Chapter 8

My bestfriend

It was a sleepless night when she came back from Kyuhyun's house. She headed straight to her room and jumped in her bed, tightly holding the pillow as she thought of the scene over and over again even though she tried to brush it off her mind.
She tried to understand Kyuhyun, why would he say those words, but no matter how she looked at it, she was the one at fault. Yet, instead of yelling at her, she thought he could have been more gentle, she would also understand it.
The sun rose outside, she didn't really noticed it, it's like the night passed by in a blink eye. Her eyes and body were tired and her heart wasn't at ease.
" Maybe he is right after all. I shouldn't have went."
Just then the alarm beside her bed rang. 7:30AM.
" Oh crap."
It hit her, school. She wondered for a second if she would as usual go with Kyuhyun but quickly pushed the thought aside. She took a shower, dressed up and quickly ate her breakfast.
" Bye mom, bye dad."
She took her bag and got out, she glanced left and right but didn't saw Kyuhyun around. Taking a look at her wrist, it was 7:58AM. She let a sigh of relief escape, that is what she wanted. It would have been awkward to meet him right now, and being honest she didn't wanted to meet him.
She walked 15mn and arrived at school. The first thing who caught her eyes was Alter'Ego members and some female students in front of the gate gathering around Kyuhyun.
She passed by the boys without even giving a second glance.
" What's wrong with Victoria. She didn't saw us ?" Donghae asked aloud.
" Victoria !" Yunho called behind. She perfectly heard him but didn't stop in her track. It was for the better. She hurried but someone grabbed her by the shoulder. She turned around and saw Yunho smiling.
" Morning 'Toria" he said waving his hand at her. She awkwardly waved back.
" Morning."
" You didn't saw us in front of the gate ?" he asked unsure.
" Ah." She gulped " I must be blind" she laughed off awkwardly.
" You were in the front ?"
Yunho nodded, eyeing her suspiciously.
" What's wrong ?"
She immediatly shaked her head and her hand, her eyes surprised.
" No.. Nothing. I ... Better go, Krystal is waiting for me in the classroom." she said and disappeared in the school.
Yunho absolutely didn't know what' going on so he went back with the others guys.
" Do you know what is wrong with Qian ? She isn't like her usual self."
He asked curiously, Kyuhyun just shrugged.
" I don't know."
He grabbed his bag and headed inside the school followed by Yunho, Donghae, TOP and some female students.
When they entered the classroom, Victoria wasn't there. Kyuhyun noticed it, she must felt hurt.
They each took places in their seat, it wasn't only until the teacher came that she sneakily entered. She didn't gave a second glance and headed to her seat.
Anyone could see they ignored each other and it was awkward and some students were already spreading some silly rumours.
Yunho turned back to Victoria.
" So ?"
" So what ?"
" What happened between you and Kyuhyun ?" he asked...  Obviously.
" Nothing. " she said looking by the window.
He grabbed her wirst, forcing her to face him raising his eyebrows.
" It's just we realised we couldn't be friends anymore."
The teacher came in closing the door behind him.
" Good morning everyone. "
" What. "
" Yunho, can you please face me and not turn around to speak with your classmate. In case you didn't realised it, class already began."
The teacher said waiting for Yunho. He sighed and turn back.

The rest of the day, they each spent their time separatly.
Kyuhyun, like he always did with Alter'Ego and Victoria with Krystal.
After much thought, she believed it wasn't a bad thing, she found new friends beside Alter'Ego though she was sad she wouldn't be able to go out with the boys anymore.

As for Kyuhyun, it was quite the opposite. Before Qian made her appearance in his already well rounded life, he was one of the rare we could call an Happy person.
it took her only a few weeks to change his life. Until now he didn't regretted at all but now they are facing difficulties, he realised their friendship wasn't as strong as he believed it to be and as much as he hated to admit, he miss her. So much.
Something deep in his heart was holding him back from running to her, apologize, make up and continue to have many great memories.