Bitter Reality

The Winding Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai was nervously rifling through his clothes creating leaving destruction all across the floor. Didn't he know what he was to wear to the exhibition formal? semi-formal? casual? There were so many options, and he threw his final piece of clothing on the floor. He lay on his bed checking the clock, and realized he only had an hour before he was supposed to be ready. He spotted the navy blue with white tiny little white polka dots dress shirt on the floor, and he shook his head. He spotted his slim white chinos on the floor, so he decided he'd go semi-casual. He just looked at himself and shook his head once he put it all on.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, had already picked his outfit last night. He was going to wear a nice white button up, slim black chinos, and some nice black dress shoes. He wanted to keep it simple, but classy. It was a gallery exhibition, so he assumed the place would call for a little more formal wear. His heart thumped in his chest at the thought of seeing Kai wear something a little more formal. He'd only ever seen the guy in loose long sleeves, and plaid flannels. He had the fashion of an old dad, and yet he looked so cute in everything he's ever worn.

When the time finally came for the two to meet there was a glorious silence. Kyungsoo knocked on Kai's door, and when they looked at each other it was like a spell was cast around them. It was like fireworks were exploding in the background, and birds were flying around them, cupid had hit his mark, but that wasn't really the case. They were simply so intoxicated by each other's presence, and couldn't even find the words to say. Kai gave a soft cough and handed him his ticket into the gallery.

"Should we go?" Kyungsoo gently took hold of his hand and led him out.

The bus ride was quiet, but not the kind of quiet either of the two disliked. Kai didn't want to admit it at all, but he felt warmth surging through his whole body. His hand in his own just felt...right.

When they finally got off the train and got to the exhibit Kai didn't imagine he would love it all. There was this gorgeous landscape painting of Jeju island, and a painting Seongsan Sunrise Peak. It was all so unreal, and Kai was immersed in all of it. His eyes as wide resembling two full moons and his smile never fading. Kyungsoo's eyes never left him, and he fell in love all over again. He didn't know what was so special about this kid, but it just felt right. It all just felt like everything made sense.

After they left the gallery the breeze softly swept past the two, and everything around them went silent. They just strolled down to the bus station, and when they got there they just went through the same routine. When they got off and made it back to the school's entrance Chen was waiting there for them.

"Hey, can I talk to you in private?" Chen pointed at Kyungsoo, and Kai nodded and let go of his hand, The warmth left his body. He frowned, but Kyungsoo kissed his cheek to assure him it was fine.

They walked a good five feet away from Kai, and Chen's heart was already beginning to slow down. He didn't want to have to tell Kyungsoo, but he had to.

"Kyungsoo the scouts aren't from Korean industries, they are from America." He looked at his dear from who chuckled a little.

"No, you must have gotten the wrong information-" 

"KYUNGSOO IF YOU GET SCOUTED THEY'LL BE TAKING YOU TO AMERICA." He ripped it off like a band aid, and the veins popped from his neck.

"I just began to get closer to Kai what do I tell him?" He looked back at Kai who waved at him with a smile, and he gave him a lopsided smile.

Kyungsoo went back to Kai, but when they got back to his room. Kai could see how tense he was, his shoulders locked, wrist tightened, fingers gripped a little too tight around his own. He looked at him straight in the eyes, and he saw hesitation in them. They seem to want to wander elsewhere, but the singer forced them to looked straight at him.

"Is everything okay?" He leaned into him, and Kyungsoo wrapped his arms around him gently.

"I just love you is all," He softly kissed his forehead, and then gently grazed his lips against his. He then pulled back and scratched the back of his neck awkwardly. Kai let out a cough.

"I'll see you soon okay?" Kai smiled as he slowly shut his down, and pressed his back up against it his heart thumping against his chest.

Kyungsoo sat at the little theatre piano lost as to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter