Chapter 13

My bestfriend

"Do you want to join us?" Victoria delightfully asked to the boys. Hoping they would say yes.

"Yes, why not"

"No"

While TOP, Donghae and Yunho agreed Kyuhyun's loud No could be heard. When they turned toward him raising eyebrows, he shrugged adding in a cynical and bitter tone.

"We should let the couple spend some  time alone." He glared at Changmin which Victoria noticed.

She grabbed Kyuhyun by the arm and dragged him to their table.

"Just come!" She forced him to sit and went to bring the other boys.

Changmin followed them. He eyed Kyuhyun who happened to sit next to him until a waitress came taking the boys orders.

Only Kyuhyun was the one not ordering anything.

"What's wrong Kyu, usually you would buy it all." Victoria asked curious to know what was the reason behind his moody behavior.

"I am not hungry." He crossed his arms and turned his back on her.

She shrugged and grabbed Changmin by the arm.

"Changdola, you should try the Saint Honoré, I am sure you will like it."

He nodded recalling their past memories together. Times have passed by, but they still are the same, it  brought him happiness, just thinking about it.

"There are no fruits in it?"

"No, I still remember your tastes. No fruits in patisserie, no sugar in coffee." She replied proudly.

Seeing them act like all lovey dovey made Kyuhyun sick. He tried his best to stay calm. The others boys were making fun of Victoria since it was the first time seeing her act all girly and shy.

"I think I might throw up if you continue." Donghae said pretending to be sick.

Victoria glared at him playfully then hit him.

"Ouch"

Changmin didn't dared to talk much in front of the boys, he quickly understood Kyuhyun was mad at him because of the time they first met but he was sure there was sure something else and he didn't knew what.

Donghae hit Victoria back, Changmin took this opportunity to hug Victoria.

"What are you doing to my girlfriend!" He pretended to be angry, TOP crack his knuckles ready to fight.

"What, you have a problem." He rolled up his sleeves.

Yunho was laughing his heart out, as for Kyuhyun he sighed.

"I have to leave. " He took his vest and got up, it was way more than he could handle.

"It was nice talking to you, Changmin," He added rolling his eyes.

The boys waved him goodbye, Victoria couldn't do much, she thought that maybe he was sick.

"You have your car ?" Changmin asked sipping his coffee.

"No he came with us in my car." Yunho replied glancing at Kyuhyun, trying to understand what was going on with him.

"Oh I should give you a ride back home." Changmin proposed still hugging Victoria.

"No I-"

"Don't be silly, I want to know more about you. I want us to be friends."

Changmin whispered something in Victoria's ear, she giggled and he got up. "I'll be back soon."

As they were going out of the café they were walking side to side but as soon as they were out of the view of Victoria, Changmin walked faster, having a gap between them.

Until they arrived to the car, they haven't talked. Kyuhyun was searching the same car Changmin had the other day only to end up seeing him enter in another one, more luxurious.

His jaw dropped when he saw it.

 

"Your car?" He asked checking out the car.

"Yes, my 21th birthday gift." Changmin replied getting in.

"Why? You change car every year?" Kyuhyun asked making fun of him.

"Actually I like to buy the collection cars, it's a hobby. It's my father who buys me a car at each of my birthday ever since I had my driver license." He replied sensing Kyuhyun wasmocking him.

 "Though this year he bought me a house in Gangnam area."  He counter attacked. Kyuhyun was boiling inside, what's with him bragging about his family's wealth.

They were half way to Kyuhyun's home when Changmin broke the silence.

"Why do you hate me?"

Kyuhyun turned to him quite surprised at the question.

"Not any particular reason. I just do." He replied looking through the window. Changmin just smirked at his reply.

"You know I have observed you, at first I thought you hated me because of our first encounter." He said.

"Meeting you today, I understood something else was the reason." He continued while Kyuhyun was carefully listening.

"You are a wonderful actor, I am not sure you friends have noticed it. You should seriously consider acting." He added grasping the interest of Kyuhyun.

"Since when?"

"When what ?"  Kyuhyun asked annoyed he was playing so smart.

"Since when do you love her?"  Changmin glared at him and was going faster. Kyuhyun gulped and faced him.

"It's none of your business."

"She don't knows, right?" Changmin laughed sarcastically.

"I wonder what she'll think of it."

Kyuhyun jumped on him and grabbed him by the collar, Changmin tried to avoid the car in front and successfully did but ended stopped in the middle of the road. Others cars around abruptly stopped as well, some angry persons got out of their car, others were honked.

"Yah!" Changmin took Kyuhyun's hand off and threw him against the window.

"You want to kill us or what!"

He was ready to punch him right in the face but since he was Victoria's bestfriend. What would she thinks if the first day they go back together, her boyfriend and bestfriend get into a fight.

He took a deep breath and released him.

"The next time you do this kind of thing, I'll kill you." Changmin warned him then got back in his place.

"Bastard" Kyuhyun muttered. Why was he pretending to be so cool.

"You don't deserve her"  Kyuhyun said more to convince himself than anyone else.

"Because you do, obviously." Changmin rolled his eyes.

"Wait until you'll receive the invitation letter for our marriage." He added coolly, it amused him to see Kyuhyun boiling.

"I don't understand why Victoria loves you." Kyuhyun fired back.

"Why don't you ask her if you really want to know?" He replied obviously.

The following minutes were awkward. Anyone could sense the atmosphere was heavy.

"We're arrived." Changmin turned to Kyuhyun faking a smile.

Kyuhyun got down and went home without saying a word.

"Tsk" Changmin saw him enter in his house. It’s only then that he understood him and Victoria lived in the same neighborhood. He was thinking of something to get her away from him, even if now Victoria might only recognize Kyuhyun as a friend, who know if her feeling for him will not grow. It took him a lot of time to get her back and he was decided to keep her by hisside, no matter what.

He tried to brush the thought away and went back to take Victoria at the mall. She was waiting for him in front of the mall since the boys left.

Minutes later Changmin came and she quickly got in.


"You guys have become friends?" She immediately asked a sparkle in her eyes.

"Oh. Euh we had a talk. I don't think we can be called friends though." He replied avoiding eye contact.

"Come on! I am sure in no time you will just hang out with him." She grabbed him by the arm widely smiling. 

"That makes me so happy."

Changmin looked down at Victoria who was clinging on his arm and let a sigh escape.

When they arrived at her house, Changmin parked his car and got out to open the door for her and gave her a hand. She took it and got out as well. He accompanied her in front ofher house and they faced each other shyly.

“I’ve spend a great time thanks to you.” She said taking his hand in hers. Changmin smiled at her.

“Me too. I’ll call you tomorrow Qian.” He said ready to leave but he saw Kyuhyun getting out of his house. So he grabbed that opportunity to made him face the harsh reality that him and Victoria were a couple.

He putted his hands behind Victoria’s ear looking tenderly in her eyes as he was getting closer, she closed her eyes. He glanced behind Victoria to make sure Kyuhyun was watching, when he saw him stand still, his mouth wide open in the middle of the sidewalk he crushed his lips on hers.

They both were longing for that, they savored each second of that kiss and they broke off only when they were out of breath.

“It feels great knowing you are my girl.” Changmin admitted extending his hands to hug her. She shyly nodded and hugged him, resting her head on his chest. They stood like this a few moments before they broke off.

“I’ll call you later, Qian.” As he went to his car he noticed Kyuhyun was still on the sidewalk looking at them. He pretended to be surprised.

“Oh Kyuhyun, you were there.”

Victoria who was waving him goodbye, immediately turned around embarrassed Kyuhyun had witnessed their moment.

Kyuhyun shook his head fire in his eyes as his glanced at Changmin who had obviously done it on purpose.

Victoria who was oblivious about the situation turned to Changmin and said in a low voice.

“See, I have always told you should not do this kind of thing in the street. Especially in my neighborhood.” She made big eyes, looking around her if anyone saw them.

“Why? It’s nothing to be ashamed about.” He replied laughing at her cute behavior, thinking she hasn’t changed at all.

“And if people don’t want to see us, they don’t have to. They can simply look somewhere else.” He added staring at Kyuhyun.

What was he trying to do, Kyuhyun held his fist tight. If it wasn’t for Victoria, he would have already jumped on him and punched him.

“Well, I have to go. Bye Qian.” He went on the conductor side of the car.

“Kyuhyun.” And got in.

Victoria waved him goodbye until she couldn’t see his car anymore.

“I’m sorry Kyuhyun, Changmin can sometimes be.. Snarky.” She apologized feeling at fault as well. He approached her and sighed.

“Yeah, I have noticed he is gifted when it comes to anger me.” He said as he sat down on the stairs. She glanced at him not fully understanding and sat down next to him.

“Why do you mean?” She asked curious to know more. She thought that something might have happened when Changmin gave a ride home to Kyuhyun.

He looked straight in her face then shook his head.

“Nevermind.”