Chapter 8

Too Late To Run!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He looked at the diary on the table remembering all the pages he went through last night. It was extremely embarrassing but he ended up reading all the diary notes and even taking a pictures of the notes. He ended up writing a few songs after and he believed it was all because of the diary. Of course he was not going to tell her and he will just play it cool as if he didnt even open the diary. He looked at the small plastic bag on his lap as he whispered: "I'll make it up to her with this and …"

His thoughts were cut off by the phone buzzing in his pocket.

-Hello?

-I'm the owner of the diary ... Im in the café now … can you tell me where about are you sitting?

He furrowed his eyebrows "She doesn’t remember me?" he thought as he looked around spotting her in front of the door as he waved making eye contact with her. She awkwardly smiled walking to the table and sat down across him as she bowed:

-Hello … nice to meet you!

he tilted his head confused: - didn’t you say you know me?

-Me? Did I say that I know you?

-Yeah that night on the rooftop … " he started but stopped immediately looking at her  a smirk appearing on his lips: don’t tell me you remember nothing of that night?

She blushed her voice shaking as she said : -Im really sorry about that night … and Im really thankful for your help … Im sorry you went through so much trouble that night!

She then took out an envelope from her bag putting it in front of him with shaking hands as she said :

-Im not sure if this is enough … this is the amount I usually pay for taxi fare to my place … please check and let me know If its not enough!

He looked at the envelope with a lost look as he picked it up looking through the neat  ‎₩10,000 notes trying to hold his laugh :

-I don’t think this would be enough!

-I know right? I thought so too … Im so sorry!" she said as she took her wallet out looking as she whispered: "How much do I exactly owe you?

He smirked looking directly back at her: the thing is copyright stuff wont be figured out just by paying money … I think I have no other choice but to sue you!

She looked back at him confused trying her best not to cry as her anxiety was hitting her now trying to dig her memory for all the mess she made the other night but her mind was still blank.

-I'm sorry … This is extremely embarrassing but I don’t remember anything of that night! Can you please tell me what I did so that I can make it up to you! Im sure we can figure this out without getting authorities involved.

He bite his lips his heart sinking as he saw the girl so clueless of him teasing her so he just casually said:

-Well apparently you have recorded my songs on your phone and have been listening to my songs illegally without asking for permission … that’s copyright breach you know!

She looked back at him whispering: your songs?

-I'm August D! the person you secretly record In the club!

It was then when it all hit her so hard. The vague memories of his face and her words to him

""-This is a secret but … I sometimes record your music with my phone so I can listen to it later.""

Her voice repeated in her head making her looking at him in shock as she whispered:

-You're August D? so it wasn’t a dream?

He laughed as he said : Woah your drunk habits are no joke … you thought it was all a dream!

She blushed looking down as she was trying to process the whole situation trying to find the best thing she could say to resolve this!

-how come you could recognized me that night even though you were drunk but you cant recognize me now that you're sober!" he said looking at her confused

-its just that you look very different with make up on!" she spat back , immediately covering looking back at him apologetically. "Omg what am I doing! stop saying right now!" she shouted at herself in her mind

He looked shocked for a few seconds and then furrowed his eyebrows in anger as he said:

-Anyway … delete those recordings now … in front of me!

-yeah?

-the recordings you have … delete it right now …

She gulped slightly terrified of his expression as she picked her phone up and opened her recordings but she stopped looking up at him with pleading eyes:

-I promise … I wont share it anywhere … its just for myse…

-NOW!

he firmly responded making her shake in her seat as she quickly deleted everything. She then looked at him when she finished clearing everything :

-Its all gone now

He grabbed the phone and had look ensuring she was telling the truth and gave her the phone back. He then grabbed the plastic bag and throw it at her:

-Next time you like a song just ask where you can get it instead of illegally recording it, specially when the performer is literally a meter away from you!

He then stood up from his seat starting to walk away. She looked at the empty seat confused as he walked away and out of her sight.

 She then looked down at the plastic bag taking the content out. A few CD's with AGUST D label with different fonts on each of them.
-

He walked in the crowded lecture room walking past all the eyes that were following him up to the very back of the lecture. He then looked through the row seeing her sitting with her earphones on so he just casually walked in the row as he sat beside her.

She slowly pulled her head up looking beside when she felt someone sitting beside her. "Its him oh my god! What do I do?" she thought as she bit her lip hard trying to think of a sentence but he said:

-It seems like our fate is tangled in me always apologizing to you! Sorry!

She gulped as she whispered: -What?

He looked directly at her: - I said I'm sorry … that I left so suddenly that night!

-N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter