t show it and he calmly brushed his thumbs across your cheekbones, as if he had done it millions of times before. “You’re not alone, ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter