Three

F Minus

“Yong Hwa, I got the mail today. And guess what? Another love letter!”Baekhyun placed the opened love letters on Yong Hwa’s bed. Yong Hwa came out of the bathroom.

“What…” Yong Hwa walked towards his bed.

“Read the one with bunch of stickers, that one is funny. Ahhh. I thought this would never happen.” Baekhyun sat down on his bed.

“Yeah me neither. This is weird. All of the sudden… girls like me?” Yong Hwa picked up the letters. Baekhyun let out a chuckle.

“Of course they do, dude. You’re beautiful.” He winked at him.

“Stop.” Yong Hwa squinted his eyes.

“Bro, you haven’t even noticed because you were too focused on Irene. Time to explore! There’s more girls out there. Possibly even better than Irene.” Baekhyun laid down on his bed. “Loosen up more. Lots of cute girls out there. Aye. Maybe some high school girls after you graduate and work in a school.” Baekhyun laughed.

“Baekhyun. Dude. No. That’s so wrong.” Yong Hwa sat down on his bed to read the letters.

“You never know. What if there is this really cute girl when you teach? What are you going to do?” Baekhyun was only pushing his buttons.

“That’s never going to happen. I’m not a e.” YongHwa scoffed.

“Yeah buddy. I don’t want you going to jail. Ahh, anyway. Which girl are you going to date?” Baekhyun played with the snapchat filters.

“I don’t even know these girls.” YongHwa placed the letters down on the bed.

“Then a blind date! They all left their numbers on the letters..”

“Ha. I see you read them all.”

“Yeahh. Isn’t it weird that after Irene got a boyfriend all these girls are confessing to you…?” Baekhyun sat up.

“You’re right..”

“I think it’s the universe telling you that it's time to move on. And they’re giving you the means to move on. Making it easier on you bro.”

“You’re right.Time to enjoy myself. Let me read these letters.” Yong Hwa smiled to himself. Those letters were a self esteem boost. His confidence rose. Wherever he went, girls would fangirl over him and Baekhyun.

Each week Yong Hwa would meet a different girl and went out on a date with her. But he didn’t feel the need to get a girlfriend.

 

Once in a while, Irene would ask Baekhyun about Yong Hwa since they stopped talking once she got a boyfriend. She missed him.

“How’s YongHwa? He looks different now..” Irene kicked the tiny pebbles.

“Oh yeah, he is different now.He’s living the life.” Baekhyun smiled.

“What do you mean? By just dating girls around?!” Irene became frustrated. “I didn’t know he was like that.”

“Look, he’s just getting to know them. It doesn’t hurt right?” Baekhyun smirked. He enjoyed people’s reactions from his snarky comments.

“Uhm, it hurts the girls’ feelings! How can you be so dense? Why are you such a jerk? Why did he become such a jerk?!” Irene pouted.

“Maybe it hurts your feelings because you’re just so used to him giving you all the attention.” Baekhyun drank his water bottle.

“Yah!” Irene hit him so hard that he spat his water onto the floor.

“Excuse me?” Baekhyun was not happy at all but a bit satisfied.

“Stop saying stupid things. Gosh. I can’t even have a normal conversation with you.” Irene stomped her feet.

Such a brat… “Oh really? Alright then. See ya.” Baekhyun walked away smiling to himself.


 

“Such a stupid competition. They think it would be easy to get me because I’m still a ? I bet Irene told them.”Yong Hwa was on his bed.

“There’s nothing wrong in being a .” Baekhyun replied.

“I know that. But like why such competition? Let’s see who's the first girl to take away Yong Hwa’s ity. Makes me want to throw all these love letters into the garbage. I swear each girl I have been on a date with suggested the motel. Such a turn off.” Yong Hwa ruffled his hair.

“You should rip the love letters in front of them. Hehe. Do something about it. You’re too easy on them.” Baekhyun buttoned his shirt.

“I’m going to meet up with one more girl. Then that’s it. I’ve talked to her once. She’s pretty cute and seems genuine.”

“What’s her name?”

“Seohyun.”

“Oh! That girl! She’s cute. You think she won’t turn out like the others?”

“We will have to see..”

 

----

“Shin Hye? Are you free afterwards...since we are closing early today..” Junmyeon rolled up his sleeves.

“I’m never free.” Shin Hye responded curtly and continued cleaning.

“Why are you always avoiding me?” He crossed his arms.

“Because...my life is more complex than yours. Look. Junmyeon, I’m moving today into a smaller apartment. I have to help my mom.”

“Oh I-” Shin Hye cut off Junmyeon.

“No, I don’t need your help. Thank you very much.”

“Shin Hye, life would be easier if you received help from people.” Junmyeon looked at her with compassion.

“Uhh. Right. But then people think you owe them because they helped you. No thank you. Besides, this job has helped me enough!” Shin Hye smiled at him.

This was the first time that he has seen Shin Hye give him a full smile at him. Junmyeon was shook.

“Anyways, why are you still standing here? Don’t you have to call your dad?”

“Oh oh.. That’s right..Let me do that..” He awkwardly walked away.

 

“Ugh, where is Junmyeon when you need him?!” Shin Hye sighed. The soda company just left the boxes of soda cans in the front of the convenience store. The company would make the driver to bring in the box inside the store but Junmyeon told him not to because first he wanted Shin Hye to suffer but now he wanted to show Shin Hye that he is strong. Luckily, today was only one box. Shin Hye squatted.

“Okay you can do this.” She tried lifting the box. Barely, she could lift the box.

 

From afar, Yong Hwa was on his date with Seohyun. It was going pretty well, she’s just a shy woman. But he was enjoying his time with her. Yong Hwa saw somebody struggling with a box. He couldn’t tell who it was because Shin Hye had a baseball cap on.

“Hold up, SeoHyun.” Yong Hwa ran towards Shin Hye.

“You need help?” Before Shin Hye could respond, he had already picked up the box.

“It’s heavy huh? Where should I put it? By the soda section?”

Shin Hye looked up in total confusion. “Ah yes, thank you..” Shin Hye was trying to process what was happening because she was too busy cursing Junmyeon under her breath.

Shin Hye followed after Yong Hwa. She brought out a sturdy chair so he can put the box on top of it.

“Wow, thank you so much.” Shin Hye bowed. He seemed familiar to her. Could that be the student? He looks a bit different..or did I forget how he looked like?

“Oh no problem. You should ask for help when you need it.” Yong Hwa smiled. As he looked around. Oh! This is the convenience store. Could that be the girl? Yong Hwa wasn’t sure because he couldn’t really see her eyes. Shin Hye and Yong Hwa stood before each other and looked at each other.

“Oh!” They exclaimed at the same time.

“Student?” Shin Hye pointed her finger at him.

“Ye-” Suddenly, Seohyun comes in the convenience store.

“Oppa! Come, hurry, hurry. You know that restaurant closes in an hour!” Seohyun pouted.

Shin Hye’s heart sank. Of course, he would have a girlfriend. Good for him. Let me leave before she thinks anything.

Shin Hye bowed and left to another part of the convenience store.

“Ah okay..Yeah let’s go.” Yong Hwa left with Seohyun. After they left, Shin Hye went back to the soda section and started to put the cans in their place. “I only wanted to know his name.”

 

Yong Hwa was trying to have a good time with Seohyun but just the fact that he doesn’t know the name of the girl from the convenience store bothered him. He doesn’t know why it bothered him, it just did. That was the last time he saw the girl from the convenience store. He was too busy trying to graduate and ace all his exams.

 

A/N: Hi!!!!I can't wait for the drama thats coming woohoo. Guys, Im so happy Cnblue is coming to kcon this year in New Jersey wowowowo Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!!! :D Stay strong! Sending you positive vibes~