Six

F Minus

It’s been a week since Shin Hye had started school and she has already been ostracized by her classmates and the rumours about her supposedly weird behavior. She didn’t care. It was her last year. All she wanted to do was to graduate.

She grabbed the tray and chopsticks and went on line to get her lunch. She was peacefully getting her food on the tray until somebody pushed her really hard that her food fell to the ground.

“Yah, hurry up. You’re holding up the line.” Hyorin obnoxiously grinned. The lunch ladies didn’t dare to say anything because Hyorin’s father is the one that sponsors the school. Shin Hye looked at the food on the ground. Shin Hye was trying to contain her anger. She only had enough money for that lunch.

“Shin Hye, pick up the mess you made. Oh my gosh.” Hyorin smirked. Some kids on the line laughed, others took out their phones and others stayed quiet.

Shin Hye immediately turned around and grabbed Hyorin’s hair and pulled it down to her level since Hyorin was a bit taller than Shin Hye. “Oww!” Hyorin shouted. Everyone around was shocked and some began to say, “it is true! She is mean!”

“How about no.” Shin Hye growled into Hyorin’s ear and slightly pushed her back letting go of her hair. Shin Hye stepped over the food that was on the ground. She looks up and around...everybody was looking. Everybody had their phones out. She made eye contact with Yerin and Yerin suddenly hid herself with her backpack. Hyorin became furious.

Hyorin made the freshman behind her grab some food from the floor that Shin Hye had dropped. He was aiming at Shin Hye. Abruptly, Yerin shouted, “Watch out, Shin Hye!” Simultaneously, as the freshman threw the handful of kimchi, Shin Hye moved away as fast as she could and it landed on a jock/pretty boy. He couldn’t believe it so grabbed some of the sticky rice and threw it in the direction of the freshman. But it fell on a girl, thus a food fight had begun in the cafeteria. Dasom spilled some water on Yerin because she had warned Shin Hye. Some kids joined for fun and others for revenge against each other. Everything became chaotic.

Yong Hwa was passing by the cafeteria entrance and stopped as soon as he saw the chaos that there was. His eyes widened as he saw everyone screaming at each other and the vegetables that were flying across the room. He watched as Sunny spilled water all over the floor and Dasom secretly pushed Shin Hye that was standing there trying to avoid the getting in the food fight and being hit by food. Shin Hye slipped as she was pushed and Hyorin came behind her with a stack of trays. She rose the stack of trays.

Oh crap.. Yong Hwa realized that Hyorin was about to hit Shin Hye with the stack of trays in the midst of the food fight. Yong Hwa was about to sprint into the scene but somebody held him back. He felt an unexpected touch. He looked back.

“Don’t worry Yong Hwa, I got this.” Irene said confidently, not knowing what was going to happen. She wanted to impress Yong Hwa.

“Wait..” It happened so quick before his eyes. Hyorin smacked Shin Hye’s back with the stack of trays. Shin Hye’s tear started to roll down her cheek because it was so painful. People around began to laugh. Irene stood before the cafeteria with a microphone.

“Enough!” her voice resonated throughout the cafeteria. Everybody stopped knowing that they will be in big trouble.

With all her might, Shin Hye tried her best to exit the back door that the cafeteria has. Nobody was noticing because Hyorin and her crew were trying to make themselves look pitiful, the others were horrified of what was going to happen and all the girls were focused on Yong Hwa. Yong Hwa was the only one paying attention to Shin Hye. He was keeping an eye on her. As soon as he saw her successfully open the door and leave, he had an idea of where she was going to go. He immediately ran out of the entrance of the cafeteria causing the girls to moan and Irene to look back finding Yong Hwa not there. She felt disappointed.

Yong Hwa ran around the school trying to find Shin Hye. It worried him. Where could she possibly be?! She must feel so much pain..

She wasn’t at the nurse. Nor the classroom. Maybe the roof?

He remembered that's where him and Irene would go when they would fail a test and just cry in high school. So Yong Hwa figured.

 

He was out of breath as he was on the roof of the school. Did she really walk up all those steps?

After walking in circles, he finally found Shin Hye sitting on the floor and looking through her backpack nearby the exit door of the roof. She looked like she was in pain and her face told a story of sadness.

It seemed to him that she was struggling in looking for something in her backpack.

“Let me help you with that.” Yong Hwa told her in a calm voice as he squatted beside her. Shin Hye became a bit frightened. She wasn’t expecting anyone. Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa with some anger in her eyes.

“No. Thank you. I can do it myself.” Shin Hye moved a bit away from him. Yong Hwa came closer to her.

“Shin Hye. You should ask for help when you need it, especially now.” Yong Hwa let out a small smile. His eyes shimmered. Shin Hye froze. Those words. They sounded familiar. Yong Hwa took the backpack out of her hands and looked through her backpack.

“Was this what you wanted?” Yong Hwa held the medium sized hot pack in his hand.

