9. Not afraid to admit

City of Love and Despair [Sequel to INAY, IAM]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Lisa’s POV

I followed Rosé down the corridor without saying any words. I don’t have to ask her what’s wrong because I know oh too well. She’s sad, frustrated, angry maybe. I can understand what she’s going through…

I immediately hugged her from behind when we stopped on the rooftop of the dorm building. She placed her hands on top of my arms that were resting around her waist, making me also rest my chin on her shoulder.

“I don’t know, Lisa… I have everything I need, yet I still feel like I’m lacking something. I am in Paris, I’m doing great in my studies, I have my friends here and I debuted today as a model… I don’t know what’s wrong with me to be honest…”

“Do you miss him ? Your boyfriend…” I dared to ask even though I know the answer is going to be ‘yes’. They had such a beautiful relationship and I ruined everything they had. I wanted to break them apart a long time ago and I didn’t wait for a second when I had the opportunity to do so. I am selfish too and I’m not proud of it. Jennie is not the only selfish one, I am like that too but I don’t really let that show because if I’ll do so, Rosé would never fall for me… She likes me when I’m acting cute, lost, helpless and like I don’t know anything. I have a strong personality and I don’t give up easily on what want, but somehow she made me soften up..

“No… I’m over him already…”

“Maybe you have a crush on someone you’re not sure about ? Maybe me.”

“Stop it, Lisa… I’m not in the mood for your jokes.”

“I’m not joking. Why don’t you just admit it ?”

“Lisa, I’m not a lesbian.”

“I didn’t put a label on you, you know ? You can be anything you want and still have a crush on me.”

“I don’t have a crush on you…”

“Then why did you kiss me that day ?” She let go of my arms and turned around, looking at me somewhat surprised because I asked her that question and somewhat… sad.

“You kissed me too, in the library. What’s your reason ?” She looked at me straight in the eyes, hypnotizing me; each second passing by feels like an eternity when she’s staring at me like this.

“I’m not afraid to admit that I like you. Here, I said it.”

“Lisa… I can’t…” She took a few steps backwards still facing me. Is she trying to get away from me now ?

“Why can’t you ? Is it because I’m your best friend ?”

“I don’t want to ruin what we have now…” Ok, that's it.

“Let me tell you something, Rosé. I know what’s going on with you and the thing you lack. I don’t know if you lack his love or just love in general, but that’s what you need. I know how much you enjoy being surrounded by love and how much you hate being alone. You don’t have to feel the same way about me, just let me love you and you’ll see that everything is going to get better.” I approached her, bringing my hand up to tuck her hair behind her ear so I can see her face properly. She just stood there, looking at me with the most depressed expression I’ve ever seen and it broke me into pieces.

“Why would you do that if I don’t have feelings for you ?”

“I love you Chaeyoung-ah, and I know you love me too.”

“I don’t lo—“

“Shhh… No, you do... Just stop me if you don’t…” I moved my face closer, placing my lips on hers

Please log in to read the full chapter