12. Proof that I love you

City of Love and Despair [Sequel to INAY, IAM]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jisoo’s POV

~Flashback~

‘Hello, Mrs. Kim ? It’s me Kim Jisoo, Jennie’s high school Korean teacher.’

‘Oh, hello Miss Kim. What a great surprise that you called !’

‘I’m calling you because of Jennie. Did she arrive home safely ?’

‘Home ? No, she didn’t tell us she’ll be coming home. She isn’t in Paris attending university ? She told me when she left that she got accepted into a great college and she’ll go there with her friends and Miss Lee.’

‘She’s doing great in school, Mrs. Kim. Actually we stumbled upon each other here in Paris and I’m one of her teachers now, again.’

‘Oh, yes. I remember she told me you got a job in Paris. I guess she got used faster to the new people and culture there with so many familiar faces around.’

‘Yes, she fit perfectly with the other students.’

‘I’m glad to hear that. So, about what you said earlier; did she come back to Seoul ?’

‘Yes, but nevermind. I forgot she told me she’s going to visit some places around Korea with her friends before actually going home.’

‘She should have called me… Aish, I wanted to cook for her favorite foods but now that I don’t know when she’s coming…’

‘Don’t worry, Mrs. Kim. Your daughter is alright.’

‘I know. Thank you and Miss Lee for looking out for her there in France. Jennie can be very shy sometimes and doesn’t make friends easily.’

‘That was our pleasure. I have to go now, Mrs.’

‘Visit me and my husband when you’ll come back to Korea. Take care.”

‘I will.’

~End of flashback~

 

Jennie, why did you lie to Jiyong ? You told him you’re going to visit your parents but you didn’t. Where are you, baby ? You could be anywhere…

 

----

 

I arrived to Seoul three days later after I called Jennie’s mom to check on my girlfriend who ran away. I still can believe she did something so stupid like running away. I know my Jennie well and there is no place other than Seoul that she would go to. I don’t know what made her do such thing but I have a slight idea why…

In these three day, I went for the final time to court with Seunghyun and our lawyers to officially end our marriage. I worked on this so much the past few months that it made me exhausted and it was nerve-wracking, but it was worth it all in the end. I’m a free woman now and I can finally have a normal relationship with the girl I love.

Jennie… She doesn’t know anything about the divorce because I didn’t want her to get involved in such thing. I never told her at what stage the process is and maybe that’s one of the reasons she ran away; maybe she thought I’m not divorcing Seunghyun after all…

After leaving my stuff in my old apartment I own here in Seoul, I went on a hunt to find Jennie. I looked in every bar and night club in Gangnam, then I went to Itaewon and then to Hongdae, but she was nowhere to be found. I choose these neighborhoods because I know these are the places every rebel runaway teenagers would go to drink and to party, but any of this is just not Jennie’s style; I don’t even know why I wasted time by doing that. I’m so worried for this girl that I can’t even think properly anymore… but then it hit me… The high school. That’s a place where Jennie would go…

I got inside the school’s yard through the hole in the fence that is still there after all this time and inside the building I got through an open window that the students probably forgot to close. I hurried up the stairs to the second floor, only to find the door to Jennie’s old classroom open.

“I saw you coming. What do you want ?” She said when she sensed that I’m in the classroom. She was standing by the window looking at the cold February night sky. I didn’t respond to her question, but instead I hugged her from behind.

“Don’t touch me !!!” She push me away and was about to run out of the classroom but I caught her by the wrist.

“You scared me to death. Don’t ever disappear like that again.”

“I do what I want, ok ?!”

“What’s wrong, baby ?”

“You tell me what’s wrong ! You know very well what’s wrong ! How could you play around with me like this ?! You played with me like I’m some sort of garbage ! You played with me so well that I really fell into your stupid game ! But you know what ? WE ARE DONE ! And I’m doing this for you and your future family…”

“Future family ? What are you talking about ?”

“You ed Seunghyun behind my back and you’re pregnant with his child, Jisoo…”

What …

I’m going to kill him with my bare hands once I’m back to Paris.

For the past hour Jenni

Please log in to read the full chapter