Four

F Minus

“Shin Hye, it's your first day. Don’t be nervous. I found a good job so you can study and get into a good college. Positive!” Shin Hye’s mom hugged her. Shin Hye hugged her back. She loved her mom so much, she doesn’t want to disappoint her. Shin Hye was able to buy herself a new uniform,shoes, and backpack for the first time. Shin Hye felt confident. She also saved enough money for books.

“Yes, I will! Don’t worry about me.” Shin Hye began to put on her shoes. “ Bye!” Shin Hye opened the door.

“Don’t get into any trouble!” Her mom exclaimed from their small living room.

“I know, I know.” Shin Hye closed the door.

 

“Shin Hye!” Junmyeon shouted and waved from afar. Shin Hye turned around in disbelief. “What are you doing Junmyeon?” she asked.

“I’m taking you to school! Get in the car.” He smiled.

“Uh, I have two legs. I can walk. Bye.” Shin Hye continued to walk. Junmyeon closed the car’s door and went after her. He grabbed her wrist.

“C’mon. Let me at least give you one ride to school. Or I’ll fire you.” He let of her wrist.

“Errrr.Fine.” Shin Hye walked back with Junmyeon to his car and took her to school.

 

“Thank you.” Shin Hye bowed and walked towards the big entrance of the high school. Lots and lots of students filled the campus. Friends seemed happy to see each other again. The boys were laughing and the girls were hugging each other. Okay, everything seems fine. If I just don’t get into anybody’s business. I’ll graduate quietly…

She kept walking until she heard a bunch of girls screaming. “What’s going on..?” She looked around and the girls pushed her while they surrounded the entrance.

“He’s so hot! Ah!!” the girls would shout as the man stepped foot in the high school campus “It’s the new teacher!! Wahh, Hope we are lucky enough to have him as a teacher!”

Shin Hye hearing those comments stepped aside and tried to get a better view of the new teacher. He was tall, slim, nice hair and had very manly features. He took one step forward and the girls squealed.

“This is so stupid. I don’t have time for this.” Shin Hye sighed and looked at her phone while she walked inside the school. She hit herself against something. “Move.” Shin Hye’s said with a harshness in her voice. She looked up. It was the new teacher. Oh crap..

Suddenly, the teacher took off his sunglasses and stared at her for a good thirty seconds. Shin Hye gulped.

“Sorry.” She replied with no emotion, bowed her head and kept on walking forward.

“That girl has some nerve..” some girls were whispering as they were behind the new teacher. The new teacher raised his eyebrow and watched her from behind as she walked away.

“Mr. Jung Yong Hwa?” The principal was at the entrance of the school waiting for him.

The girls were in awe of how cool his name sounds.

“Yes. I am.” He sounded really cool and confident.

“Come in this way.” The principal walked inside and Yong Hwa followed.

“This the teacher’s room, there are the bathrooms… here is my office and that’s the disciplinary office.” The principal showed Yong Hwa around the school and gave him the list of classes he will be teaching this year.

 

Shin Hye tried not to think about what happened earlier. It was slightly embarrassing. She never likes to disrespect older people. There was a still good 20 minutes before homeroom started so she decided to go to the bathroom. She opened the door and went inside. Shin Hye saw a few girls surrounding one girl in a corner.

“Don’t you dare get close to him or talk to him. He is my man. Got it?” the girl was threatening the small frame girl. The girl buttoned the small frame girl’s uniform jacket, gently touched her face and suddenly grabbed her hair.

Shin Hye became light headed. Memories. Memories. Blurry memories popped up. She became in distressed and placed her hand over her forehead.

The girl pulled the small frame girl’s hair. “Ah!!”

Shin Hye shook her head. She couldn’t just stand there.

“What’s the problem?!” Her voice was very authoritative and strict which made the all the other girls freeze. The main girl slowly turned around and was relieved that it was just a student. “Mind your own business.”

Shin Hye started to walk towards the main girl. “Too bad. It’s now my business.” Her eyes became like a hawke. “What makes you think you can treat someone like that, huh?” Shin Hye was in front of the main girl.

“And who are you?” The main girl looked at her with disgust and pushed Shin Hye.

“Does it really matter? So stupid. Let the girl go. She has nothing to do with your poor self esteem and ugly personality.” Shin Hye wasn’t scared. She was older than all of them. She walked toward the main girl again.

“What? Get out of here before you’re my next target.” The main girl twirled her hair.

“Try me.” Shin Hye smirked.

The main girl spit one Shin Hye’s shoes and pushed her to the ground. Shin Hye was going to let her go easy but the girl crossed the line. The other two girls with her surrounded Shin Hye and began to kick her with all their might. Shin Hye calculated her movements. She suddenly grabbed the main girl’s foot and slightly twisted it. This made the girl scream in agony. Shin Hye started to kick the other two girls as she twisted the main girl’s foot. The victim hid inside the bathroom stall, scared.

“Let go!!” The main girl shouted. Shin Hye twisted her foot a bit more.

“WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?” the principal entered the bathroom with Yong Hwa. Shin Hye was on the floor grabbing the main girl’s leg. The other two girls stood there frozen. While the other girl stayed in the bathroom stall. Yong Hwa’s eyes widened looking at this scene. He looked at Shin Hye. Oh the rude girl ha..

 

Everyone sat in the disciplinary office, not facing one another. Yong Hwa sat there to make sure nothing happened between the girls and he wanted to see what would happen. Shin Hye faced the wall with an emotionless expression without moving. The other three girls were on their phone, relaxed.

“Now explain to me what happened.” The head of the disciplinary office walked in.

“Irene?” Yong Hwa stood up from his chair.

“Oh Mr. Jung Yong Hwa, nice to see you. I heard you are going to work here. I’m glad. We need to catch up!” She smiled pleasantly at Yong Hwa. His heart started to beat after so long of not seeing her. Even in graduation, they had avoided each other. He knew deep down inside he still couldn’t forget her. He wondered how she got the job as well. Yong Hwa nodded his head to her suggestion and sat on his chair again.

Irene sat down. “Tell me your names, please.”

The main girl said, “Hyorin.” The girl to the right of Hyorin was Sunny and to the left was Dasom.

“Your name?” Irene pointed to Shin Hye.

“Park Shin Hye.” she sternly responded. Yong Hwa looked at Shin Hye. That's a pretty name...he thought. Irene noticed how Yong Hwa was looking at Shin Hye in a curious way. She suddenly looked through their school records.

“It’s a shame you are here Shin Hye on your first day of school.” Irene told her with an attitude.

“Yes, ma’am.” No expression at all from Shin Hye.

“So Hyorin, she grabbed your foot?” Irene looked at Hyorin.

“Yeah! I don’t know she was just on the floor and we were trying to help her up. And she twisted my foot.” Hyorin lied.

“It was weird! We didn’t know what happened and we were just trying to be nice!” exclaimed Sunny. Dasom nodded her head.

“That’s funny. From what I remembered you guys were threatening a girl and you pulled her hair.” Shin Hye pointed at Hyorin and continued, “ You pushed me to the ground and started kicking me. I was just trying to defend myself.”

“Shin Hye, where is that girl that Hyorin was threatening?” Irene asked in disbelief.

“She hid in the bathroom stall. She was too afraid to come out.” Shin Hye sounded confident which really annoyed Irene.

“Too afraid to come out. Unbelievable. Is that true?” She looked at Hyorin and the other girls.

“That's not true at all! She’s making up it all up. The principal would have seen the girl!” Hyorin pouted.

“Okay well. Since you are great students, Shin Hye is new and it's the first day of school we will let it go. Except, Shin Hye will have to apologize for twisting Hyorin’s foot.” Irene crossed her arms. She hoped to make a great impression on Yong Hwa. Shin Hye scoffed.

“What you don’t like it? Do you want suspension on the first day of school? Because that is what the principal witnessed.” Irene looked at Shin Hye with demeaning eyes. Shin Hye sighed and looked around the room. The girls knew how to act and had experience. She looked at Yong Hwa, the supposedly handsome teacher, and he looked the other way. Shin Hye smirked at the sight of that. She had no other choice but to apologize because she didn’t want to add more stress onto her mother.

“Fine. I’ll apologize. Sorry I twisted your foot.” Sarcasm was prevailing in the atmosphere. They couldn’t do anything else about her apology because she did it right away and kept an emotionless expression on her face.

“Dismissed.” Irene stood up from her chair. “Nice seeing you again Yong Hwa. I’ll see you around.”

Yong Hwa nodded his head and headed out the door. Hyorin, Dasom and Sunny were behind Yong Hwa.

“We hope to have you as our teacher!” Hyorin bowed her head and then left with her other two friends giggling. Yong Hwa ruffled his hair and stood in the hallway for a good minute.

“You saw the girl in the bathroom stall, didn’t you?”Shin Hye stood beside Yong Hwa and looked at him from the corner of her eye.

