Chapter 12

Too Late To Run!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyung everything's gonna be fine"

"I hope so Jimin , I really hope so"

Jimin looks at his pale face looking down at his shirt. He smiles reassuringly buttoning his shirt for him. He then grabs Hoseok's arms and they walk to the door and jimins opens the door.

"Are you guys ready?"

Jimin smiles brightly at Dr.Yoon and Jhope nods with a concerned look on his face avoiding Dr.Yoon's look to not seem as nervous as he was. They then walk down the hall to a glass walled room with a smaller room attached to it.

Dr.Yoon opens the smaller room's door and guide them in sitting behind a wide screen where there was a recording of the bigger room in front of them.

"Everything is monitored from here. Im sitting here through the session in case anything happens. You just have to give me a look and I'll be inside. Hoseok Ssi, Just give me a sign if you felt uncomfortable at any point."

Hoseok just nods gulping on his saliva looking at Jimin with a concerned look.  Jimin just smiles and with a excited look on his face says

 "Dr.Yoon can we start now?"

"Jimin Ssi , it’s the same for you, at any point you need to stop just give me a sign and we'll stop the session.

We're gonna have a 30 minutes session for today. We'll see how we go"

Jimin just nods obediently and looks at Jhope with a reassuring look. Dr.Yoon starts the recording and opens the door to the glass room in front of them and guide them to enter. She then walks back to the smaller room closing the door behind her. Although they are alone in the glass room they know someone is watching them behind the closed door so they look at each other awkwardly. Jimin just walks to the speaker which he bought over the weekend for this purpose and plays the first song. (just in case you need a song to imagine this part with)

Sia - Angel By The Wings (from the movie "The Eagle Huntress")

Jhope sits on the sofa across the room. He finds it hard to breath with the mirrors looking back at him so he just avoids looking around and looks directly at Jimin waiting for him to start dancing.

Jimin smiles at Jhope as the song starts and says

 "This one is for you hyung, Ive been practicing this for a month now in order to show you"

Jhope looks at him, a faint smile appearing on his face. Jimin starts dancing and Hoseok gets lost in his swift movement, every movement although came through his eyes as sharp as paper cuts, they were also as soft as a warm hug he would imagine Jimin giving him.

 Although he has promised himself to not focus on the pain and instead focus on Jimin's dance and try to help him achieving his goal, he cant keep his mind off the sharp pain he feels in his ankle. He smoothly grabs on to the cushion that was placed beside him on the sofa,  thanking the unknown person who has placed that there for him. He bit his lips as his eyes trembles and the first tear rolls down his cheek, his lips slightly shaking immediately after as Jimin is moving in front of him.

He closes his eyes for a second trying to remember how he should breath, struggling to remember all the trainings they did with Dr.Yoon for cases when the pain was so much he would forget to breath. Nothing … his mind is blank and none of those hours of treatment is evident in his memories.

The lack of oxygen is too much and he is running out of energy to actually keep himself up with the whole memory processing so his mind grabs on to the closest thought he has , a short term memory of a talk he had with Jimin an hour ago

"Hyung I always use your advise … When I used to focus on a dance and wouldn’t improve you would tell me to let it go and focus on other  dance moves and go back to it later, sometimes when I leave it for a while, it comes to me just naturally"

He smiles and then it hits him, focus on something else, don’t focus on breathing,. His eyes shot open and he sees Jimin still moving in front of him . He can see every word of lyrics in his dance as the tune touches his ear

"You can , You can , Do Anything, Anything" 

He blinks as he inhales the air into his lungs almost choking as the cold air hit his throat but he slowly exhales it out.

"I can do this , I can do this , Jung Hoseok you can do this"

He breathes in and out as he is trying to fix his mind on the lyrics and Jimin's movement.

Jimin finishes his dance and walks to the speaker turning the song off looking back at Jhope panting hard as he smiles

"How was it hyung?"

He looks at him finding it hard to breath and think at the same time. But its enough, he doesn’t want to look weak to the Jimin anymore, he wants to be the person Jimin can rely on and its not time for him to be weak so he gathers all his energy and steps on his feet. The pain still lingering around his ankle but he ignores it as he steps forward and walks to the younger male as he starts talking

"I can see you practiced a lot Jimin , We can just polish a few things and you might be able to use this for one of you auditions"

"hyung … really? You think we could use this for my audition? But I thought we 're gonna use one of your choreographies  because its you know … just more well designed"

Hoseok exhales with ease as he could deceive Jimin and not show his pain as he walks to the speaker to play the song

"You might be able to trick the judge's with your movements  but you cant trick their heart , My choreographies although are well designed they don’t come from your heart Jimin, to be able to win them over you need to be unique and the only way is to show them your true charm."

"But … hyung … Im not confident with my own dance moves … I think its better …"

"Jimin … you need to trust yourself as much as you trust me … only then we can do this yeah?"

Jimin smiled still a bit concerned but nods obediently

"Alright hyung … since you trust me I’ll do my best "

"Alright I need you to repeat the first verse once more and I'll point out the parts you need to change as you go"

Jhope plays the song standing beside the speaker and Jimin starts dancing …

 

-

 

Byul opens the door and shut it back behind herself walking in the house. She looks around for any trace of Taehyung but she doesn’t find him anywhere.

"Jerk, if only he was at home last night"

She then walks inside her room plugging her phone into her charger and her phone turns on with a tune.

9:15 AM

"Nuna … I got in trouble … I need you to come"

9:20 AM

"Nuna where are you?"

9:25 AM

"Nuna I promise I wont make trouble again … can you please just come?"

9:30

"Yaaaa where are you? If you don’t reply I wont forgive you"

9:35

"youre not my Nuna anymore …. Don’t you ever talk to me"

She looks at the heaps of messages and missed calls from Taehyung and curses herself as she calls his number. The phone beeps for a few times and she prays she's not too late.

"Yaaaa what are you doing? Why don’t you answer my calls?" Taehyung shouts as he responds

"I.. Im sorry … my phone died and I wasn’t home … are you alright?"

He softens as he whispers "Nuna, Im at police station … you need to get me out of here"

She gulps down as she quickly says "Alright .. I'll be there in 10 minutes"

She then hang up and quickly wears her jacket running in the street towards the nearest the police station. She enters the police station almost bumping to another tall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter