Chapter 6

My bestfriend

Finally this was Friday night, which marked the week-end and also TOP let her knew about Alter'Ego performance. She was still troubled about the whole story.
They would have their performance tomorrow and she still couldn't quite believe they were a group.
Laying on her bed she took her cellphone to ask them if they weren't pulling a joke on her, she first decided to send Kyuhyun a text but finally send it to Yunho. She wanted to talk a bit more with him.


" To : Yunho ~
Hey are you asleep? Just wanted to ask what you guys said, is it true ??"

She had read a multiple times the text, Usually she would just write without bothering but now, she was thinking about the best way to start a conversation.
She erased what she wrote, and started again sticking her tongue out.

" Hi again oppa ~
What are you doing ? I guess you must be already asleep.. I just wanted to confirm, you and the others really are a group?
Sweet dream."

It really didn't sounded what she would wrote, and felt it was too fake.

" Should I add a heart ?"

She asked aloud pondering if it wasn't too much. Just the thought made her blush.

" Nevermind! "

And she send the text.
Few seconds later her phone rang, she hurriedly took it grinning.

" oh he has already replied ?"

To her despair it was Kyuhyun.

" From : Kyuhyunnie
Hi Qian. I know you don't sleep and I have a huge favor to ask you, can you meet me outside right now ?"

Weird she thought it didn't sounded like him.
Right when she was going outside her phone rang.
Yunho was calling.
She bitted her lower lip, Kyuhyun was waiting outside and it seemed serious. She didn't wanted to make him wait.
She still took the call, deciding she will shorten the call if needed.

" Yes oppa" she said in a cute voice

" Hey, I hope I don't bother you ?"

She glanced outside the window and saw Kyuhyun walking in circle.

" Ahh... Not really. Why ?"

" Great! " he said back delighted.

" Do you want to go watch a movie with me ? I'm bored as hell."

She was getting frustrated, any other day she would be jumping in joy but this time didn't felt right.

" Sorry oppa, I have to go. I'll call you back as soon as possible."

She didn't waited for his reply and headed outside. Opening the door she met Kyuhyun sitting on the stairs. His shoulders were tense, his knees supporting his head.
Apparently he didn't noticed her. She silently sat beside him, waiting for him to speak.
He lifted up his head, his eyes full of tears shining brightly with the full moon up in the sky. He slightly smiled forcefully at her.
Sadness, was all she felt. He seemed so fragile.
She patted his back.

" Qiannie." He said almost whispering.
Her full attention was on him.

" You are lucky."

His words took her aback.

" why are you saying that ?" she asked cautiously.
" Your two parents are still here, with you."

His voice began to tremble.

" My mom left us. Alone. "

She didn't understand what he means. She looked toward his house, and noticed his mother's car was nowhere in sight.
She didn't knew what to say. Just then, raindrops started to fell.

" Kyu' come with me at home, it's raining."

His expression was blank, she took him by his shoulders and went home.
Just the two of them were here, her parents went to some relative.
She went to the kitchen and came back with two hot chocolate.
Finally after five long minutes he stared at Victoria.

" She told us, she will comeback with the divorce papers." He said devasted.
" How silly is it to believe it only happen to others."

She hugged him, trying to comfort him. It seemed like it was exactly what he needed, some reconfort as he slightly hugged her back, posing his head on her shoulder.
Just then the door rang.

" Wait a minute."

She broke off and opened the door, her parents were back. They were laughing and apparently in a great mood. It took them a few seconds to notice Kyuhyun sitting in the sofa, his head looking at his feets, fists tightly closed.
Victoria's mom could sense the atmosphere was heavy and sad. She raised her eyebrows to Victoria, wondering what was going on. However as soon as her father saw him, he welcomed Kyuhyun sitting next to him and turning on the TV.  
When Victoria and her mom saw her father wholeheartidly laughing she made sign to her mother to take him upstairs.

"Darling, can you come with me. I have something to tell you."

He turned aroud and saw his wife standing on the stairs making some facial expressions to make him understand he should leave them alone.

"Excuse me Kyuhyun." and he left.

Victoria awkwardly approached Kyuhyun again.
" Do you want to sleep here tonight ?" she asked not quite sure of herself.

He shook his head.

" I can't be selfish, my father is alone at home. I should as well, head back."
He got up, Victoria wanted to stop him but she couldn't find the right words.

"Kyuhyun..."
He took her hands in his.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. I just need some time alone."

With this, he left.
She stayed looking at the door, unable to move.
Of course she couldn't understand what he was going through but deep inside she knew she should stay by his side.
Her parents came back in pajamas.

"What happened?" Victoria mom asked. "Kyuhyun seemed sick."
" His parents will divorce."

She gasped.
" How come ?" She glanced at her husband." He didn't told me."

She then went to her room and send Yunho, TOP and Donghae a text explaining the situation.
TOP was the first to call her.

" Hello ?"
" What is going on ?" TOP said almost yelling.
" I don't know more than you. He only send me text asking to meet him, then he told me his parents will divorce and left."

She replied frustrated. She heard TOP sigh from the other line.

" What should we do ?" he asked desesperate.
" I have no idea. " she said then added " Maybe we can ask him to go out with us tomorrow ?"
" yeah, let's do this. I have to go Vic' bye."

He hang up. Right after Donghae and Yunho called her too. She said the same thing to them.
It was past 1AM and she couldn't sleep. She was thinking too much. What if Kyuhyun leave with his mother ? What if his father abandon him to live with someone else ? What if Kyuhyun change ?
So many unanswered questions.