Chapter 7

My bestfriend

 

The bright sun entered her room. She frowned and turned her head to see it was past 8AM. She got up and took a shower.
It's only when she was in the kitchen eating her breakfast that she noticed  the 5 missing calls and 1 SMS on her phone from Donghae.
The text read " Qian, let's not meet up today. Kyuhyun don't want to go out." 
 
Chewing her cererals, she read it a few times and fell into deep thoughts. It would only make sense he wouldn't want to go out, specially since it's only been one day since his mother left. She remembered, one time his mother invited her and her parents to have a barbecue together. When Victoria saw his parents together, they acted all lovey dovey, one would have thought they were newlywed with the display of affection they showed. It came to the point Kyuhyun was digusted and asked them a few times to stop it.
 
She let a sigh escape, she didn't knew what to do. Either going directly to his home and witness with her own eyes how he was doing or leaving him alone. Still she thought he needed to have some female presence in his house, even if it was only a friend.
 
"MOM, I'm going out!" She said as she put her bowl in the sink and then went to the supermarket. It was rare of her to buy groceries as her mother always did it, but she was determined to help Kyuhyun in any way possible.
 
"What should I cook" She muttered under her breath. Amongst all the fruits and vegetables she couldn't decide what to chose so she simply asked one of the saleswoman what would people usually cook in this season. The saleswoman told her some recipes but it was way above her skills.
 
"Maybe I should do pizza." It was decided, she bought all she needed and headed back home her arms full of bags.
 
It took her almost three hours to cook the pizza, she tasted it, it wasn't perfect but it was still edible. She packed it, and proudly closed the door behind her.
 
Arrived in front of Kyuhyun's house, she stopped nervously. She glanced at the bag she was holding, wasn't she being overconfident ? No one in this world could replace his mother, yet she was here, standing fierce. Like if it was something to brag about. Her smile slowly faded away.
After all, maybe it wasn't that good of an idea. She glanced back and forth between the bag and the house, and finally decided to leave. 
She had no right to impose herself in their house. It hurted to think so, but in their life, she was a nobody. 
 
She opened the door and let her body fell on the couch.
" Victoria is it you ?" her mother asked from the kitchen.
" yeah, mom no need to cook, there are pizza." Coming to the salon as Victoria mom cleaned her hands, she eyed Victoria suspiciously. 
" Did you bought it ?" she asked opening the bag. 
Victoria shook her head.
" Nope. I thought it would be a good idea to bring it for Kyuhyun and his father. But thinking about it now it's really a bad idea." Victoria replied looking away. 
Her mother felt sympathy and sat next to her daughter. 
" Sometimes, what may seems a good deeed, is not. Honey, I know you only want to help him but you should wait for him to comeback." She patted Victoria back and got up.
" Don't think too much." and she went to the kitchen. 
 
All day long Victoria kept thinking of Kyuhyun. No need to say they cancelled Alter'Ego performance. 
It was only 10PM, she tried to keep her mind occuped by cleaning her room, doing homework but it was useless. 
Everytime and then she would glance at Kyuhyun's home from her room. 
Looking for ninth times already she noticed his father car was missing. She took her phone and called him but no one responded. 
Thinking the worse happened, she called again, in a state of panic, she went downstairs, her parents were watching TV. 
She went through the corridor, her father saw her run and immediatly got up, following her.
" Victoria! Something happened?"
She turned around to meet his eyes, and broke a smile.
 
" Nothing, just Luna asked me to meet her. I'll be back later." 
 
And she left. 
Knocking at the Choi door a multiple times already no one responded. 
Someone was unlocking the door, it was Kyuhyun's father.
The smell of alcohol hit her, he didn't looked like his usual self. 
 
" Good evening Mr. Choi." 
 
He had to blink a few times to actually recognize her. 
 
" Victoria, it's you ?" 
He asked approaching her to make sure. She nodded. 
 
" Yes, it's me." 
 
He grabbed her hand.
" Come in, come in. Kyuhyun would be happy to see you." 
 
Sitting on the couch, she looked around while Kyuhyun's father went to the kitchen.
"Victoria you'll drink something ?"
 
He asked from the kitchen.
 
"No thanks, don't bother about me Mr Choi."
 
He cameback with two glasses of water, he gave one to Victoria then he sat next to her.
 It was awkward, she never was used to stay with his father, except the common greeting they never really talked together.
 
" Is Kyuhyun feeling better ?"
Victoria asked careful of her words. Mr Choi sighed. He turned toward her, eyed her from head to toe.
 
" Tell me, Victoria, do you really expect to feel better ?"
 
He asked his eyes full of anger yet he was smiling, it was creepy.  She gulped and immediatly felt sorry, asking such a dumb question.
 
" Women are all the same, when you have everything they stick to you, but when there's problems, they'll leave everyone behind them, father, husband, children."
 
He emptied his glass in one shot, and abruptely throw it on the floor.
 
" I hope you are not one of them, you won't hurt my precious son, right Victoria ? You wouldn't."
 
He said almost whispering, his piercing eyes looking at Victoria. She kept her head down.
 
" I knew it, you are a good girl." He said patting her back, then got up.
 
"Kyuhyun, come down now." He said yelling in the corridor. Victoria was afraid, why would he say those things to her. Few minutes later, Kyuhyun came down, obviously annoyed in his pajama.
 
" What ?" He asked going to the kitchen. Mr Choi pointed to the lounge.
 
" Victoria is here, waiting for you."
 
Kyuhyun's eyes grew wide, then he frowned and headed to the lounge. When Victoria saw him, she immediatly got up, a bright smile plastered on her face. She was so happy to see him.
 
"Kyu-"
 
" What do you want ?" He asked in an irritated tone.
" Why are you here ?!" Furious was written all over his face. He went to her and grabbed her hand.
"You don't have to be here, go home." He dragged her in the corridor. She tried her bets to resist but he was just too strong.
 
"Kyuhyun, what's wrong ! Let me go! " She replied back, shocked.
 
" You don't have to be here! I don't want you here!! "

His wrists were tightly closed, he saw it, the tears forming in the corners of her eyes. He avoided her gaze and opened the door, standing on the side. She stood still, looking with her bunny eyes fighting back with her heart the tears to fall.

" Am I that bothersome ?" She wondered aloud. 

" I'm sorry, I didn't knew you felt that way." She stepped outside not looking back twice, and added her back still him

" Don't worry, I will never be troublesome anymore." And she left.

After seeing him ran to her house, he closed the door, his fist clinched he hit the wall.

" I'm sorry, Qian." He said as tears rolled down his cheeks