Chapter 12

My bestfriend

She looked up at Changmin with big eyes.

«Changmin" she said in a tender voice.

«No, no I know what you're going to say." he said with a bitter smile.

«but I love you, I still love you." he claimed

«And I am determined to win you back." He continued taking her hand in his. She took a look of their hands. In reality she was afraid their past together would hunt her again.

She hesitated and took back her hand.

«I am sorry Changmin, it's too.. Soon." Although he was disappointed he couldn't show it. Instead he started to joke around trying to lighten the mood as he noticed Victoria was ill-at-ease.

«You know I often keep in touch with Sulli." He said smiling, she immediately turned to him.

«REALLY?" She asked cheerfully. Changmin nodded laughing at her reaction.

«Yep, she might come to the wedding." He added. Victoria couldn't hide her excitement.

«Oh my God, I've missed her so much! What has she become?" She impatiently asked.

«Sulli will marry soon." Victoria's jaw dropped. Changmin couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"Yep, it's unexpected from her right?" He added.

Victoria nodded.

«Wow, she was always saying she won't marry before turning 30." she said clearly remembering that day.

«I guess it's true when they said love can change someone." She muttered under her breath.

When they arrived to the mall, Changmin proposed her to head to one of his close friend's shop.

As they approached the shop Victoria stopped in front of a bride dress shop.

The dress was mind-blowing, Changmin saw the sparkles in her eyes.

«You want to get married?" he teased, she glared at him and hit him.

«Wh-" she sighed.

«No, not yet." She said holding her hands together.

«but when I was young, I've always dreamt of my wedding and that dress is like the one I have always imagined in my head." Changmin wondered if she did it on purpose, his heart started to beat faster. Their relation lasted almost two years before Victoria suddenly broke up with him only to discover later she had to move to Korea.

How many times he thought of marry that girl standing in front of him? He couldn't remember, but he knew she was the one for him.

He fought back his thought, instead he took her by her arm and went away.

«Let’s go, it's not like you'll marry anytime soon." She woke up from her day dream and followed him taking a last glance at the dress.

«Where are we going?" She asked clueless, she forgot to ask him at first.

«It’s a secret" He replied smirking while hurriedly going away avoiding eye contact.

«Ok, ok" she nodded surrendering.

Few minutes later they arrived at the shop, as soon as they entered they were greeted by Changmin's friend.

«I was waiting for you!" A tall and handsome man shook hand with Changmin. Victoria noticed he was European, he was much more muscled compared to Changmin and has a very bright smile and a gentleman like behavior. He turned to Victoria smiling.

«You must be Victoria?" he asked quite surprised at her stunning and natural beauty. She nodded taken aback he spoke Korean so well.

«Nice to meet you, I am Julien Kang.

I've heard a lot about you." He said as they shook hands.

«It’s my pleasure, oh I am Victoria Song." She said already appreciating him.

«By the way I wonder from whom you heard so." She teased causing Julien to laugh along.

As they were going in the back of the shop, Victoria saw a few dresses here and there. Some luxurious suits hanging. The decoration was very classy yet modern, once you step in anyone can notice it's a high class one. Each dress was more beautiful, mind-blowing than the previous, which left Victoria amazed.

«Marie" Julien called, few seconds later a young woman came rushing.

" Mr. Kang, vous m'avez demandé ?" The woman asked in some foreign language, her and Julien kept talking

Victoria was clueless, Changmin who was standing behind her chuckled.

«They are talking in French if you wonder." He explained.

Victoria pouted as she muttered

«I knew it..." Changmin laughed at her cute behavior.

Just then Julien came back.

«Sorry for the wait." He apologized and led them to take a sit.

«You may take place." He stood behind a chair and pushed it back for Victoria to sit.

«Thanks. Julien you are a true gentleman." She noticed and smiled.

«All men should be." He said winking at her then went to the small kitchen and came back with a tray with some drinks.

«So what are you searching for Victoria?" He asked, she raised eyebrow not understanding.

«Me? You are mistaken, I just came to help Changmin chose a suit." She explained, Julien turned to Changmin understanding the situation.

«Dear Victoria, he already chose his suit a few weeks ago." He revealed curious to see his reaction.

Changmin was flustered, he turned to Victoria and took a deep breath.

«We haven't come for me, but for you." He finally said, she gulped.

«I don't need a dress" She exploded.

«I don't need your expensive dresses! I can buy it on my own." She was going to run away but Julien stopped her.

«I am sorry to intervene but I have to explain something you may not know. Please take a sit." He calmly said, she sigh and sat down turning her back on Changmin. He tried to explain but he knew Victoria, maybe too much. She was really sensitive and once she made up her mind, it's difficult to change it.

«Look, it's not at all what it looks like and I exactly know what you think." Julien said as he exchanged glances with Changmin.

«It’s been weeks Changmin keep talking about you." Victoria almost shocked as she finally turned toward Julien.

«You know his sister, Boa is going to marry, and Changmin immediately wanted you to be partner. As so, he wanted you to be the prettiest woman there. After his sister, of course." he said joking. Victoria chuckled trying to keep her composure as for Changmin he was carefully listening focusing all his attention on Victoria, trying to read her mind.

«You know him, all he did was naively so please try to understand him. He may be smart but he is clumsy when it come to the persons he love." Julien continued. She sighed, she knew herself and she tends to react harshly. Julien was right, Changmin was not that kind of person.

She sighed and glanced at Changmin feeling sorry, Julien felt he should leave them alone and pretended he had to give a call then went away.

«You haven't even asked me properly to be your partner..." She muttered, Changmin looked up at her. And she was right, even since he came from Hong Kong he had always talked like she accepted his proposition. He cleared his voice.

«Dear Victoria, would you be my partner for Miss Boa marriage this Saturday?" He asked seriously yet expecting her reply.

«Hmmm..." Victoria pretended to think about his propose.

«I’d love to." She replied blushing. Changmin was kind of proud of himself and hugged her quickly.

" Ya what do you think you're doing?" She glared at him taking Changmin aback only to end up bursting.

«See, Chami" She said, a sweet smile appeared on Changmin face. How long has it been since he last her called him 'Chami'. She was the only person to call it that way.

"That's one thing I have disliked about you, you are very sweet and gentle but since you don't mind explaining your plans, it's hard to understand your intention." She explained yet reassured he was still the same.

«I know.. About the dress don't take it whole heartedly. It's just I wanted you to be the prettiest and Julien always have some of the best models.

As your partner, I have thought it's my responsibility. «He said hoping she wasn't hurt.

She got it now, it was all a misunderstanding.

«I am sorry" She said under her breath.

«So, are you willing to choose your dress?" he asked carefully, she nodded smiling. Julien was watching them for afar, when he saw the matter has been resolved, he joined them.

«Some customers are really annoying." He pretended being annoyed.

«Victoria, are you ready to choose a dress?" He asked already having some ideas.

She got up determined.

«Yes I am!" She replied having her fist in the air.

After almost two hours chose dresses, try them, and change again, Victoria finally chose a long sleeveless purple dress which complimented her curve perfectly. Furthermore, Julien proposed that dress because it suited the suit Changmin chose. They thanked Julien and left as they promised to keep in touch with each other often.

“You want to drink a coffee?” Changmin asked still keeping fresh in mind the image he had of Victoria wearing that dress. It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say she looked like a Goddess, as she tried the dress, others customers were present and literally their jaw dropped when they saw Victoria. She was wearing very little make up, her hair was roughly tighten in a ponytail but she managed to pull it off greatly.

“Yes! I need it” She admitted faking being sleepy. They were on their way to the salon de thé upstairs, Victoria eyed Changmin who had in his hands in his jean’s pockets, she gathered all of her will and grabbed Changmin by the arm. When he felt her hand around his arm, he looked down on it then at Victoria who was shyly smirking. He felt relieved and happy.

“Thank you Chami” She tighten her grip on him.

They entered the café and decided to sit in a corner, as they were taking off they were settling they were welcomed by a waitress taking their orders.

“Good afternoon, what can I serve you?” She asked politely ready to write it down.

“An espresso for me please” Changmin replied and glanced at Victoria who was thinking about it.

“A cappuccino with whipped cream and a croissant.” The waitress nodded and left.

The ambiance became awkward, none of them dared to talk until Changmin decided to break the ice.

“I am really, really happy to meet you again Victoria.” He expressed looking into her eye.

“Yeah, me too. I’ve missed you so much.” She replied truthfully.

“And to be honest, I am still a bit afraid.” She continued.

“Afraid? Of what?” Changmin didn’t really understood what she was afraid of.

“I don’t know, I thought I loved someone else..” She admitted thinking of Yunho, but thinking back about it, it was only a crush. Maybe a moment of despair.

“But the moment I’ve heard your voice again..”

The waitress interrupted them and came back with their orders. She placed it on the table and left.

She gulped, still watching out and trying to read Changmin face.

“What I mean is I still love you, but I don’t want to lose you again.” She realized this afternoon they’ve spend together was what she was longing for. She missed him so much, she was waiting for him to call her, to hear his voice, to see him, to hold his big and warm hand, to taste his sweet lips.

Changmin hold her hand getting closer. She hasn’t noticed but her voice was shaking and her eyes were red, he hugged her tightly, close to him.

“I am here now, I will never leave your side.” He comforted her, when he felt she was feeling better, he broke off. Changmin hold her face between his hands smiling at her, she closed her eyes, he takes a mental photo of her face and kissed her softly.

She felt his warmness all over again, when they broke off, he hugged her again. As she opened her eyes, she looked behind him and saw Yunho and Donghae pointing fingers at them while giggling. TOP tried to calm them down as they were too noisy, as for Kyuhyun he was just standing still, his face was dark.

“Oh Chami’ there are my friends there!” She said joyfully excited to present him to the group.

She got up and took Changmin by his arm and went to meet the boys. He cleared as his voice and as he came to the group recognizing Kyuhyun he recalled the time he met her.

“Oh, the guardian boy.” Changmin said.

“Yunho, TOP, Donghae, and Kyuhyun I present you my  ...” She turned red, so Changmin stepped forward.

“I am her boyfriend Changmin, nice to meet you.” He presented himself eyeing them, kind of worried they were that handsome.

“See, I told you.” He heard Donghae whisper to TOP. They shook hands.

“This is the first time you meet each other, right?” Victoria asked cheerfully. Kyuhyun shook his head glaring at Changmin.

“I already had the honor to meet him.” He said in a disgusted way.

“Yeah, I remember you. I apologize for the last time by the way.” Changmin said not caring that much.

____________________________________________________________________________

 

I am deeply sorry for the long wait, I thought I would update it way sooner but I was a bit busy those past weeks.

This is almost a full Changtoria chapter, I don't know if you liked but I hope you will ^^

Oh and I'm sorry for any mistake I've done, I've writed it on my phone..