You're Worth It

Or Dragons

Jimin stared down at the test with anger. He passed it, with flying colors even, but it didn't make him feel any better. He should've been able to pass it the first time around. Why was it so easy this Time? Should he thank Namjoon for all his help or should he just wallow in his confused mind? "You still have a D you know. This is just getting you back into frame. You still have to focus in the actual class too."

"I do focus!" Jimin spoke defensively. He gulped, slumping back in his seat. He didn't mean to yell at Namjoon. He really should thank him for all his help. He had been trying to be friendly with the older for weeks, but he just wasn't able to. He still couldn't grasp the idea of being friends with him.

Jimin wouldn't say he struggled with making friends, he just struggled with keeping them. He was surprised that Taehyung had been friends with him for this many years. "Sorry." He mumbled looking back up at Namjoon. "Uh, thank you." The older scoffed, leaning forward on the table.

"Don't thank me. All I did was tell you what was wrong. You were the one that fixed it. Smarts don't always come from one's intellect." Jimin snorted at this.

"You sound like my mom." He laughed, pushing the test back to Namjoon. His mother always said things like that and it was refreshing to hear it from someone else. Namjoon shook his head, shoving the paper back into the manila folder labeled with Jimin's name.

"Speaking of your mom, she wrote so much about you in that book. Did you know about all that?" Jimin nodded, rolling his eyes. He knew about all of it and more. His mother never let well enough alone. She was always giving him some kind of disorder, only to have her colleagues figure him out and disprove whatever she said. It was like a past time for her.

"This isn't the first book she's written about me. There's about four of them, not a single one published. I won't let her, none of the things she's written has ever been close to my actual life." Namjoon nodded slowly. He didn't want to tell Jimin that the one he read was a very accurate description of what he observed. He didn't know where any of the symptoms came from, but they were all there.

"Well I thought it was pretty well written. You should let her publish it. I think it would sell." Jimin snorted, running a hand through his hair. He knew it was good, it was better than good, but he just didn't want to boost his mother's ego any more. It would mean she would push him to be even better. He would lose his mind if that happened.

"Right, well. I gotta get going. I have- I'll see you later." He almost spilled to Namjoon what he was doing. He didn't want his only happy place to be filled with his so-called-almost-kinda friend. Namjoon waved at the younger, watching him quickly leave the Study Zone.

What was really going on with him?

-

"I can't believe I'm still forced to study with him. It's been three weeks. And I'm still in the D." Jimin groaned, sliding down into a split. He could only let out his frustrations during dance. If he told them to Taehyung, the younger would only mock him and he would be back to square one.

"Oh, Min. Is it really that bad? He's a nice guy right?" Yuri folder her self over one side to stretch her back. Jimin nodded slightly.

"He's way too nice. It almost seems staged. I've never once seen him get angry or annoyed even with my attitude constantly fighting against him. It's so strange." Yuri sighed, carding her hand through her pony tail. She should really cut some of it off, it was starting to bother her.

"Maybe he's just trying to be nice to you. What if he likes you? Like not in the let's date kinda way, but in the like I see you as a brother we should be friends kinda way. I mean that's why I started being friends with you. Of course our mutual bond of dancing and love of cheap gumball games helped with our beautiful friendship, but you get the idea." Jimin snorted, nodding.

"You might be right. But I still don't like it."

-

"Hyung! Did you hear practice was cancelled? Coach had a meeting and said to just pack up and rest for the day." Taehyung ran up to Namjoon, box smile on full display. The older laughed, draping his arm over Taehyung's shoulders.

"Cool. Do you want get some drinks then? Day drinking always has it's perks." The younger laughed, shaking his head.

"I would love to, but I told Jimin that I'd watch his dance practice. He wants to know if it's any good for competition." Namjoon blinked in confusion.

"Dance?" He had no clue that Jimin danced. The younger never mentioned it and his parents sure never said a word. Taehyung nodded eagerly.

"Yeah! Jimin is a natural. I have never seen anything like it. Do you wanna watch?" Namjoon nodded slowly, following behind the excited boy.

-

Namjoon stood by the doors of the second gym, he didnt want to Jimin to see him and get angry or distracted. He knew the younger would flip the instant he saw. However, it seemed Jimin was way too interested in the music to notice anyone else.

He moved so swiftly, barely making any noise as his feet hit the ground. Namjoon had never seen anyone move like that before. "Wah." He spoke in a whisper. He honestly had no clue what he was feeling with Jimin's dance, he had never experience before, but he was liking every minute of it.

"Yah, wipe the drool. Hyung isn't looking and neither should you." Taehyung patted Namjoon on his back before pulling him to sit down the floor.

"What do you mean?" The younger sighed, pointing out to Jimin. His best friend was taking a break by doing tricks with Yuri. 

"Jimin had been with anyone for two years. He had a horrible breakup and he doesn't want to be with anyone. I wouldn't try jumping down that rabbit hole." Namjoon smirked, slipping his arm over Taehyung's shoulders.

"I guess you tried that once." The younger ran a hand through his hair. He stared at Jimin, a ghost of a smile finding its way to his face. He had asked Jimin out once, hoping the older would either agree to it or just make a joke about the whole situation. But neither of those things happened. Jimin cried and refused to talk to him for two whole days before the older told him what happened months before.

"I did, but Jimin wasn't down for that. And we moved on. I pick him up on his worst days and he keeps me in line on my best." He looked over at Namjoon with a smirk. "Besides, I don't even think Jimin knows you've had a crush on him since the end of freshman year. Actually I don't even think he remembers who you were back then. You've changed hyung. New hair, new contacts and a whole new style. You're nothing like the scrawny intellectual who helped pick lettuce out his hair on the first day of school." Namjoon nodded slightly.

Taehyung was right. Jimin didn't even recognize him on the first day they 'meet.' He didn't say anything cause the younger was already upset that he had a tutor as far as he could tell, but he wasn't worried about it. He might be able to change Jimin's views on him and learn all about him in the process.