Everything Is Wrong

The Winding Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai opened his door gingerly, letting the boy in with a lopsided smile. The atmosphere turned a bit uncomfortable for the boy, but Kyungsoo couldn’t notice it. He was just staring at the boy in awe, and all his walls were crumbling. Every single brick just toppled over with each passing moment. He sat himself on his bed, and Kai sat on the opposite end. He scooched over a bit, but then stopped himself when he saw the lad slide away to keep the distance the same. He decided it was time to swallow his pride as he cleared his throat awkwardly, and the sound pierced through the dead silent room.

“I’m sorry for suddenly hurting you, and walking off.” His eyes stared into the ground avoiding the boy’s face all together, but the tanner boy lips parted in satisfaction at the apology.

“It’s okay. I accept your apology.” He chuckled seeing the doe eyed boy pout like a little baby, and honestly the boy looked nice with a smile on his face.

Within the next few hours all they did was just talk, and the awkwardness died out. The room filled with soft chuckles, light comedy, and minor flirting from Kyungsoo. Kai was too oblivious to catch on, and Kyungsoo didn’t even think that what he was doing was flirting. It was never silent after the apology, and both enjoyed each small topic. 

“You sing?” he cupped his hands over his mouth and muffled his shock. He didn’t even think this guy would be a singer, maybe drawing suited him more.

“I can do more than sing.” He teased the boy, and Kai felt his cheeks heat up. He turned himself around to grab a bottle of water.

Wtf did you just blush?

“You don’t look like a baker at all, you look more like a dancer.” He joked half-heartedly, and Kai looked at him quite curious. “Your skin is a little tanned, and you have a well-built body, more like a dancer body.” He explained to him, and the boy was still confused.

Kai hadn’t really thought much of it, his dad worked as a mechanic, so in turn he helped his dad with that hard labor a lot. He had some muscle to him, but he never thought it was anything worthwhile. The way Kyungsoo was ogling his arms was giving them a lot of value. The boy was stilled turned around in embarrassment, so he couldn’t see how much Kyungsoo was eyeing those arms of his. His eyes traced down to something else, and he quickly shook his head, and came back to reality. He denied ever looking down there, and the guilt trickled down his spine for a moment.

Kyungsoo caught a glimpse of the red that appeared on the boy’s cheeks before he had turned around, and his heart ran around in his chest. He felt like his heart was on a pole vault team the way it jumped for joy. He calmed it down at once, but then Kai turned back around, and his heart started jittering all over again. He could feel sparks moving throughout his body at every little cute thing the boy did. The way his light chuckles sounded as heavenly as moonlight sonata played on piano. The way his eyes would shine like fireflies when he would talk about going to study abroad for baking, but he frowned of the thought of the boy leaving. Not to mention that gummy smile when he thought something was hilarious, and the way he held his chest as if it was about to explode from laughing too hard.

As day turned to night it was as if the stranger title was never even there to begin with. They kept on talking as if they had been friends for years, and both boys kept wanting keeping talking. It was as if a child was holding onto his mother’s hand in fear of getting separated from her. There chat lasted through till midnight, and with one extensive yawn Kyungsoo got up from the bed.

“I guess I should go, now right?” He opened the door, and his new friend felt his heart sink a little. He felt a little sad hearing that question, but he didn’t know why.

“Goodnight, I’ll see you tomorrow?’ He tilted his head looking at the singer, and he just grinned.

“Of course, you’ll see me, you’re going to miss me.” He teased, and ran out the door leaving a flustered Kai alone in hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter