Who Are You

Love Doesn't Leave You Alone

"what the heck are you telling me? does that make sense? or, is it some dumb jokes again? please, i'm not in the mood for joking!", wonu was angry. he didnt believe what wonseung had just said. "wonu, i'm telling the truth. believe me", wonseung answered. "how can i believe someone like you?", he shouted right in front of wonseung's face. "i did a lot of bad things", he replied. "what did you do?!", wonu shouted. the police officers who heard his voice came to persuade him. "bro, relax", one of the policeman said.

finally he slowed his voice and sat back on the chair. "okay. now tell me what have you done that you have to face the death sentence", he asked calmly. "you know me right? i kidnapped kids, killed people, sold drugs, hit people and many other bad things. i was caught. this is my punishment"

"but that was a long time ago. now you're not that bad!", he said, protecting the man. "wonu, listen here. yes, i was and i'm not that bad now. but this is punishment for what i have done before. i have to face it", he tried to explain. "but-". "wonu, this is life. what you give you will get back, that's all. now, try to believe me and just let me go. that cruel DisPle and his men also will face the death sentence tomorrow", he hoped wonu will understand his situation.

"why are all the people i had in my life are going to leave me alone? am i that bad that no one wants to be my friend? why this life is so cruel towards an orphan like me? even my own parents threw me away", his teardrops started to fall. image of mingyu suddenly popped up in his mind. although he had a tough personality, but he still had feeling.

wonseung felt a little sad after hearing wonu's confession. "it's not like that. you're like this because you are a very special boy. they left you because they have their own reason. there are so many people that wanted to be your friend out there, but you're the one who didnt notice them", he tried to persuade wonu. "but, but what about my parents? why they left me alone? i know they're still alive. i haven't see them even once in my life. am i a trash to them?", he started to feel curios about his parents as he grew up.

"jeon wonwoo!", he slapped wonu's soft cheek without realizing. wonu stay silent. he was ready if wonseung wanted to curse him. "sorry, i'm not in a good mood. but remember, everyone who left other people had their own reason. you cant think that they all are bad. i'm leaving", he left wonu after finishing his last sentence. "but, we have three minutes left", wonu said but didnt hear by wonseung.

wonseung went into his cell while guarded by two police officers. he felt very wronged towards wonu. wonu also started to leave the police station. "why i'm not getting arrested too? i was also working with DisPle though", he asked himself.

"can you give me a piece of paper and a pen, sir?", wonseung asked one of the polices. "yes sure, wait a minute", the police went to take paper and pen. "here. but what're you going to write? please dont write something bad", the police reminded him. "thank you, sir. i'm writing a letter to my son. it's not a bad letter", he smiled. 

after finished writing, he called the same police again. "sir, can you give this letter to my son by tomorrow? give this to him when i'm already dead. his name is jeon wonwoo, the kid from before", he was asking for a help. "oh sure". "thank you".

wonu already reached home. his cheek still felt hurt. he rested in his bedroom, still thinking about what wonseung had said to him. "but why he slapped me when i started mentioning my parents", he wondered. he started to remember all things that had come out from the man's mouth.