11. Back to Seoul

City of Love and Despair [Sequel to INAY, IAM]
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jennie’s POV

It have been 2 months since I moved in with Jisoo and 3 weeks since I’m in Milan with Kwon Jiyong and the other models. After Mister Kwon saw the pictures from the photoshoot for Eastern Sun Fashion Magazine, he insisted that Lisa, Rosé and I should sign a 3 year contract with his company and work as models in our free time. I didn’t want to accept the offer but Rosé begged me saying that we have an opportunity to travel the world this way and experience new stuff. To be honest, I think fame already got the two girls because they’ve been acting differently. Rosé have become more obsessed with her looks than she was before and Lisa became more bossy with people around her. What can I say about me ? I’m still the same humble Jennie as before, the only thing that changed was that I become more shy and the fact that ‘fans’ come up to us on the streets to say hello contributed to my shyness.

I’ve been to Milan for 3 weeks for photo shoots for different fashion magazines and for different fashion shows; I’ve been to Milan for 3 weeks without Jisoo. Gosh, I miss that woman to death and beyond. We facetime everyday but it’s not the same when you don’t have the person you love beside you. I tried to forget about the emptiness I have inside me by focusing on work more, but that doesn’t really helps. I still miss her every single second of the day and when you have to go back to the boring and cold looking hotel rooms instead of going home, it brings my mood down to the ground.

I still have two days to be around Italy and to my surprise, I got a text message this morning written in korean from an unknown number to meet someone at a coffee shop downtown of Milan. They said that it’s about Jisoo and it’s important so I didn’t wait any longer and went to the address they gave me.

I entered the coffee shop and even though we are in the middle of the day, the place is almost empty; just a couple in the corner and a man sitting at a table by the window… Wait, don’t tell me…

“Choi Seunghyun.”

“That’s my name. Miss Jennie, please take a seat.” I hesitated for a moment but sat down eventually; I really want to finish fast with whatever he wants.

“What do you want ?”

“Congratulation to you and your friends. I see you work very hard on your career and you start to become very famous, especially in Korea.”

“Why are you here, Seunghyun ?”

“I’m on a business trip and I heard you are in Milan too, so I wanted to meet up with you.”

“Why ?”

“You see… While you’re working so much everyday and chase your dreams, your beloved Jisoo—“ Just as he was about to say something about Jisoo, the waiter interrupted us.

[In Italian]”May I take your order ?”

[In Italian]”Ah yes, I want an Espresso.”

[In Italian]”And you miss ?”

[In English]”I don’t want anything.” The waiter nodded his head before he walked away and left me alone with this man and the annoying music playing in the background.

“What about Jisoo ?”

“Well… You know that Jisoo and I aren’t fully divorced yet, right ?” I was taken aback a little bit by what he just said. I know Jisoo is working on it,

Please log in to read the full chapter