Five

F Minus

“Shin Hye, didn’t you have to tell me something. You never finished your sentence.”

Shin Hye turned around. “Mr. Jung?” Shin Hye looked at him from head to toe. He is handsome but definitely not her type. She did not like the type of arrogant air he gave off, especially for being a new teacher. It disgusted her that he knew what had happened but he didn’t speak up. However, she was also embarrassed because of what happened during class. Rage inside of her started to build up.

“Are you going to tell me or not? I’m actually curious.” Yonghwa smirked. Truth is YongHwa didn’t really have a good impression of Shin Hye. He noticed that she wasn’t paying attention in class. But something made him want to keep an eye on her. She seemed different and wanted to know why, well internally.

He found interesting the confidence she gave off, especially being in highschool. Shin Hye squinted her eyes. Suddenly, blurry flashbacks appeared. A 13 year old boy stood infront of her, smirking with a girl beside him holding a ball. That's what all appeared. Shin Hye looked away. Lightheaded again. She would have loved to tell him off. But today was not the day for her.

“No, I’m not going to tell you. Good day.” She turned back around, walked a bit more, and thinking the teacher had left, she squatted on the ground and covered her face with her hands. A major headache she had gotten. Yong Hwa looked at her from afar. Why is she so weird.. He noticed that was squatting on the ground. Is she okay?

He stood behind Shin Hye. He didn’t know what to do. “Shin Hye..are you okay?”

Shin Hye immediately stood up and faced him. “Yes. I am fine. Thank you.” She bowed and quickly walked away.

 

-

“Heyy.” Baekhyun got into Yong Hwa’s car. “Nice car you got. Must be nice to have money. Haha.” Baekhyun snickered.

  1. Your family has more money than mine. This was my graduation present. “ Yong Hwa put on his seat belt. It's true Baekhyun’s family is more well off than Yong Hwa. Yong Hwa’s dad is a literature professor and his mom owns a nail salon, they have more than enough to live. Middle class, you can say. Baekhyun’s mom owns a very well known boutique and his father is a pharmacist. They have money but they knew how to raise Baekhyun so he wouldn’t be too spoiled.

“Oooh, now you can pick up the ladies in this car!” Baekhyun put on his seat belt and smiled.

“Honestly, that is what my parents bought it for. So now I don’t have any excuses of not going to the blind dates.” Yong Hwa began to drive.

“Oh look at you. Blind dates eh? I hate those. I prefer to meet someone randomly, not forcefully. “ Baekhyun sighed and continued, “ I can’t believe Seohyun broke up with you, why again?”

“ Because she got bored with me.”

“Did you..?”

“Of course not. I take things slow. She also accused me of cheating on her. By the way I looked at the girl from the convenience store.” I haven’t seen her in awhile...

“Oh she’s a handful. Good thing you got away from her.” Baekhyun the radio.

“Is that my student?” Yong Hwa squinted his eyes. Shin Hye was slowly walking but her balance did not seem right.

“Oh!! Who? Let me see, is she cute?!” Baekhyun started to look out the window.

“Dude. Nah. She’s a handful. That one with the pony tail and the only one with a uniform.” Yong Hwa began to slow down the car due to the red light.

“Bro, she doesn’t look too well. Look at the way she is walking.” Shin Hye was walking as if she was drunk. The image of Shin Hye squatting to the ground covering her face with her hands from earlier appeared in Yong Hwa’s mind. His eyes suddenly widened. Oh no..

Shin Hye falls to the ground, she has fainted.

Yong Hwa quickly goes to the free parking space that was open beside him.

“We have to do something.” Yong Hwa commanded. Baekhyun nodded his head. People started to surround Shin Hye, scared not knowing what to do. They both got out of the car as quickly as they could.

“Excuse me, this is my student.” The old ladies let Yong Hwa through. Remembering from what he had learned, he positioned Shin Hye on her back that way blood can flow through. He gently shakes her to see if she regained consciousness. “Yah, Park Shin Hye. Shin Hye, Wake up.” He looked at her complexion. Soft and cute features. But also drained. “Baekhyun call the ambulance.”

“Will do.” Beakhyun took out his cellphone.

“Shin Hye.” He shakes her again.

Her eyes began to open. Oh yess finally Yong Hwa sighed in relief. He began to pick her upper body up and let it lay on his chest while he pretty much sat on the ground.

“Oh! She’s alive! They’re coming.” Baekhyun informed Yong Hwa.

“Get a water bottle, please” Yong Hwa asked.

“On my way.” Baekhyun ran to a store nearby.

Little by little, Shin Hye’s eyes begin to fully open.

“Look Shin Hye I need to your collar.” His hand hesitated as he was about to touch her collar.

“I..I didn’t do anything wrong..I didn’t.” Shin Hye began to mutter. What?

Yong Hwa quickly ed her collar.

After three minutes,the ambulance came.

 

-

 

Shin Hye was still sound asleep on the hospital bed.

“When is her mom coming?” Baekhyun slumped on his chair.

“Soon I guess…” Yong Hwa looked at his phone and then looked at Shin Hye. Something about her. Something, it's something that he can’t figure out.

“Oh my. I’m so sorry and thank you so much for taking care of my daughter!” Shin Hye’s mom came in a rush and out of breath.

“Oh don’t worry. She is actually my student.” Yong Hwa stood up and showed his teacher id.

“Oh!Please take care of her well. She’s not great with expressing her feelings.” She bowed again.

“Yes. Will do.” He smiled.

“Go ahead and rest! I’ll be here until she wakes up. “ Her mom smiled at Yong Hwa and Baekhyun.

“Goodnight” they both said and left.

 

-

Baekhyun fell asleep while Yong Hwa was taking him home. Yong Hwa was pensive. He was thinking about the words she had muttered. It seemed strange to him. We’ll see…

 

After he dropped off Baekhyun, Yong Hwa went home. He parked in front of his parent’s house and got out of the car.

“Yong Hwa..” Irene came up to him.

“Were you ?” Yong Hwa was confused at the sight of her there. Last time he heard was that she moved in with her boyfriend.

“Yes. I was waiting for you.” Irene smiled.

“Oh I see. Why..?” Yong Hwa placed his hands in his pockets.

“Why not?” She looked to the ground shyly.

“It was a surprise to see you today. I guess we will be working together then?” Yong Hwa felt awkward because she had a higher position than him and he didn’t know how to act around her.

“Yes we will. Seems exciting. I can’t wait to see Mr. Jung Yong Hwa in action as a teacher. You said you always wanted to become a teacher that students can rely on.”

Yong Hwa couldn’t believe that she actually remembered that conversation. “Yeah, I really hope that I do.” He smiled. He wants to focus on his students and maybe that way he won’t pay attention to Irene.

“Just to let you know, I’m living with my parents again in the meantime. So that means we are neighbors again!”

What?!

“I’ll get going. I already said hi to your parents. Goodnight YongHwa.” She happily waved and went inside of her house. Yong Hwa was in shock. He couldn’t speak.

 

Next Day

Yong Hwa woke up extra early because he didn’t want to bump into Irene. He wanted to avoid awkward conversations.


 

He walked down the hallways, the girls still giggled and fangirled over him. Well it was the second day of school. But he payed no attention to it. He was already used to it, ever since college. Well after Irene became taken.

He saw a familiar figure from afar. Is that Shin Hye? He wanted to know how she was feeling from last night. Her long wavy soft hair covered half of her medium framed back. From afar she looked hesitant to enter the classroom. Observing that, Yong Hwa felt compelled to go up to her. So he did.

“Shin Hye, how are you feeling? Better?”

Shin Hye looked at Yong Hwa weirdly. Why is he asking me..

“Uhm...Yes. Why wouldn’t I?” She responded curtly. She bowed her head and left inside to the classroom. Yong Hwa didn’t feel angry. He wanted to get to know her more instead of judging her personality. He smirked. She’s a tough one

Irene observed the whole reaction from the other end of the hallway. She didn’t know why she felt a bit angry. But she quickly brushed it off. She knew very well that YongHwa always liked her and will keep on liking her.

 
 
 
 
A/N: Sorry for the short update and that it took long! sjkskfjljlksla my family came to visit so we painted the house and stuff ahhh. I also went to kcon. I loved the lineup. I stanned them all. omgsh cnblue was super amazing! Yonghwa's vocals are no jokes. And they are sooo beautiful and charasmatic omg. I hope you guys can go to your bias group concert one day! Please anticipate more from this fanfic. Got some juicy drama. Haha