“Excuse me?” Yong Hwa was baffled with her frankness and he never had a girl treat him like that before.

He did truly see the girl in the bathroom stall. After the principal got the girls out of the bathroom, he heard something move. So he looked under the bathroom stalls and he saw a pair of shoes. The girl comes out of the bathroom stall and pleads him not to say anything. He didn’t know what happened and he wanted to respect people’s decisions. Yong Hwa didn’t really think about it, he just thought that the girl didn’t want to be part of the situation.

“People like you…” Shin Hye couldn’t finish her sentence as she abruptly became light headed again. “Never mind.” Shin Hye walked away to her homeroom class.

“Strange girl.” Yong Hwa saw Shin Hye walk away from the distance.

 

Shin Hye entered the classroom and everyone looked at her. Everybody started to whisper.

“Can’t believe she starting trouble in the first day of school.”

“She’s stupid.”

Right, right I totally forgot all about this. These kiddos.. Shin Hye sat down where there was an empty desk. She decided to ignore their comments because its her last year. She can get through. Somebody put a note on her desk. Shin Hye looked up and the girl returned to her seat.

She opened the note. “Thank you. Yerin.<3”

Don’t tell me that was the girl..ugh.. Shin Hye felt frustration but also pitied Yerin. Yerin looked back to see Shin Hye’s expression. Shin Hye noticed and smiled at Yerin. Yerin returned the smile.

Shin Hye felt uneasy and she knew exactly why. The three girls from earlier came inside the room.

“I can’t believe there’s a roach in this room.” Hyorin obnoxiously announced. Shin Hye smirked. She knew Hyorin was referring to the Yerin girl.

“You’re talking about yourself right? I wouldn’t be surprised.” Shin Hye commented. Awe crap, I had to open my mouth.

Everybody gasped in the room. Some laughed and some were afraid of Hyorin’s reaction. Hyorin looked at Shin Hye with disgust. Luckily, the homeroom teacher came and told Hyorin and her friends to sit down.

 

“Ah. Math time. Great.” Shin Hye mumbled to herself. Abruptly, somebody smacked her desk. She looked up.

“What do you want?”

“Yah. Stop talking to yourself. It's annoying.” Hyorin complained. Shin Hye rolled her eyes.

“Go away.” Shin Hye took out her math textbook and workbook.

“Somebody should teach you some manners.” Hyorin slides Shin Hye’s books off her desk. “Oops.”

“Pick it up. I’m not going to pick it up. Pick it up.” Shin Hye’s voice was authoritative.

“Uh. Why would I pick that up? I’m not your maid. Get real!” Hyorin crossed her arms. While the students were waiting for the math teacher to come, they were fooling around therefore they didn’t notice what was happening. Except for Yerin, Dasom and Sunny. Hyorin kicked Shin Hye’s books far from her reach.

“Pick it up.” Shin Hye was getting annoyed. Hyorin grabbed somebody’s water bottle and threatened to wet her books. “Are you serious?”

Hyorin smirked. “Yes, honey.” Hyorin spilled three drops of water onto Shin Hye’s books.

“I said to PICK IT UP!” Shin Hye shouted. Everybody stopped talking and looked. Shin Hye looked around and the teacher had come in at that very moment.

“Park. Shin. Hye.” Yong Hwa said in a serious tone.

Yup, this looks really bad. Great. Shin Hye gulped. “Yes?” she transmitted confidence and bravery.

“Mr. Jung!” the girls squealed and giggled because of how handsome he looked and sounded when he was serious. Hyorin quickly went back to her seat.

Yong Hwa didn’t feel like asking what had happened. “This is the first warning before I send you to the office. After the third, you’re out. That goes for all of you. Now let’s start the class. I am Mr. Jung your math teacher.” He started to write on the board.

Several comments such as, “wow he’s so handsome” “does shin hye have an anger problem?” “she really IS stupid” were going around at that moment. Shin Hye nodded her head and squatted on the floor to pick up her textbook and workbook.


 

Why is school so much tiring than work...what a day. But finally I get to go home.. Shin Hye walked through the empty hallways trying to familiarize herself with the school.

“Shin Hye, didn’t you have to tell me something. You never finished your sentence.”

Shin Hye turned around. “Mr. Jung?”

 

 

A/n: Hello! Do you like the poster? I love it so much! woozishua did it for me and she has really nice posters! so check her out! I hope you liked this chapter! much love! Please answer the thing on my poll! I'm just curious! Thank you!!