Basement (ii)

Seulrene: Once you know my name, there’s no turning back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My place is located at a deepest part of South Gyeongsang province where it takes 1-2 hours to get in town. Thus every time I'm out of supplies, I often buy what I need for a week. Hence, I wouldn't have to leave my house that long. Like I said, there are lives depending on me.

 

It is in a middle of the night, I'm driving my car full of groceries. The deafening silence way back home is making me feel melancholy. I decided to turn on the radio, hoping to lighten up my mood a little bit. So that, even in a brief moment, I could trick myself to forget this torment I am the one who is the culprit. I lied to the people around me. I lied to the people who care about me. I lied to my best friend. I lied to my wife. Worst, I even lied to myself. I am a terrible person. I am a garbage. I am a trash. I am the pitiful human being you can think of. But please.. Don't hate me for what I did.. Please.. forgive me..

 

And what's makes it more miserable, of all the songs can be played on the radio, my late wife's favorite song is on the roll. Is this how God reminds me for the sin I committed? That every day in my life, whatever I do, even if I try to be better, a no soul person like me cannot be forgiven.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would you blame me that I did whatever it takes to save this love I've been cherishing for so long?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would you blame me to love someone unconditionally?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would you blame me for not accepting that this love had been fade away? Two years ago?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would you blame me to deny the painful truth and made myself believe into this comforting lie?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Would you?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

WOULD YOU?!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT I FEEL BECAUSE IN THE FIRST PLACE, YOU ARE NOT ON MY SHOES!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I.. I just wanted to love..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And to be love back..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I.. I had to do what I did..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

So that in the end, she wouldn't leave me..

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In a blur, all of my memories with her start replaying before my eyes.

 

 

I just woke up from a dream

 

"Honey~ Give me my morning kiss."

 

"Seulgi stop.." She said as she avoided her lips to mine.

 

"You're not getting any."

 

"Eh? Whhhhyyyy?" I whined.

 

"Because you didn't brush your teeth yet."

 

"Ehhh Honey.." I crease my brows together and pouts.

 

"Am I really not getting any?"

 

"Ahh Seulgi.. You really know my weakness."

 

She giggles.

 

"I'm just kidding. Come here~"

 

To find that sad star is so far away again

 

"Seulgi quit it. I'm mad at you." She said and stomped away from me.

 

I walked behind her and embrace her small frame to mine.

 

"Honey I'm sorry if I forgot about our dinner date.. I had this urgent case and I did everything I could do to save the little boy's life."

 

"Is he okay now?" She murmured.

 

"Yeah. He's stable now."

 

She slowly turned to face me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

 

"Okay I forgive you."

 

I leaned in to capture her soft lips to mine. We shared a long passionate kiss. When I broke the kiss, her facial expression softens towards me.

 

"You're not mad at me anymore?" I asked.

 

She shakes her head a little.

 

"No."

 

She gave me a peck on my lips.

 

"Good job on saving someone's life. I'm proud of you Honey."

 

Goodbye I bid farewell awkwardly

 

"Did you know that when you kiss someone in one minute, you burn 2.6 calories? Wanna burn some calories Honey?"

 

"Are you trying to say I'm fat?"

 

"Wait-- No! That's not how it supposed to go.."

 

"Then how should it supposed to go? You are trying to say I'm fat just a minute there."

 

"Honey.. No, I didn't mean it like that."

 

"You said I'm fat."

 

"No, I didn't. You are not fat."

 

"I don't want to hear another explanation. You're sleeping on the couch tonight."

 

"Ehhh???"

 

"You.On.The.Couch.Now."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter