8. Selfish

City of Love and Despair [Sequel to INAY, IAM]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jennie’s POV

“Okay girls, we’re finished for today.” Mister Dong said as he took the last pictures of the three of us. We’ve been posing for a while now and I don’t really feel like doing anything else but sleep. I had a hectic week; on Monday I had an exam at Jisoo’s… I mean Miss Kim’s course, then a few other exams during the week and now on Saturday I had that photoshoot for the Eastern Sun Fashion Magazine. I hope this is the last time I’m going to put myself out in front of the cameras because I really don’t enjoy doing it. At least the two “love birds” enjoyed themselves today.

“So, wanna hang with us tonight ?” Lisa asked while we were changing back in our own clothes.

“How about we go on a double date with you two, Jisoo and I.”

“Double date ? Lisa and I, we’re not together.” The ginger haired girl said, eyeing the blonde who was still struggling zipping up her jacket.

“Hey, help me with this.” The thai girl said, coming closer to Rosé asking her for help. The long haired girl giggled at the blonde and zipped up the jacket’s zipper that got stuck earlier.

“Really ? Maybe you should try it out.”

“Maybe you can just mind your own business, Jennie.” Rosé threw some cold glares at me before walking out of the changing room.

“You know, I’m working on it honestly but I think she hates me because I made her break up with her ex-boyfriend.” Lisa approached me and held her arms out. “Hug me.” I did as she said and hugged her, sighing.

“She’s just shy to admit that she likes you too. I mean, it’s kinda obvious that she has something for you.”

 

----

 

I walked out of the building and Jisoo was already there, waiting for me. She was leaning against her car, with her arms crossed to her chest, looking at me quite irritated. Oh no… She’s mad…

“Hey.” I simply said, I guess I did something wrong by the way she looks at me and I may know what it’s all about.

“Get in the car.” She didn’t even hug me and went directly inside her black car. I got in too, after a few seconds, not wanting to get her angrier than she already is.

“Where are we going ?”

“Somewhere. You’ll see.”

“Are you mad at me ?” I asked her; I think it’s because I forgot to tell her about the photoshoot today.

“Not mad, disappointed.”

“Why ?”

“I looked over your exam… You failed mine. At least I hope you didn’t fail the other ones.”

“I spent the whole last weekend with you. When was I suppose to study ?”

“You should organize your time better. And also, that book I’ve been telling you last week that you refuse to take had all the answers for the exam. How can the only native Korean student in my class fail a Korean exam ? It’s embarrassing.”

“I’m sorry, ok ?”

“No, just no.”

After that she didn’t spoke with me the whole ride. She took us somewhere near the Eiffel Tower and parked her car in front of a three story building. She went inside the old building without waiting for me and stopped at the top floor in front of a white wooden door.

“Hello ! You’re here to see the apartment, right ?” A korean man opened the door after Jisoo rang the bell a few times.

“Yes. I called you this morning and I said I’ll come later to check it out and here I am.” She smiled at the man how invited us in. The apartment look nice and big, with an American style kitchen with snow white furniture and maroon floor, the living room is huge and it lead to a balcony with glass door that has a beautiful view of the Eiffel Tower. Everything looks so cozy and nice, it reminds me somehow of her apa

Please log in to read the full chapter