Leave It Dead

Or Dragons

Jimin never removed his hand from Namjoon's as they walked back to the younger's house. Jimin told the older they could try this whole friends thing again, if Namjoon told him more about his life as long as he didn't mind. The older was completely fine with that.

"Well my mom, she was beautiful. I mean like model beautiful. And she loved us so much, but I guess giving love isn't the same as receiving it. My father said he loved her, but after I was born he didn't really show it. He rarely kissed her or hugged her. And right before I was old enough to start grade school she left. She left a note in a journal I had on my night stand and I used to have my brother read it to me every night until I was in the third grade. I still remember the words in it." Jimin looked over at the yall boy, squeezing his hand slightly.

"What it say?" Namjoon smirked, scoffing lightly. He squeezed Jimin's hand back before answering his question.

"Ridiculous right? That I'm writing to you when I should be speaking to you, when I should be tucking you in, when I should be fighting off the things that kept you at night. Depressing right? Maybe, but it'll be fine. You'll be fine. Youngshik will be fine. You're father, well. We won't talk about that. I love you, remember that. You'll remember that right? Of course you will, my Raven. Take care of the house, your father and brother will make a mess of it if not. Again Raven, I love you."

Jimin was left shocked. It was a long note and he was surprised Namjoon had remembered every word of it. "Raven?" He asked, still dumbfounded. Namjoon shrugged slightly.

"My mom was an environmentalist in her spare time. She took care of birds, mostly. And she always said I was like a raven, my dark eyes made me mysterious and the fact that they are one of the smartest birds out there. She used to call my brother a humming bird. Cause he could never sit still and loved really sweet things. It was a quirk of hers." The younger nodded slightly. He never got nicknames when he was younger. He didn't really get one until he was almost in middle school after Taehyung broke his ankle playing soccer and the first thing he screamed out from the field was a panic filled Min!

"I wish my mom was like that. Sweet and caring. I'm sorry that she just up and left, but she sounds nice." Namjoon chuckled. Yeah, he supposed she was nice. He never really got a chance to think about it. Namjoon just saw what she did as a mother, he thought all mom's were like that. But after meeting Jimin's, he knew that wasn't true.

"It's okay. We don't really talk about it much. My father got rid of all her pictures and all of her things. I barely managed to save a photo or two and maybe three journals of her studies. Sometimes I just wished she'd call or write us. She doesn't have to come back, I'm fine with never seeing her again. I know she would never come find us, but I just want know if she's still doing alright." Jimin hummed as a response. He honestly didn't know what he'd do if either one of his parents left. He might be fine with it but then again he didn't really know anything outside of their constant watch and pressure. He sighed, it was hurting his brain just imagining it. "But what about you? You don't really say anything about your family. Or am I overstepping some invisible boundary I don't know about." Jimin chuckled, shaking his head.

"No. I try not to talk about them. My mom she wants me to be like her so much. She says that I could be on of the best psychiatrists in the city if I tried hard enough. But she never asked what I wanted to do. Not once in my entire life. And my dad wants me to be a surgeon or some kind of doctor. But I hate blood and needles, so I get scared and start to panic. He also said I should be in a pharmaceutical company so I could give him medicine for a better price. Very illegal, but not too harmful. Again, I don't want to be that." Namjoon nodded along. They were nearing the younger's house, but he didn't want to say bye just yet.

"So what do you want to be? What do you study?" Jimin laughed again, tugging on Namjoon's hand.

"Hey, you're supposed to guess remember?" The older rolled his eyes, chuckling.

"I haven't guessed right once. Why do I have to keep going? Am I even close?" Jimin shook his head. He had never been close, always guessing outlandish majors that the younger would never touch. "Can I have a hint?" Jimin opened his mouth to answer but was cut off the by sound of sirens. The pair had rounded the corner to Jimin's street and Namjoon had never seen anyone run so fast in his life.

-

Namjoon stood in the door watching Jimin frantically ask police what was going on, but never get much of an answer. Jimin's mother was distraught, tears running down her face, mouth covered by her hand. Jiseong patted his wife reassuringly on the back, listening to the poilce. Jimin ran up to them, mouth flying with question after question. Namjoon was too far away to catch it all, but from the way Jimin fumed and began turning shades of red he knew it wasn't good.

"Why didn't I know this? Why did you never tell me I had a brother? Mom, you can't be serious? How could hide this from me?" She snapped her head up at the younger, eyes narrowing in anger. She quickly sent her hand across his face, stunning him and her

"You weren't even supposed to be here!" Her voice rose, stopping all other commotion in the house. Jimin shook his head slightly, trying to keep up with everything that was happening.

"Whay do you mean?" Jimin brought a hand to his cheek, trying to push back tears. How could his mother even say something like that?

"If I wasn't so worried about you, Jihyun would've never been taken. Oh my sweet boy. We should've just left you dead." Jiseong shook his head quickly, rejoining in on the mess.

"Honey, you don't mean that. I know you're upset-"

"Upset?" She snapped, turning on the older. Upset would be an understatement. "My son was taken 16 years ago and they just found his body in some river and you think I'm just upset?" She was beyond that, way beyond that.

"16 years? You kept this from me for 16 years?!" Jiseong turned to his son. He would always think of Jimin as his son, not someone that came into their lives by a horrible accident. It had never been that way for him ever.

"Jimin-" the younger shook his head. He backed up slightly from the pair. He was going crazy. How could he had never known about a brother, what was his mother talking about, why shouldn't he have been here, and why would they have left him dead.

"No, why didn't you say anything? Why didn't you tell me?!" Jimin all but shouted. His mother didn't even look at him, almost as if she couldn't. His father was no better. He shook his head and turned away, trying to console his mother. Tears welled up in his eyes as he ran from the kitchen, trying to put as much distance from his parents as he could.