End This Mess

Or Dragons

"Why didn't you tell me Namjoon was on the team?" Jimin paced in front of Taehyung. The Hawks had won, not surprisingly with a score of 62 to 57. The party his mom was throwing for the team was blocked out by the thickness of Jimin's bedroom door.

"I thought you knew. Our practices always fall right after your tutor sessions." Jimin sighed, running a hand through his hair. He should've known. Namjoon was always rushing out, saying something about a practice. He even said that he had a game coming up. Jimin was just too absorbed in himself and the tutor curse that he didn't even see the signs right in front of him. Great, now he was going to have to see Namjoon twice as much. It was never ending. "Min, it's really not that bad. Hyung is a really nice guy." The older shook his head.

"No, Tae he is not. He is out there to ruin my life." Taehyung scoffed, crossing his legs and sinking farther into Jimin's beanbag chair. He watched Jimin pace with sad eyes. "His English is too perfect. He knows almost every psychologic theory and method in the books. He might even have a large IQ. I'm guessing 148 at the highest. Tae, I can't stand him." Taehyung shook his head, standing up. He put his hand on Jimin's shoulder, stopping the boy in his tracks.

"You've only known him for two days, Min. Why don't you just give him a chance? He really is a good person." Jimin took a deep breath before turning to look at his friend.

"I rather get stung by a Cyanea Capillata." He said shortly, leaving behind a very confused Taehyung.

"Cyanea Capillata?"

-

Jimin sat at the island, bottle of beer in hand. Someone had handed it to him but he wasn't going to drink it. He wasn't a big fan of alcohol. "Your predictions always come through Jimin. Thanks to you we pulled through." Coach Lee Hyun patted him on the back before sitting down next to him. He snorted, looking over at the older.

"I think the team pulled it's own weight. I was just guessing." Lee Hyun nodded, taking the beer from Jimin. Finally, he was hoping to get rid of it without wasting it. His mother would have his hide if he unceremoniously dumped it down the kitchen sink.

"I guess you're right, but I still like to think you're a good luck charm. We've never lost a game since you started showing up. Taehyung sure seems to think you're something." Jimin chuckled, turning in his seat hoping to get a glance at his best friend. He sighed, spotting the younger sprawled out on the floor, cup of alcohol in hand, kissing Pepper as vigorously as he can. He was surprised she hasn't bitten him yet.

"And he is too." Lee Hyun laughed loudly at that. He knew as well as Jimin that Taehyung was quite the character, but he set the mood of team and he would never trade that boy for anything.

"Hey coach, can I steal Jimin away for a second?" Jimin rolled his eyes at the voice. He was never going to escape was he?

"Oh sure, Namjoon. I'll see you around Jimin-ssi." He waved the coach off, slumping down in his seat. He didn't want to be here anymore. He had never felt the need to leave his own house, but with Namjoon in his small bubble of space he was wishing for so many things.

"Can we talk? It's kinda important." Jimin sighed, sliding from the chair he was sitting on. He didn't say a thing to Namjoon and hoped the older would follow him. He was going to refrain from opening his mouth to Namjoon. The less he spoke the better.

-

"Wah! This is so cool." Jimin rolled his eyes. Namjoon was over excited about an old tree house that was nothing more than a few wooden boards and battery operated twinkling lights. His father had built it for him way before he knew how to climb trees, but he was glad it was still standing. It was the only place he had solace other than dancing.

He pulled his knees up to his chest and ran a hand across the boards. He knew one day this place would no longer be standing and he wouldn't have anywhere to go when his parents got to be too much. He would have to enjoy it while it lasted. "Anyway, I just wanted to apologize. I don't really know what I did, but I can see whatever it was bothers you. So I-" Jimin scoffed, stopping Namjoon's sentence. He was apologizing without even knowing, who did he think he was.

"How can you apologize without knowing what the reason is? Doesn't that just make the apology pointless?" Namjoon sighed, leaning against the tree. 

"Then why don't you tell me what's wrong. Why do you hate me when you don't even know me." Jimin blinked at Namjoon's assumption. He didn't hate him, that was a bit of a reach.

"Hates a strong word." Namjoon snorted, throwing his head back against the bark. He looked over Jimin with one eye, waiting for the boy to explain himself. "Look, I don't hate you. I just don't like you."

"And why not. Like I said you don't know me." Jimin sighed, scooting back to hit a wall and to face Namjoon. He didn't want to admit this out loud, but Namjoon hadn't given him much room for escape, just like his mother.

"You're like perfect, okay." Namjoon stared at Jimin for a few seconds before breaking out into laughter. Perfect? Him? There was no way in hell.

"What do you mean by that?" Jimin ran a hand through his hair. He had to explain himself now and this was exactly what he was hoping to avoid. He might as well find the nearest ocean and pray that he'd step on a Synanceia.

"You're just really smart. High IQ, I'm guessing. You play basketball so well, I'm sure you put Dowoon in his place. You know English like the back of your hand. And you are handsome too, like you could be a model." At first Namjoon didn't look all that impressive, but his visuals had grown on him. Escpically now in the low light of the twinkling lights. His skin was practically glowing. Namjoon snorted, shaking his head.

"But I'm not perfect. I still fumble through life. Quite literally in fact. I have two left feet and I break a lot of things, always on accident of course. I stutter when I get nervous and I have a father who wants me to be an English major just because I learned the language on my own. Mind you I watched a television show to do it. If anything, you're better off than me." Now it was Jimin's turn to laugh at his ridiculous he sounded.

"Me? Better off than You? Please. My mother is a Psychiatrist who wants me to work in the same department as her just so she can run me through more tests. My father is a doctor that wants me to go in pharmaceuticals. I have an eating disorder with no therapy to help. And a career that no one wants to help me pursue because I'm supposed to be some type of doctor." He couldn't believe he just told Namjoon all of that. Although he left out the part that his mother hates the fact that he had a tutor or the fact that it was Namjoon's fault that he was in such a slump over making his parents proud. He didn't need to say it though. Namjoon knew now that he was having a real hard time.

"Man, were both a mess. Look, why don't we try this over again?" Jimin narrowed his eyes at the older. What was he trying to get at? "I mean, we can stop this silly mess, if you will. I don't have to be just a tutor Jimin. I can be your friend too." Jimin was ready to deny the offer when Taehyung's words repeated themselves. 'Hyung is a nice guy. Why don't you just give him a chance?' He sighed. The things he would do for his best friend.

"Sure. Let's give it a shot."