Shin Hye shook her head.

“Okay. Let me take care of this.” Yong Hwa slowly slid the hot pack between Shin Hye and the wall.

Shin Hye let out a sigh. It felt nice. It relieved the pain..for now. Yong Hwa looked at her. She’s interesting..

Shin Hye didn’t know how to feel. He’s probably doing this because he knows he did something wrong..hmph

The wind from the rooftop brushed through them. There was silence between them. Yong Hwa didn’t know what to say. Shin Hye was in so much pain she didn’t want to speak.

“You know you can’t stay here forever, we need to go to the nurse.” Yong Hwa finally spoke up.

“You’re right.” Her voice was emotionless and a bit tired. Shin Hye started to stand up on her own even though the pain was like drummer drumming throughout her whole body.

Yong Hwa looked at her in disbelief. “What are you doing? Let me help you.” Yong Hwa began to help her stand up.


 

Shin Hye was laying in the bed at the nurse. Yong Hwa stayed in the nurse to wait for somebody to pick up Shin Hye because obviously can’t continue school for the day.

Meanwhile, Irene and the board were examining the videos that were taken during lunch time.

“I can’t believe that happened. I am furious. Wasting food like that!” Mr. Lee exclaimed.

“These kids are animals!” Mrs. Kim pounded the table.

“Well, what can we do. Hyorin was the main reason of it all.” Irene sighed. “Also, that girl Park Shin something, she provoked Hyorin! If she didn’t pull her hair, then this wouldn’t have happened.” Irene crossed her arms.

“Everyone must be punished. But not severely, because of Hyorin’s father will be really disappointed.” Mr. Lee sighed.

“We will have everyone to clean the gym, bathrooms and cafeteria. There.” Mrs Kim stated.

“Fair enough.” Irene sighed.

 

At the Nurse

“Hello, I’m here to pick up Shin Hye.” Junmyeon entered the nurse’s office.

“Go ahead.” The nurse said. Junmyeon walked more into the office where Shin Hye was. Shin Hye had taken pain relievers and was ready to leave.

“Where’s my mom?” Shin Hye curtly asked.

“She couldn’t come.”

“Why did you come? You shouldn’t have came.” Shin Hye was cold. Junmyeon didn’t mind. He lowkey liked it.

Yong Hwa looked at Junmyeon with suspicion. “Hello, I’m Shin Hye’s math teacher.” Is that her brother?

“Oh, I didn’t notice you. Hello.” Junmyeon bowed and gave a good look at Yong Hwa. He’s really handsome..I don’t like him. Something about Yong Hwa Junmyeon did not like.

“He’s my manager, coworker.” Shin Hye let Yong Hwa know just to add context to the situation. Yong Hwa was semi relieved. “I’m not going with you.” Shin Hye felt that he was going to get in trouble with his dad.

“Cmon Shin Hye.” Junmyeon put his hands on his waist.

“Goodbye.” Shin Hye bowed to Yong Hwa and left with Junmyeon.


 

Shin Hye rejected Junmyeon’s offer to food. He was trying his best to keep her out of the apartment just as the mom had asked.

“Please don’t open the door!Let’s go somewhere fun, Shin Hye!” Junmyeon blocked the door.

“Get outta my way. I’m in pain.” She pushed Junmyeon out of the way and he fell to the ground. “Dang girl”, he muttered.

Shin Hye opened the door to the apartment. Everything was dark and smelly. She the lights. Everything was dirty. I swear I left it clean this morning!!

Shin Hye walked towards the table and there was mail left opened.

“WHAT!” Her mom was in debt. Not only do they have to pay off her dead father’s debt but now there’s another debt. I swear what did she spend her money on!???

Shin Hye immediately went to the small closet, and there it was. Shopping bags. Lots of shopping bags. She looks inside of the bags. Men’s clothes?

Shin Hye closed the closet door as hard as she could.

“Uh Shin Hye calm down..” Junmyeon was actually scared.

Shin Hye went to her room, well basically to her and her mom’s room. They shared one bed. She opened the door.

Men’s clothes on the floor. Her mom’s clothes on the floor. Her mom’s underwear on the floor and a boxer at Shin Hye’s feet. Shin Hye couldn’t believe it. Junmyeon couldn’t believe it either. Junmyeon didn’t know it was that bad.

Her mother was in another man’s embrace... (obviously under the sheets).

Shin Hye’s eye twitched.

“Mom. What are you doing?!!” Shin Hye screamed.

“Shin Hye please leave. Please leave.” Her mother begged under the covers, unable to face her daughter. Junmyeon felt so awkward.

Shin Hye’s tears down poured on her face. She stayed silent and grabbed the hoodie that was on a small table in the room.

She ran out of that apartment building so fast, with tears that fell and formed puddles.


A/N: A quick short update! Yay!As a way to say sorry for not updating for almost a month omgsh.So one update yesterday and now today!! Hoped you enjoyed this chapter heeheh