Only Fools Fall

Or Dragons

Weeks passed since the hospital incident and Jimin still hadn't talked to Namjoon about his feelings. He couldn't do it. The blue haired boy had no clue and the younger was perfectly fine with not telling him.

Nothing changed in their routine, they saw each other at lunch where Taehyung tried to crack a joke about his love life and Namjoon rushes to meet his hyung, they had their tutor sessions before practice, and at the end of the day the older walked him home, making sure he was inside safely. He was still perfectly fine with not telling him.

At least that's what he told himself.

-

"Score Jimin-ssi?" Coach Lee Hyung asked, turning to look at him. He shrugged, looking down the court. The game had barely begun, but they weren't doing so hot. Two of their best members had been flagged and penalized.

"We're gonna lose. You don't want my score. And if you somehow make it, it's still gonna be bad." The older sighed, looking over at his team, they all looked tired and ready to give up.

"Any advice?" Jimin pouted in thought. He honestly had no idea. At this point they were just shooting for distance and it wasn't working.

"Play Sehun and Namjoon, they're taller and they can pull the free throws. Give Taehyung a break. He looks like he's about to collapse." He hated asking to pull his friend off the court, but his health was more important. He needed a break and some water.

"Hm, good call." He blew his whistle, signaling for a time out and calling over all the members of the team. Jimin sighed, watching the team take to their new positions. He kept a close watch on Namjoon, not because of his crush (though that was part of it), but because he was in the front and the opposing team's defense was getting rowdy. Taehyung took a seat next to him, pout plastered his face.

"You told coach to take me off, didn't you?" He nodded slightly, eyes never leaving the court. Taehyung groaned, taking a sip from his bottle of water. He hated being benched more than anything. "Why? I was doing fine." Jimin chuckled, eyes meeting his friends for a second before he focused on Namjoon once again.

"Sure and I'm G-Dragon sunbaenim. Tae, you looked like you were going to pass out. If you can care for my well being then I can care for your's." The red head sighed. He guessed that was true. He did feel slightly better sitting down, but he would much rather be on the court. 

"Have you told hyung? Y'know about-" Jimin interrupted him.

"No. But I'm working on it. I just need to get some courage. Don't worry Tae. What about you? How's your love life?" Taehyung scoffed. His life was not on the table for discussion. He honestly didn't want to talk about it anyway. That blonde was a douchebag and he only asked for a quick puff of his cigarette. A simple no would've been cool.

"Oh no. This isn't about me. You're the one with the problems." Jimin laughed softly, shaking his head. He knew he had problems. He was sure half of his major knew he had problems, but that didn't matter. He was perfectly fine with it.

"Whatever Tae. Drink your water."

-

Jimin had never focused so hard on any player in his life than he had than with the point guard on the other team. He was getting to close for comfort even on a basketball team. He should've been fouled several times over the course of the game, but every time he spoke about it the ref sided with their team and it was dismissed. "This is bull. Why was Sehun fouled for that?" Luhan had come around after halftime, sitting down beside Jimin. No one really cared that he was there, he was Jimin's friend and that gave him perks. The brunette sighed, eyes searching for other fouls.

"I think they paid off the referee. He's not our usual one, so they got an edge that way. It doesn't matter our team might not win, but at least we'll have integrity." He looked down the bench at the team. They were all tired, covered in sweat, and wishing for the game to just end. He shook his head, looking back to the court.

"I just can't believe we're gonna lose our lead with this. You had a score right?" Jimin shook his head again. Not for this game. He could see them losing horribly from the start and it wasn't worth telling a score. He opened his mouth to tell Luhan what he thought when a large crack echoed through the room and a loud scream followed. Jimin barely even registered who had made the noise before he was running across the court.

Namjoon was groaning out in pain, his ankle twisted at a weird angle, it was definitely broken. The man who had stepped on the boys bone wad standing over him, smirk on his face. Jimin had checked over Namjoon quickly before turning on the other. "Are you ing stupid? Do you have any idea what you just did?" The brunette chuckled, looking down at Jimin.

"I was trying to focus on the play. His foot just happened to be there. Maybe if he wasnt trying to get a pretty boys attention he wouldn't have been hurt." Jimin was ready to going himself at the boy. He wasn't a fighter, but he might just turn into one for Namjoon.

"Minnie?" The blue haired boy's voice called back Jimin's attention and he sat down next to the older.

"Yes, Joonie. I'm here." He pushed a hand through Namjoon's hair while the officials tried to figure out how broken the older's ankle was. He couldn't believe someone would even try to harm Namjoon.

"Did you see what happened? Did you see my three pointer?" The brunette rolled his eyes, nodding.

"Of course I did you idiot." Namjoon smiled brightly. Even though he was in pain, he was okay with Jimin by his side.