Chapter 16

Too Late To Run!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She looks at the cup of water in front of her , struggling to look up at him. She promised herself she will not look weak  if she ever sees him, that she will confront him and ask him why he did it. Why did he have to destroy her life, was he happy after he did it … but here she is now … barely looking at him .. Secretly counting all the steps to the exit on the left … and how long it will take her to run out of this hell … and then she hears his voice … the voice that once might have sounded like hope to her … but now It only sounded like her wounds waiting to bleed again

"Its been a while … "

She just nods her head slowly not being able to talk

" I was really surprised to see you, I thought you don’t remember me when you were about to leave …"

She blinks …. Its because ive been trying really hard to forget your face … to erase every trace of your memories from my mind … and you had the audacity to call my name … and act like we should remember each other.

She takes the cup of water taking a sip hearing him again

"Thanks for helping Hoseok hyung … he's like my older brother  … If it wasn’t for you something bad might have happened to him"

She looks up at him wondering if she would still do the same if she knew the man she tried to help was his Hyung.

The painful silence was suffocating both of them looking at each other with words they couldn’t voice out but they could read from each other's eyes. The memories flying back to their temporal lobe. Their brain trying really hard to push everything back to where it was buried but failing at every attempt.

 

Flashback

 

She looked at her watch nervously sitting in front of the school committee. He'll come … don’t worry … he will come. she heard her thoughts comforting her but she nervously checked the watch again. She lifted her head hearing the door open as she looked at that direction with hope but her eyes darkened not seeing a trace of him , instead a tall guy entering the room wearing a formal suits and tie. She tried to breath , feeling her heart thumbing against her chest as he walked closer to them

"Jimin couldn’t come due to some issues . I am his lawyer and I will be presenting his testimony today."

She looked at the tall guy confused, not remembering hearing about a lawyer  from Jimin. She remembered his voice "Don’t worry Byul , I'll come and talk about everything that happened to you." 

She nervously closed her eyes. Its alright , he's probably just busy , he promised me.

She looked at the committee receiving Jimin's statement, she nervously gulped as they opened the sealed letter and started reading through the statement.

"I , Park Jimin, testify that I have not witnessed any form of physical abuse committed by Choi Minho and therefore I testify the allegations made by Han Byul is … "

She looked at the committee looking back at her as she slowly felt the sounds fading in the room. And then she recalled his innocent face looking back at her while whispering "You will be fine , don’t worry , I will help you get through this" .

 She barely remembers anything after that. Except for the committee looking at her asking her multiple times if she has any thing in defence of herself. And then everyone leaving the room while Jimin's lawyer sat in front of her muttering sentences she could barely hear . And then she was left alone , losing the last traces of trust and confidence she had in people along.

 

Flashforward

 

She looks up at him playing with the cup of water with his small fingers. She closes her eyes as she hears him again

"How have you been?"

"Fine … I guess" how do you think Ive been after you basically stomped on me , you two faced jerk.

"I..its good to hear" he shifts in his seat uncomfortably

She nods taking another sip of her cup of water hearing herself in her mind asking him”. How have you been? Have been living well after destroying someone else's life? Have you made your career after you got that bastard's side? You should be probably one of his little midgets Now. “

But the words stay in her mind, the words that were thought and prepared for this day to be said stay , still eating her up but not being able to be said.

She stands up telling her mind off , Ive had enough, of these thoughts and of my weak self. She collects her last ounce of strength and voices it out

"Sunbae, I have a favour … next time when we meet please don’t act like you know me … I would appreciate it"

She says as she bows quickly and turns back  finding her way around the map she already drew in her mind a few minutes ago.

He looks up at her " this is your last chance park Jimin … if you don’t do anything you will regret this for the rest of your life."

"Ive been always thinking of you … Ive always felt sorry … I never lived my life happy of the decision I made … not even for one second since that day … I wanted to say … that Im sorry … I really am "

She hears him and the tears patiently waiting in her eyes finally falls down her face as she looks back

"Sunbae  …  do you really think you deserve to be forgiven? "

She says as she turns back leaving the café with rushed steps.

He stands there looking down at the floor feeling everything fading around him

I don’t deserve to be forgiven … I will never be forgiven … I can not be forgiven …

-

She enters the bar walking to the seat she sat with Yoongi last time. She grabs a seat and orders a couple of bottles and takes out her phone. She  looks at the notifications sighing.

She opens the most recent one

"Lets talk sometimes!" - August D 7:30 PM

She sighs hesitating before pressing the call button im so gonna regret this

"hello?"

" do you … want to drink together?"

She just hears him breathing on the other side of the phone and is about to put it away from her ear and hang up when she hears him

"will be there in 10 mins … don’t get drunk until I come"

She smiles hanging up and then looks at the reflection her smiling self in the glass table. Her smile disappears putting the phone away and filling her glass with some Soju

He enters the bar looking around for her and catches her sitting on the same spot he was expecting and walks to her table and grabs a seat

She looks up at him and quickly looks away as she says

"Im sure you were surprised … specially since I promised you wont have to deal with drunk me again … but …"

" Drink all you want … I'll take you home … tell me your house passcode though … Don’t wanna be locked out again"

"1204"

He furrows his eyebrows

"Do you usually give people your passcode so easily?"

"Why … I cant?"

"you shouldn’t trust people so easily … they might take advantage of you"

"They do "

"What?"

"They do take advantage of me … because im just easy and too stupid to mess with"

He gulp looking at her nervously Did I do something wrong again? … or maybe she knows that I read her diary and …

"I keep telling myself I need to stay away from people … that I shouldn’t trust them … but I still do … and every time it hurts"

He looks at her a bit lost and then realizes she already finished a bottle.

"Are you alright?"

She fills her glass smiling as she whispers

"Would you be able to forgive someone who betrayed your trust?"

He looks at her gulping nervously … is that about me? Ughhh shouldve told her the other night … you idiot Min Yoongi

" I trusted him … and left my life in his hand … only believing in him … but he still betrayed me … If you were me … would you be able to forgive him ?"

"Have you asked him why he did it? There are times that people hurt others unintentionally … have you ever let him explain himself?"

She looked up at him … too drunk to be able to make sense of what he was saying … too sober to let it go … she then looked at the table in shock Did I ever ask him why he did it?

"I … I don’t think … I did"

"Do it then … and then decide if he deserves to be forgiven or not "

She nods looking at him in confusion

Why did I never think about it? Maybe he was blackmailed by him … maybe I put him in a place he had no other choice … If Choi Minho could hurt me like that … he might have hurt him to make him do it!

"Maybe … I just wanted to believe I am the victim … so it hurts less"

Yoongi looks at her a bit concerned … its not about him … he feels that she's somewhere else … if it was him she wouldn’t have called him. So he comfortably shifts in his place as he casually say

"Is he alive?"

"Who?"

"the "him" you are talking about since I got here"

She blushed nodding quickly

"Then go and ask him … you might feel better or worse … but if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter