Even So

Or Dragons

Jimin groaned, looking over all the papers that Namjoon had brought. "I should've just took Japanese like Tae. I hear it's better than English." Namjoon snorted, leaning back in his chair.

"That doesn't mean it's any easier." The younger frowned. He was getting so tired of all of this. He had a 'C', shouldn't this tutoring be over. He just needed someone to get him out of the failing range. He was fine now.

"Let me guess, you know Japanese?" Namjoon nodded slightly. He had been taking Japanese since he was a junior in high school, of course it wasn't as good as his English. Jimin groaned, laying his head down on the table.

"Isn't there anything you can't do?" The older sighed, looking at the top of Jimin's head. The younger was only growing agitated at this, Namjoon could tell. Everytime they talked, Jimin only seemed to get angrier. Though, he could see that the younger was really trying to be his friend.

"Dance." He answered truthfully. Namjoon wanted to play to Jimin's heart anyway he could. And dancing seemed to be the only way. The brunette's head snapped from the table, eyes wide.

"You don't know how to dance?" Namjoon shook his head. He had tried once before but nothing good came out of it. "Come on, everyone knows how to dance." The older shook his head again. He seriously had no clue how to dance. Jimin smirked, standing up and slapping his hands against the table. "Then I'm cutting this session short and we're going to dance. Grab your things hyung, there is no time to waste."

-

"Are you sure Taemin won't mind us stealing the stereo?" Namjoon asked, looking over at Jimin. He wasn't a hundred percent about taking the dance captain's main source of musical equipment, especially after the look he had recieved.

"Don't worry about it. Hyung has plenty of other speakers to work with. I didn't buy him a Bluetooth for nothing." The younger quickly turned around after setting everything up in the other gym (away from his usual practice spot). "Ready?" Namjoon shook his head, but he guessed he didn't have any other choice.

"Just don't make fun of me, okay?" Jimin snorted.

"Wouldn't dream of it hyung."

-

Okay, so Namjoon was right. He seriously didn't know how to dance.

Well, it wasn't like he couldn't dance. He did have a good sense of rhythm and he could hold a beat, but his limbs were too long. They were getting in his way and he kept tripping over his feet.

"How'd I do?" Jimin scrunched up his nose, trying to think of the nicest way to let the older down. He didn't want to hurt his feeling too bad.

"You looked like a Ctenophore and an Asteroidea had a baby, which would be physically impossible." Namjoon's eyebrows raised in confusion, but he didn't say anything. He had no idea what Jimin had said, but he knew it wasn't a compliment.

"That bad?" The brunette shrugged, turning to the stereo to set another track.

"At least I didn't laugh." He replied, moving in front of Namjoon. "Here, I'll show you something. It's the easiest dance I know. Sit." The older quickly sat down, looking up at Jimin. The younger smirked, starting the music. It might've been the easiest dance he knew, but it was in no way easy to learn. It was duet, one he choreographed with Yuri. He would get Namjoon involved, if only to feel him close and see his wide smile and dimples so deep that he could drown in them.

Maybe he liked Namjoon just a little bit more than he thought.

He shook his head, clearing his thoughts. No, he couldn't get his feelings mixed in with dancing. It would only make him feel worse. He moved with the music slowly at first, watching Namjoon's reaction. This dance, Yuri said it was her favorite (Because of all the hip shaking), was supposed to be in their showcase, but was was too 'y' as Taemin put it. Jimin almost had to agree. His body swayed to the music, each movement sharp and quick as the tempo picked up. He turned around Namjoon, hips swaying back in forth. The older's mouth opened in awe. Jimin laughed, swaying in front of Namjoon. He stuck his hand out during a slower part of the song, knowing full well that a the rest of the song was fast and very upbeat. A perfect time to get Namjoon to dance with him.

"Are you-" Namjoon's voice cut off as Jimin pulled him from the ground.

"Just dance with your soul not your feet." The younger started up his dance once more as the tempo rose again. Namjoon snorted, looking over Jimin as his arms moved with the beat of the song.

"How would I do that? Aren't my feet the important part?" Jimin rolled his eyes, pushing his hands into Namjoon's own and pulled him close.

"You know what I meant, just move and don't think to much about it." Namjoon nodded slightly. He had no idea what Jimin was talking about, but he would try to follow the younger's lead.

"Okay let's get it."

-

Namjoon moved slowly at first, trying to keep himself from falling over, but Jimin only pushed against him making him move faster. He laughed, as Jimin wrapped his arms around him. The music stopped then, their breathes mixing together as they stood as close as they could get and Namjoon couldn't help but stare into Jimin's eyes. They were the prettiest shade of brown he had ever seen and now he could see that they had flecks of gold within them. The younger smiled slightly up at him, flashing the crooked tooth he loved so much. 

And before he knew it he was making the worst descison of his life.

Namjoon pressed his lips against Jimin's. The brunette tensed not moving an inch as he let the older press their bodies closer to each other. He couldn't breathe and not from Namjoon having his lips attached to his own, but because he might've started to panic. Jimin hadn't been kissed for over two years and wasn't exactly sure what it felt like to kiss a guy. Sure he had an accidental kiss with Taehyung, but it didn't feel anything like this one.

He pushed Namjoon away before moving a good distance away. He tried to regain regular breaths. ", I'm sorry I just-" Jimin held up his hand, stopping Namjoon's voice. He shook his head slightly. He still wasn't completely accepting his feelings for the older and he wasn't even sure he truly liked them being friends and now they had just shared their first kiss.

"You can't just go around kissing people like that, you idiot." Namjoon snorted, running a hand through his hair.

"Jesus, you scared me. I thought you were going to hit me." Jimin frowned, raising a fist in the air.

"I should. You, ugh." He ran a hand over his face, feeling his cheeks hitting up. "I have practice. Just go home." Namjoon sighed, crossing his arms over his chest.

"This that any way to treat your hyung." Jimin rolled his eyes, moving closer to Namjoon. 

"For you almost giving me a heart attack, you still talk big. Bye Hyungie." The younger said sweetly, before rolling his eyes and practically sprinting from the room. Namjoon shook his head with a sigh. Why did he have to do that?