Chapter 15

My bestfriend

It was past 5PM and Victoria wasn't back home. She was still at the Shim's place with Changmin. She tried to find Mrs and Mr. Shim but Changmin told her they would be late.
Neither, Mrs and Mr. Shim knew Victoria would come, they weren't aware Changmin was back with her anyway.
When they arrived they greeted the guests, especially their close friends.

"Oh my.. look at the beautiful lady standing beside our son." Mrs Shim whispered to her husband as they were walking around. Mr. Shim nodded taking a deeper look.

"Darling, isn't it Victoria ?" He asked unsure as they took a step closer. His wife gasped and hurriedly went to greet her.

"You are right! It's our Victoria!" She told him before letting go of his arm.

Victoria turned around as she thought someone called her name and right away noticed Mrs. and Mr. Shim going her way. She excused herself, a bright smile on her face as she went to greet them.

"Omoni" She cutely said as she first bowed and then hugged her.

"How have you been doing omoni?" Victoria felt the warmness of Mrs. Shim in her embrace.

"Don't worry about that old stone, I am still alive." Mrs. Shim joked as she broke off and took a step further to have a better glance at Victoria.

"What about you?" Changmin was still on the side as he watched them. He was all moved, it wasn't a rare sight but it has been a long time since they gathered this way. Even Boa who was busy with her guests took a few seconds to contemplate this moment.

"I am fine. Life in Korea isn't that much different from QingDao to be honest. It's just my friends and you whom I missed so much" Victoria replied as she politely pointed her hands toward Mrs Shim. She slightly blushed sensing the young woman was making fun of her. Just then Mr. Shim also made his way.

"Abonim!" She greeted him as she bowed.

"That's one good surprise you are doing us Qiannie" He said in Chinese, joy in his voice.

"Why? Changmin haven't told you I will come?" she asked in Chinese as she locked arms with him glaring at Changmin. Changmin made big eyes as he tried to escape.

"Changmin, come here." Mr. Shim ordered, Changmin lowered his head and went to his father.

"What do you have to say for your defense?" He asked as if he was sentencing him to death. Victoria giggled beside Mr. Shim while Changmin was making face to Victoria for putting him in this mess.

"Like you said, it was supposed to be a surprise." He replied quite unsure of himself.

"No?" He added seeking the help of his mother, he whispered "Omma! Help me please"

Of course, Victoria and his father heard it, but Mrs. Shim pretended to not hear him.

"Well, that seems good enough" His father said turning to Victoria for her opinion. She pretended to give some thoughts about it before laughing.

"Abonim, you should try to do some acting" She complimented him as he laughed along.

The day went smoothly at the Shim's place. Victoria got to meet the Shims again. It wasn't a surprise to anyone that Mrs. and Mr. Shim considered Victoria like their own daughter ever since she was a child.

 

After many conversations and many glasses of champagne, Victoria decided to head back home. Her feet were so sore, she couldn't walk anymore with those high heels.

Changmin proposed to give her a ride home. When they were in the car Victoria kept yawning and Changmin couldn't help but laugh at her cuteness.

"Why are you laughing ?" She asked taking off her heels.

"Nothing" He shrugged his shoulders as he continued to drive.

"Tell me ~" She tugged his arm making puppy eyes.

"You are so cute." He gently tucks a strand of hair behind her ear and kissed her.

"Yah, I haven't given you the permission to kiss me." She argued slightly blushing.

"Stop complaining and just accept my display of affection." He replied smirking, expecting her reaction. She blushed and faced the window.

Few minutes later they arrived home, since Changmin had to head back to the party he couldn’t stay any longer with her.

“ Thank you darling” She said as she kissed him on the cheek, he waved his hand at her and left.

She sighed, it hurts to walk on the sidewalk, each step getting more painful than the previous. She quickly went to the door on the tiptoe of her feet and rang the bell. After a few times no one replied.

“Weird.” She tried to get a glance inside through the kitchen windows but once again she saw no one.

As she was searching the key in her handbag, she noticed a sheet of paper on the floor. Right away her eyes were drawn to the stamp, the one of police.
It were only a few lines, nothing was mentioned on it, just that she had to go to the police station as soon as possible. She looked around, in the neighborhood, maybe if there was someone they would know what happened. As she went to get changed she was thinking of what she had possibly done to be convoked to the police station. Maybe it was because of the few fines she had received but hasn’t paid yet.

Kyuhyun who was still at home pacing nervously around, heard some noise outside and saw Changmin dropping off Victoria. He waited until Changmin left and ran to Victoria’s house.

He rang the bell multiple times gasping for air.

Victoria was in her room, changing to more comfortable clothes, when she heard the bells, she jumped frightened. Quickly wearing her pant she went downstairs.

“I am coming!” She yelled as she speeded up, when she opened the door she was surprised to see Kyuhyun stand here panting. Her eyes grew big as she let him inside.

“What’s wrong?” She leaded him to the salon, he sat down while she went to the kitchen to bring him a glass of water. As he was seating down he noticed the paper on the table, it was the one from the police. He took a quick glance at it before Victoria came back. She landed him the glass as she sat next to him.

“Thanks” He took it and drank it in one go. She laughed at him.

“Yah, you went jogging or what?” She tapped his shoulder playfully, he pretended to laugh along.

“How was the party?” He turned to her, changing subject. Judging by her reaction, she didn’t knew more than this.

“It was so much fun. I wish I could’ve stayed a little bit longer but I was tired.” She replied as she pouted, obviously disappointed to left the party so early. It had been a long time since she last met the Shims.

“Oh I see” It was all Kyuhyun replied as he avoided her gaze. Sure he was disappointed, ever since that Changmin came, he felt like Victoria was going further away from him each day. And he didn’t like it at all.

“Where are you going like this?” He asked pointing at her clothes.

“Shouldn’t you be in pajama watching dramas?” He joked which earned him another playful punch.

“I wish I could though but I received this convocation from the police.” She grabbed the paper and showed it to Kyuhyun.

“I guess it’s because all of the fines I haven’t paid.” She shrugged, Kyuhyun wasn’t so sure about what he should do. He didn’t thought the police would come just for some unpaid fines.

“I can accompany you if you want” He proposed awkwardly scratching his head.

“Sure! I don’t want to go alone to the police station. It’s a scary place” She nodded energetically as she grabbed his hands.

“Let’s go now, later we’ll go eat.” She cheerfully proposed.

 

On the way to the police station, Victoria was doing all the talk, Kyuhyun was only listening or at least pretending to do so. His mind was too busy.

“Are you listening?” Victoria tilted her head to the side, her bunny eyes turning into an eyesmile, a genuine smile plastered on her face.

“Is something bothering you?” She asked slightly furrowing her eyebrows in a worried voice. He didn’t thought he was so obvious and immediately faked a smile waving his hands in denial.

“No, nothing in particular. I was just thinking of a place to eat.” He explained awkwardly, she eyed him suspiciously before nodding slowly.

“You don’t have to worry so much about it, we’ll see when I’ll get out of this mess.”

Few minutes later, Kyuhyun parked the car and they headed to the police station. Before entering Victoria took a deep breath closing her eyes, Kyuhyun looked amused, it was like she was going to jail. She was so tense.

As she got in, Kyuhyun followed behind, hands in his pocket looking around. It was noisy and filled with a strong alcohol smell. It made her stomach sick, she couldn’t take the smells. Kyuhyun saw one of the man from earlier drinking coffee.

“You should go see that man” He advised Victoria, she turned to him nodding and made his way to the policeman.

“Excuse me” She said in a little voice, the man looked up raising eyebrows.

“I have received this paper earlier at home.” She continued taking out the paper off her pocket and handed it to him. He glanced back and forth between the paper and Victoria a few times.

“You are Victoria Song?” He asked unsure.

“Yes.” The policeman looked around, apparently searching for someone.

“Eumh… If it’s because of the fines I will pay it right-” The man sighed.

“Let’s go to my office, you should take a seat Miss Song” He interrupted her in a serious voice. It was enough to scares her, she obediently did as he said gulping.

“W… Why so?”

He pointed at a seat in front of his desk, she looked around the office before taking a seat. The man sat on the edge of his desk.

“Your parents have been in a car accident” The tone in his voice was very sorry, she sensed it. Suddenly she felt like the time was slowing down. It took her some time to finally understand.

“How… How are they? They aren’t dead, right?” The man who kept his head down made big eyes hearing her. She felt her heartbeat increasing and her head spin.

She wondered why suddenly it was so hot in here, her hands were trembling. She tried her best to keep calm, with all her will but she feared the worst.

“Why aren’t you replying?” She asked her voice shaky.

“WHY” She got up furiously. Cold sweat were rolling down her face, she had hard time breathing. Kyuhyun was kept aside the whole time, he had to wait in the waiting room, just beside the policeman office. When he heard Victoria’s voice, he ran to the office.

Victoria’s back welcomed him, when she turned to him hot tears were rolling down her face.

“Vic-” She ran up to him, his big arms embraced her. Without a word, he understood.

Seeing her in this state was too painful, he has never seen anyone be this hurt and no one has ever made his heart ache so much.

He hugged her patting her back gently. He was facing the policeman who gave him an apologetic smile, shaking his head.

“Kyuhyun.. Mom and dad are… they are…” She said sobbing, it was too early for her too admit it. The policeman could be wrong and she haven’t seen yet their bodies.

“Shh, Qian, calm down.” He broke from the hug taking her head in between his hands, weeping the tears off of her beautiful face.

“Do you want some water?” Tears wouldn’t stop falling, her sobs were like knife cutting his heart into pieces.

“Victoria”

She nodded slowly.

“Wait here, I’ll be back” Kyuhyun took a last glance of her making sure she would be fine and left.

She tried to take a deep breath and faced the policeman.

“Can you tell me where are they?” She asked in a petite voice. The policeman, even though had encountered many similar cases always felt sad for the victims’ families.

“Their bodies are at the mortuary’s hospital of Seoul Gangnam.”

 

____________________________________________

 

Finally the 15th chapter is posted. First of all I apologize for the very late update, to be honest since I've written the 14th chapter I had lost inspiration. But nowadays, I absolutely want to continue this fic.
Back to the story, like some of you guessed Victoria's parents got involved in a car accident. And now, not only she have to deals with the loss of her family but she is also alone. The first present was Kyuhyun.

I won't say more ^^ You'll see what happens in the next chapter. Stay tuned and feel free to comment ~