Chapter 5

My bestfriend
When the first day of school was over, she kept replaying in her mind the conversation she had earlier with Seunghyun. 

" Why would he said that ?" 

She asked aloud while going back to her house in the bus. Kyuhyun was her playing game with his phone. 
He was fully emerged, sticking his tongue out and yelling in frustration when he lost.

" Who said what ?"

She looked outside, her hand supporting her head, pouting.

" Seunghyun" 

Sensing frustration in her voice he put the phone in his pocket. 

" What happened ?" 
" Nothing" 

She refused to tell him anything so he grabbed her face in his hands. She looked like a fish with  open.
He looked in her eyes.

" I said what happened ?"

" Aie! It hurt." 

He let go of her.

" Seunghyun somehow made me know a guy from school seems to love me." 

He shrugged.

" Who would be stupid enough to fall in love with you. "

She crossed her arms and raised one eyebrow.

" I don't want to compliment myself but I was quite popular in the school I went before."
He laughed.

" So am I." 

" Pardon?" She scoffed. 

" You popular ? Never even in 1000 years." 

He just looked in front of him, smiling.

" Wait until tomorrow and you'll see." 

She suspiciously eyed him, wondering if it could be true. No way it could, he is like a geek. He's not bad himself but he sure is not the most best looking. 
She nodded.

" We'll see tomorrow then." 
 
The day after, Victoria was on her way to the school, there was only 100m left when she heard a couple of girls talking about a school band called Alter'Ego. 

" Wow, there is a school band ? Should do some research." she thought.

But what's really caught her attention is when she heard each  of them talking about the one they liked.

" Oh yeah what about Donghae? " One of the girl asked.
" He dance well and that's it. I prefer Yunho! " the one is the middle replied, starting daydreaming.
" Hey Jiyeon what about your love letter to Kyuhyun ? " She continued.
" Don't ask me, he awkwardly thanked me then left with TOP. "

She sighed, her eyes were filled with tears already.

" WHAT!"

Victoria who was listening stopped in her track and yelled.

" It can't be"

She glanced at her wrist, there were 10mn left."

She ran to the school and started to search for the school band, or more precisely the room they repeat. There, she was sure to meet the group members or a fan. She was willing to ask each person she saw where it was, but the corridor was empty. 
She decided to go in class. 
She went upstairs and from afar she saw her four friends. 
They were surrounded by girls. Her smile quickly disappeared. TOP noticed her and waved his hand.
She came almost running.

" Hi.... Guys..." she awkwardly said.
" Hi 'Toria" The boys replied. 
" One minute later and you would be late." Kyuhyun said patting her head while entering the classroom.
" I came earlier but I was searching for the school band." Victoria replied. It took her a long time to notice all the glare on her. Almost all the girls in the class looked like they were ready to get a knife in their bags and kill Victoria. She suddenly felt unsafe in this place. 

She kept her head down and walked to her seat.  She heard someone laughing behind her. When she turned around Yunho was laughing while TOP, Donghae and Kyuhyn were almost ready to burst into laughter.

" What? "

" Don't tell me you don't know." TOP asked in a serious tone.

" I don't know. But you must know them now that I think about it." 

She rolled her eyes like it was obvious.

" Toria, the four of us compose the school band. We're all singers, but I'm also the main dancer." Yunho stepped forward.
" TOP is the rapper, while Donghae is singer and sub rapper and Kyuhyun is the main vocalist."

She was dumbfounded. How on earth can the four of them be a musical group. No way.  was wide open in shock. 

" Impossible, I won't believe you unless I see you dance and sing."

Yunho clasped his hands together.

" You're lucky then. This week-end we'll participate in a public audition. 
You can come if you want to." 

Yunho sat down in his seat and turned around.

" I'm in. Where is it?" 

Kyuhyun put his hand on her back, inviting her to go forward.

" TOP will tell you all the details later. Let's seat now."