Basement (iii)

Seulrene: Once you know my name, there’s no turning back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What's this?!" He said as he walked towards me filled with anger.

 

"Is what I gave you still not enough?!" I run around his desk and had a chance to escape through the door when he caught me and throw me off forcefully to the wall. Falling on the floor, I struggled to crawl straight to the door and suddenly felt arm grabbing my foot.

 

"What? You're going to leave me?" He pulled me aggressively from behind.

 

"I will never let you leave me, Irene. Never."

 

 

I realized it was just a dream when I woke up breathing heavily. Trying to calm my breathing down, I subconsciously run my right hand to my head and felt a wet object place in my forehead.

 

"You have a fever but it's getting lower now." She said as she gets the towel in my forehead and dipped it to the basin on the table.

 

"But you still need a rest." She squeezed the excess water in the towel and placed it again on my forehead.

 

"How's your feeling?"

 

"H-Hungry." My voice sounds worse. I wonder why though.

 

She chuckled at me.

 

"Of course, you've been sleeping for two days. Here, drink this first." She said and grabbed the glass with orange juice in it that placed on the table. She helped me sit upright and made me drink the juice. After I gulped it all down, she stands up from the chair.

 

"Wait here, I'll cook food for you." She said still holding the glass and exited the room. Half an hour passed, I tried bringing myself up and I succeeded. Despite of my whole body was aching, I slowly walked out of the room and made my way to the kitchen.

 

"Oh?" She said as she saw a glimpse of me in the kitchen.

 

"Didn't I told you to just wait in the room?" She said and placed the food on the plate.

 

"I-It's okay. I can manage to walk now."

 

"Well then, please have a seat." I took the seat on the dining table where she motioned me to and she placed a plate of food in front of me.

 

"I'll be driving down town later and if you're feeling better now I can send you off." She said and took a seat beside me as she places the remaining food she cooked on the table.

 

"Do you have any relatives I can send you to? Do you know their address?"

 

"I'm an orphan." I simply said and started eating the food she served for me.

 

"Oh.. Sorry for that." She averted her eyes on me to the floor and sighed softly.

 

"Please, don't be. I'm not giving it a big deal anyway."

 

"Umm.." She scratched her right cheeks, thinking perhaps.

 

"H-How about friends? Do you have any friends?"

 

I chewed the food a little on my mouth and swallowed it down.

 

"M-My husband doesn't want me to have any friends. He just wanted me stay at home that's why I don't have any." I said and drink down some water.

 

"Then where can I send you to?"

 

I stuffed another spoonful of food in my mouth. Having a thought in it, I don't know the answer to her question either.

 

"C-Can I just stay here for a while?"

 

She heaves another sigh again.

 

"Irene, if you don't want me to bring you to the hospital at least let me bring you to the police station--"

 

My eyes widen in fear. I abruptly dropped the utensils I'm holding to my plate.

 

"N-No! Seulgi you don't understand! You can't do that!"

 

"What I don't understand?" Her brows knitted together.

 

"Irene, let me bring you to the police station so that you can file a case against your husband and make him in jail!" She said firmly.

 

"I know some of the police who can help us." She addends.

 

I shake my head vigorously.

 

"No! You can't! Seriously, Seulgi you really don't understand!"

 

"What I don't understand? Then make me understand!" She burst out at me impatiently.

 

I looked down on my thighs and clutched a handful of the clothes I'm wearing.

 

"D-Do you know Park, Bogum?"

 

"The new Chief of Police in town? Umm.. no." She said nonchalantly.

 

"But we don't need him anyway as--"

 

"He's my husband." I revealed that made her silence for a while.

 

"T-That's why I can't go to the police station or to the hospital because that's where he's going to find me first!"

 

Despite being taken a back, she manages to compose herself.

 

"S-So what? If the hospital finds out that he beats you off, then the hospital wouldn't let you--"

 

"Do you think he would really admit it?" Tears are already lingering in the corner of my eyes.

 

"All he has to do is to find where am I, say I'm a drug dealer or whatever lies he can make up to and make me stay on a place where he can look after me 24/7 again!" My hands were shaking.

 

"I-I'm saying all of this because.. that is what he keeps doing every time I tried to run away from him.." Tears are already flowing from eyes.

 

"I-I just.. wanted to have someone who can love me back like the way I can give to.." I said with tears continuously flowing from my eyes."

 

"Is it wrong for me to asked for that kind of wish?" I looked at her as she averted her eyes on me.

 

"All he ever did to me was treat me like his toy that he could just play with and when he's done--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter