Chapter 9

My bestfriend

 

The next day, in the morning they had a sport class. The teacher asked them to makes six teams of four. To make it right, each teams had to at least have two boys.

Victoria stood with Krystal searching for groups to form, but almost all the team were made. Kyuhyun saw them, he already was in a team with Yunho and two others girls who came running to them right away. He wanted to push those girls aside and ask Victoria to be with them, but some other guy know as Kris already did it. He saw him greeting Victoria.

“Tsk, he can’t more obvious.” Cringing his teeths, he started to fume.

“Yah, Kyuhyun what’s wrong ?” Yunho noticed the direction where he glared to. He laughed at himself and stood beside Kyuhyun watching Victoria being friendly with Kris.

“I don’t know what happened between you two, but if you want to reconcile, I don’t think she’ll reject it. When I talked to her yesterday, she was hurt.” As usual, his words were wise. He continued to play with the ball, making some move he learned when he was younger.

“Who told you I want to reconcile. Don’t speak like you know everything.” Kyuhyun snapped back turning his attention toward the two girls who joined them.

The teacher clapped his hands to get the attention from all of the students.

“I see, all the teams are formed.” Everyone gathered toward Mr. Park.

“So, we’ll do it like a competition. Kyuhyun’s team is up against Kris’s team for the first match. And then it’d be Donghae’s team against Yonghwa’s team.”

Kyuhyun sensed someone was glaring at him, he turned to the side and it was Victoria. It quite took him aback since she didn’t stop there. What did she wanted?

“Guys, one thing, go easy on the girls. Some might be taller than you, but still.” The whole students laughed, Victoria broke apart and joined her team. They high fived each other. Kyuhyun looked at his team, the two girls were blushing like crazy. He forgot what were their names.

“The two captain of each team, come to the middle please.”

Kris fiercely went forward, Kyuhyun couldn’t care less. There was a feel of tension in the air, it was awkward, they both were prepared to jump to get the ball on their side. A student started the fifteen minutes countdown, only then the Mr. Park threw the ball in the air.
They were almost the same height but Kris was faster, the ball fell down to his team, Jonghyun came running taking the ball. He ran forward only to face Yunho making a wall with his hand. Krystal was on his right, no one after her. He made the pass, she got it and went a bit forward toward the hoop, she shooted but it didn’t got in.
The two girls in Kyuhyun’s team were useless, when someone was coming their way all they did was screaming. Yunho was fast to get the ball again, he saw Kyuhyun toward the other hoop, and he did he a long pass. Only Victoria was left behind to defend, Kyuhyun received the ball and faced Victoria. The look in her eyes was scary. He stopped for a few seconds, but this short moment was enough for her to get the ball back, he immediately ran after her, few steps and he was beside her.
Like she did it in purpose to prove something she went to his direction, he didn’t realized it but he went all sportsmanship and harshly attacked. He was so strong that she fell on the floor. Everyone is the room gasped and the Mr. Park using the whistle came running checking if Victoria was hurt.

“ Kyuhyun, what did I told right before the match started ?” Mr Park reminded him.

“ I know, I totally forgot.” He put his hands on his thighs. Victoria got up.

“ Are you okay ?” Kyuhyun asked, but she ignored it and went away.

“ I guess it’s a fault, right Mr. Park ?” Instead she turned toward the teacher, when he nodded she took the ball and was ready to play again.

“ Next time, you’re out Kyuhyun.” Mr Park said, before going to the side waiting for the two teams to be ready. As he whistled again, Victoria made a pass to Krystal, Victoria took that opportunity to go just under the hoop. Kris and Jonghyun were on the side,  Krystal passed it to Kris who pretended to shoot but instead gave it to Victoria who easily made it.

The four of them gathered and started jumping up and down, celebrating. After the sport session went smoothly, everytime Kyuhyun came closer to her she would glare at him or ignore him.

After getting changed, Victoria went out to go the match class. Krystal already left, as she opened the door, Kyuhyun was on the side waiting. A sigh escaped and she started walking away fiercely. Kyuhyun clumsily followed her trying to stop her.

“ Hey Qian”

“ Don’t call me like that” She coldly turned around. He took her by the arm as she tried to go away.

“ Why are you being like this ?”

“ What ?!” She gasped

“Are you kidding me ?” She asked dumbfounded

“ I’m sorry for earlier, it was a mistake” He said looking right into her eyes.

“ A mistake. “ She said nodding.

“ You know what would be a mistake” She continued glaring at him.

“A mistake would have been a friend trying to comfort her best friend but only got kicked out.”

“But- ” She cutted him, the least thing she wanted right now was to hear his voice.

" Forget it. It's not your fault Kyuhyun. " she continued tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

" It is all mine, I won't bother you anymore. I should have understood you and your feelings. I am sorry, this was the last time" she said before walking away from him.

He wanted to run after her but what she said made him wondering. Was she really annoying to him ? He never thought so. Seeing her in this state broke his heart. It was him who had behaved like an idiot toward a friend, that friend, dear to his heart who tried to give him a hand. 

 

He just decided to leave her alone and take some time for himself and for her. He needed it.  

When he reached home, though his mind was occupied by a lot of things he noticed a car in front of his house. 

" Mom. ?" That was his mother's car. He ran as much as he could, his heart was beating so fast. Maybe his parent would go back together. Just that thought brought him happiness. As he entered, he saw the both of them drinking coffee. His mom quickly got up and ran to her son hugging him. 

 

" Kyuhyun. I've missed you so much, how are you ?"  She said in a shaking voice. 

He just nodded. 

" What is happening ? You won't divorce, right ?" He asked his body filled with happiness but as his words were spoken, the atmosphere became cold and awkward. 

 

" No" His father hardly got up, the strong smell of alcohol already filled the room as he was drunk. 

" Your mother don't care about me." He continued 

" But she want something from you " he said as he took out a bottle of Scotch.

Kyuhyun broke off the hug and looked at his mom, hurt and sad.

" What ?" He asked looking down. His mother grabbed his hand.

" I want you to come live with me"

She said smiling at him expecting a positive response. He shook his head confused.

" What ?" He continued

" I don't want to, I grew up here, all of my friends live here."  He said taking off her hands.

" Sorry mom" 

" It's not that far, Kyuhyun." She argued trying to convince him. She knew she was in a way responsible for everything which was happening but she couldn't continue to live the way she did.

She didn't wanted Kyuhyun to be unhappy. It's true his father used to be tender and sweet but over the years she realized the love she once had for him was gone... Since a long time already, she was just used to their daily life.

" It's in an apartment in the center of Seoul. I am sure you would love it." She tried with all her will to make him say yes. 

" I'll think about it. I can't give you a response now." Kyuhyun said looking back and forth between his mother and his dad. He kept getting confused as his father didn't even tried or asked him to stay. Maybe he wanted him to leave with his mom. 

His mother glanced at Kyuhyun a last time.

" Tomorrow I'll give the paper to my lawyer. We'll be officially divorced." 

She wiped  the tears on her face and left.

Kyuhyun immediately went to his room, after this he wanted to do something which could calm him down and let go off everything he had in his heart which has become too heavy for him. 

He took his phone in his pocket and skipped through all the names. Without thinking he stopped at "Qian", he wanted to call her but he shook off that idea and instead called Donghae. 

" What are you up to tonight ?" 

" Nothing special. Wanna hang out ?"

" Yeah let's go to the Tiffany's."

" Ok I'll meet you there in 30mn"

He took a shower and changed for a more classy outfit. 

About forty minutes later they met up at the club. They were quite well known there, despite being underage no one bothered to ask them anyway. All that mattered was how physically attractive they were. 

" Oh Oh" as soon as Donghae saw Kyuhyun he knew something was wrong. Kyuhyun has always been the kind of guy to express his feelings through his body language. 

Kyuhyun just glared at him.

" No I am fine" He said upon hearing Donghae voice from behind.

" I bet you are not. Tell uncle Donghae what is wrong" he said in a voice full of cuteness, almost bursting into laughter. 

" I.Am.Fine" Kyuhyun replied annoyed emphasizing each word as his friend's joke.

As they were talking they went to a VIP seats, far from the loud music and drunken people. 

" I am not dumb, you know" Donghae said in a serious tone.

" Everyone are talking about it" He continued as he looked at Kyuhyun. 

" If something is wrong just be honest and have a real talk with her." He ordered beer for them both.

" I tried to." Kyuhyun replied almost whispering.

" But she don't want to. She told me she won't annoy me anymore." In his voice, anyone could tell he was hurt by their conversation. He regretted it.

" What she don't know is she never did" He said as a nervous laugh came out.

" I was just confused. And she happened to be the one I took my anger on." He looked down as the beer in his hand. 

" You are stupid!" Donghae replied as he gave a slap behind Kyuhyun's head.

" Yah!" 

" You really think Qian don't want to stay friends with you ?" He sighed as he massaged his temples.

" You will never understand women." 

That statement just left Kyuhyun confused.

" But she told me...." Kyuhyun argued tilting his head to the side, a clueless expression on his face. 

" Forget it. This is the way women communicate with us, men." Donghae said shaking his head his despair.

Then he looked up at Kyuhyun.

" Complicated, isn't it ?"

Kyuhyun just nodded still confused. 

" Enough of that talk! Let just enjoy the night !" Donghae said getting up and bringing Kyuhyun with him down to the dance floor. 

 

 

The day after Kyuhyun woke up, he had an awful headache. 

" Ouch" 

He shook his head and had some pain keeping his eyes open, the bright sunlight entering through the large window above him blinded his view. 

It took some time to notice he wasn't actually at his home. He could recognize the guest room. 

When he went down he saw Donghae comfortably watching TV in pajama and laughing while eating a full bowl of chips. Kyuhyun sat beside him lazily which frightened Donghae.

" Oy, don't come silently like this. I almost had a heart attack." 

Kyuhyun laid down again close to fall asleep. Donghae saw it and began tickling him.

" You just woke up but you want to sleep again ?" 

Kyuhyun tried to push him aside.

" Leave me alone, I'm tired." 

Donghae shrugged and continued what he was doing. After a few minutes he remembered something which happened last night. 

" Victoria looked y yesterday, she hide well her game."

Kyuhyun instantly sat making big eyes.

" WHAT"

" That red mini dress and long hair falling on her shoulder." Donghae almost began to drools.

" If I didn't knew her, I would have some naughty thought." he said laughing. He saw Kyuhyun face burning of jealousy and probably anger. 

" What happened ? I don't remember a thing." Kyuhyun said shaking from curiosity.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Sorry for the long wait D: By the way, there might be some surprise in the next chapter, I hope you've liked this one :)