From Dough To Bread

The Winding Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"WHY IS HE HERE?!" Kyungsoo almost caused an earthquake in the nurse's office, but Kai quickly grabbed his wrist from where he still lay.

"I was told to come here by your friend Kai?" he walked up towards the bed, and Kyungsoo kept his gazed fixed on the boy. He was burning holes through the poor guy.

"Baekhyun what's your relationship with Chanyeol?" he asked softly, obviously still weak from the beating he took.

"Well, we were really close childhood friends." he answered, and then Kai stood up, and slowly got out of his bed fumbling a little.

"You must know that he likes you then, or did you not catch that?" He almost toppled over, but Kyungsoo quickly caught him, and Baekhyun tilted his head.

"Did Chanyeol do this to you because he likes me?" Kai gave a slight nod, and Baekhyun rubbed the tumble of his head soothingly.

Kyungsoo sat Kai back in bed, and he looked at Baekhyun's pained expression. He looked like he was trying to figure out how to solve the situation, so no one else would have to get hurt, but he couldn't figure it out. It was like he was going in circles in his head. His eyes softened at Kai's fragile body lying in the nurse's bed, and then his gaze fixed itself on the floor. It's easier to look down when the weight of the world is on your shoulders. 

"Did you think he was cute back then?" Kyungsoo asked him, and he snapped back to reality in seconds.

"Well, I mean a little bit-"

"Didn't you write that song about him?" Kyungsoo looked him dead in his eyes.

"I don't know what you mean, I-"

Kyungsoo punched him in his face, and Kai shot up from his bed. He didn't know what Kyungsoo was doing, but he needed to stop it. His heart raced as he saw him push the poor boy up against the wall. The nurse nowhere in sight, and Baekhyun's sweat small trails that started at his forehead and went down his reddened cheeks.

"You loved him, but you tried for Amber admit it." he let him go, and Baekhyung looked at him with a soft gaze.

"My parents expect me to marry a girl, so what am I to do?" he asked, and then it happened.

Kyungsoo scooped the guy into a gentle hug and pat him on the back. He then brushed the dust off his shoulders and looked at him with eyes filled with shimmer like a fluorescent bulb of light. His fingers gently smoothed out the boy's hair, and a small smile painted itself on his lips. Kyungsoo knew the feeling all too well, the denial, and the meeting standards. The internal war he must have been fighting for years, and so maybe for this moment, he'd let him know they aren't enemies.

"No one determines your future but yourself." He told him, and he looked back at Kai. His heart skipped a beat at the sight of the boy. He had been denying himself long enough. 

"I'll fix this." Baekhyun almost dashed out only thing in mind being the tall giant.

Kai looked at the boy who had seemed so cold before, but now all that radiated from him was this warm light. As if all the darkness he hauled around with him had been cast away, and now all that was left was him. The boy that everyone has been trying to bring out for a long time. He held the baker's hand like they were the only two people that existed in the world. He looked into his eyes, and they shared a million silent secrets in that one exchange. That all the problems they had before were non-existent, and they could start over from step one. That's what they were both telling each other just by gazing into each other's eyes.

"I'm sorry for before." He gently kissed his palm, and it sent shivers down the boy's spine. A soft shade of pink spread across his cheeks.

"It's okay what's past is past." He felt the fatigue hitting him, but he didn't want this moment to end. He wanted to savior it because everything didn't seem so bad with the singer by his side. He didn't know why, but his troubles seemed to vanish with him here.

"You can say that again." The image of Amber flashed in his head. Her short blonde hair, and bright smile. He took another glance at the now sleeping figure of Kai and smiled.

It's Time To Begin Again With Him...

"I'm fine now really." He was whipping up a meringue mixture with ease, but Xiummin was looking at him with pure concern. He was stuck to his side like a puppy, and it made him chuckle all the time.

It had been a week since the beating he got from Chanyeol and his gang, and yet he didn't stop getting suffocated with care. Xiumin brought him smoothies every morning, Chen played piano for him after school, and Kyungsoo kept staying late hours in his room. The singer also kept bringing in his laptop so they could watch musicals together, and he would sing along to every single song. It was like a little kid had taken over the once cold soul, but he got such enjoyment at watching the boy dance around like a hooligan while s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter