Chapter 2

❣ The Teacher Student Marriage #2017
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With an aimless look you continued to stare at the fancy looking couple that was sitting at the table next to yours. They were both typing away on their phones, the wonderful looking meals that were served in front of them were turning cold and it didn’t look like they had taken a single bite from it yet. This was a restaurants where rich business people came in order to have their meals and you hated every single place that looked like this. The smell of expensive whine filled your nose and you had to try very hard in order not to pull a face. In front of you there was a small glass of water, which looked much chicer than it should, you wondered if the glasses here were made from crystal, at least then they would have a good reason to why everything was so expensive over here. Your parents were sitting across of you as you waited for your lunch to be served, you had chosen something out of the strange looking names on the menu, of which you had no idea what it was. Hopefully it would be good, because to be honest you were starving. You only had one hour left before you had to get back to class, so they better hurried so that you wouldn’t be late. Finally your father lifted his look from his phone and he gazed at you, took in your image as if he hadn’t done that before when you had arrived here. He seemed pleased by what he saw and gave you an approving smile before he finished what he had been doing. You hadn’t dared not to listen to your mother, so you had indeed pulled on your small grey dress, which didn’t leave much to the imagination. It felt wrong, because it wasn’t what a seventeen year old girl was supposed to wear, but as long as they were happy then you were supposed to be happy as well. With a big sigh your mom dropped her bag next to her chair and she folded her hands underneath her skin before looking at you. 

 

She had become old over the past few months, since the last time you had seen her. There were a few wrinkles dancing around her eyes as she pressed a smile onto her face and almost demanded you to do the same. “Heeri, sweetie. Your dad and I are so happy that you were able to make it.” She said and you had to right to urge to roll your eyes at her. Was she serious? It wasn’t like she had really given you a choice, or had given you the chance to put her offer down. She would have found a way to get you here eventually, even if she had had to make you. Sometimes when your mother spoke to you, you had the feeling that you were one of her costumers instead of her daughter, because she always stayed so formal. You couldn’t remember the last time she had told you that she loved you or that she had wrapped her arm around you and had give you a motherly hug. “Yeah, sure.” You muttered as you gazed around the room and your eyes fell on the big chandeliers that were hanging from the ceiling. The lightbulbs were shaped in such a way that it seemed as if there were actual candles in them, if you hadn’t seen it already then you would have thought that it was magical. “So, how has school been? We haven’t seen you in a while.” Your father asked as he finally locked his phone and put it to the side, but not too far, the man would never want to miss it if he would get an important phone call. It was as if he never took a break, you were sure that one day he would die from a heart attack, didn’t all business men do? You raised your eyebrows as he took his fork and started cleaning it with his napkin before holding it in the light to see if there weren’t any finger prints on it. If there would be just one spot on it then the next waiter that would come by this table would have a serious problem. “It’s okay.” To other people your answers must sound as if you were a little annoyed child who was to spoiled to have a decent conversation with your parents. But you just knew that your parents liked short answers that made it sound as if you were doing great and everything was fine. 

 

“How about those friends of yours? They haven’t stepped by in a while, maybe we should invite you guys over for dinner this week.” Your mom proposed but you were quick to refuse that idea by telling her that it was just busy, now that the new school year had started and that there wouldn't be a lot of time left for you to come over because you would both be busy studying. It was an excuse and you were sure that they knew it, but they didn’t say anything about it. The thing was that you hated it to take your friends home with you, while your parents would act like they were interested in who they were while actually, they just wanted to find out what their parents were doing for a living and if they were still better and richer. You had learned your lesson the last time you had invited Elena over to your parents place, there was no way you were heading there again. “They’re fine though, James had a laundry mistake today. His younger brother caused all his clothing to get pink, I already told you before that they don’t get along very well.” You explained, and you were surprised that they had to think very hard before they remembered who the hell James was and they had to wonder if they had ever met him before, which they hadn’t. They knew that you had a few great friends and that you weren’t a loner, but they would never get more involved in you and your friends lives than this. “You see honey, this is why we have a maid and your an only child.” Your mother laughed at her own silly joke, but you didn’t think there was anything funny about it. You wished that you had had a little brother or sister so at least you would have had someone to play with when you had been younger. Then at least you would have felt like you made a part of a family, a feeling that you were missing at the moment. In your dorm there was no maid and you were happy that there wasn’t. Elena and you had made up your own rules in keeping the house clean and for now it was working out just great. You would always take turns with everything and eventually you all did what you had to do. You two could easily afford a maid with all the money that your parents sent you each month, but you knew a better way to spend it than that. 

 

“So Heeri, there’s a reason why we asked you to come here today, a very important one even.” There was something about the look on your mother’s face and the way that your father was trying not to be a part of this conversation that told you that you weren’t going to like this reason, whatever it was. You should have asked about it as soon as you had gotten here instead of talking about all these stupid things that weren’t even important. If you and your parents went out together then there always had to be a good reason for it, you three never went out just because you wanted to or you wanted to spend some time together. With a big sigh you leaned your chin in the palm of your hand and tried to show off as if you were at least slightly interested in what they had to say to you. If you wouldn’t be pleased with what they were about to tell you then you weren’t afraid to kick a scene, and they were aware of that, it was probably the reason why they were being so careful. Now your father finally straightened up his back and he leaned towards you over the table while looking you straight in the eye, was about to get serious. “Honey, you know that your mother and I have been looking for a decent guy for you.” He said and you could feel your lungs press together as you eyes flared up. No way, you had talked about this before and you had clearly told them the last time to stay the hell out of this. They were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter