4. Honest and brave

City of Love and Despair [Sequel to INAY, IAM]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jennie’s POV

“Where are we going, Miss Lee ?” I asked the silver haired woman that was driving us through the streets of Paris in a hurry like a crazy person. She and Miss Park picked me up after classes like she said yesterday, without saying where they will bring me.

In about twenty minutes of driving we arrived in front of the a tall glass building, just like those you find in Korea, but the contrast between this modern building and the old ones that is surrounding it looks odd, almost ugly in some ways. I didn’t have the time to properly read the logo on the building because the two women dragged me inside. Once in the lobby, we took the elevator up to the 21’st floor, from where we went down a long corridor and entered a big and luxurious office.

“Hey Ji ! I haven’t see you in such a long time.” Miss Lee said as soon as we got inside. On a massive black leather chair sat a man, dressed in some weird and colorful pieces of clothing, his hair also being colored in a bright orange color.

“Is she the girl you’ve been telling me about ?” He asked Miss Lee while looking at me from head to toe. “You have a nice face and a nice body.” He told me and I never felt more uncomfortable in my whole life. Why is this man checking me out and what the heck is this company doing ?

“I know right ? Isn’t is beautiful ?”

“Are you korean ? Why aren’t you speaking ?” He asked me while approaching me with a pair of very tall high heels. “Get this shoes on and do a catwalk for me, ok ? I want your face to be expression less and as you walk towards me, I want you to focus on a point straight in front. Don’t move your head too much because it won’t look good, understood ?”

“Yes.” I did as he said and walked from the door towards his desk and back to the door again. I sometimes think I have two left legs but for some reasons today I was able to not stumble on my own feet like I do most of the time.

“Do it again and this time with more confidence.” He told me and I repeated what I did earlier; from the corner of my eyes I saw the two women looking at me amazed.

“Ok. Stop. Come here and sign this paper.” I sat on the chair beside his desk and glared suspiciously at him before looking at the contract in from of me.

“Who are you and why do I need to work for you ?” He laughed at my question as he leaned back into his chair, playing with a pen between his fingers. He looked over at Miss Lee and Miss Park who just smiled at me before the younger women spoke up.

“He is Kwon Jiyong, fashion designer and owner of the famous GD Fashion Line. One of his models got sick and he needs urgently someone to take her place for tomorrow’s show so I recommended you.”

“Sign the contract and I’ll see you tomorrow at 8 am. Don’t be late.” What an arrogant and ignorant man this Kwon Jiyong is. I signed the paper placed on the table and left his office almost immediately, the two women following behind.

“He is one of our good friends, Jennie-yah. He may seem like a jerk but trust us, he is one of the sweetest man alive. Fame hit him in the head that’s why he’s acting like that. You just need some time to know him better. ” Miss Park said after we got into Miss Lee’s car. I just nodded my head at the brunette before telling Miss Lee to bring me to the dorm.

 

----

 

Lisa’s POV

Awkward. Nothing else but awkwardness. Since Rosé kissed me a few weeks ago, I haven’t been able to think about anything else but her and her lips. It lasted only for a fraction of a second but damn I can still feel my lips tingling. I think she is developing a crush on me because she’s been very clingy lately, clingy like she have never been before. If I was Baby Lisa for her as a joke in the past for being the youngest among the three of us, now I’m Baby Lisa that is not missing from her sight not even for a minute. Strange is that the cold, easily irritated and attention seeking Rosé became the sweet, cute and caring version of herself that I’ve never seen before. I don’t mind her change at all; I liked her before and I still like her now.

“Where did you go ? I was talking with the librarian a few minutes ago and you disappeared.”

Please log in to read the full chapter