1. What are you doing here ?

City of Love and Despair [Sequel to INAY, IAM]
Please log in to read the full chapter

[In French]“Bonjour students. My name is Kim Jisoo, I’ll be one of your Korean teachers and this semester we will study together The History of Korean Language. My colleagues and I hope to hear you all improve in your pronunciations and be able to speak in basic Korean by the end of the semester. Please don’t let us down !”

[In Korean]“Annyeong, Miss Kim. Long time no see.”

[In Korean]“You...”

 

----

 

“What are you doing here, Jennie ?”

“Well, I am in a university, I attend lectures and courses and I carry a ton of text books with me. What else do you think I’m doing other than trying to be fit in with the rest of the students ?”

“Look, Jennie, you told me to get out of your life and now you’re here ?”

“I guess I couldn’t stay away from you, Jisoo-yah. Don’t worry, you won’t see me that often around, I take Korean classes as an optional course. I’m studying English here… with Miss Lee.” My voice echoed though the empty lecture theatre, as I walked towards the exit door.

“Is Chaerin here too ?”

“All your friends are here, Jisoo. I guess they forgot to tell you that they also got jobs at this university.”

“I don’t know what Chaerin did to you, but I’m married and I want you to stay away from me.”

“We’ll see about that.”

 

~Flashback~

3 months earlier, Seoul…

 

‘Jennie-yah, meet me at YG coffee shop in 10. I have some great news.’ I took my phone from the nightstand and read the text I just got. YG coffee shop ? Hmm… I wonder…

I quickly got my boots on and took my bag, before rushing out of my house and down the narrow alleys of the neighborhood I live in. After that day I last saw Jisoo at my graduation, Miss Lee volunteered to help me get to Paris. She didn’t tell me how she will do it, the only thing she told me is that she’ll be sure I’ll make it to France eventually.

“What took you so long to get here ?” Rosé said as she saw me entering the coffee shop.

“Sorry, traffic.”

“You don’t drive, Jennie.” She slapped my shoulder, receiving back a punch in her stomach from me, giggles from Miss Lee and some very frustrated looks from Lisa.

“Why did you want to see us, Chaerin? ... I mean, Miss Lee.” Lisa said with her arms crossed to her chest, looking at the silvered hair teacher looking through some files. She handed the three of us one of the files, each of them being written in French and having a big red stamp mark that said ‘ACCEPTÉ’ across the whole piece of paper.

“You guys got accepted at this university in Paris. Awesome school, great teachers, located in the heart of Paris and on top of that, you will study English with me because I got a job there so you’ll have courses and lectures with me almost

Please log in to read the full chapter