The Cookie Crumbles

The Winding Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo had no idea where he should start to search. Where would he even go? What would Xiumin do all on his own? He decided he’d go to the only person that might be able to help him, and he prayed she had some information to help him out.

“Sorry, I have nothing for you Kyungsoo.” Jessi was typing away on her laptop, and the circles under her eyes screamed that she hadn’t gotten much sleep in a while.

“No camera’s around the school campus, in any of the classrooms, nothing?” She stopped typing and slumped back in her chair closing her eyes painfully.

“There are camera’s, but I can’t let you look at the footage I’m sorry.” He stood up from his chair ready to leave. His eyes soften to sad crescents, and she caught glimpse of them in a heartbeat.

“Thanks anyways Jessi.” He was about to walk out, but then-

“I can look at the footage.” She gazed at the young student, and he almost jet back to his seat in front of her.

Baekhyun watched the boy at work in pure amazement. It was like he was a kid watching fireworks, and his eyes would widen every time Kai simply mixed things around in a bowl.  The baker got bored waiting for his goods to be done, so he thought of a fun way to pass the time. He shoved his hand in the bag of flour and blew it right at the unsuspecting boys face. He began to violently cough as his heart raced a bit at the sudden attack.

“What was that for?” He couldn’t hold back a laugh.

“Just a little bored.” He snuck an egg into his grasp as he stepped forward, but right before he was about to crack it Baekhyun stopped him, and gently snatch the egg out of his hand.

“My turn.” He cracked it over the baker’s head and thus began an all-out war.

The two boys were completely unaware that somewhere close by was a boy. A boy with a camera, and a phone. He was getting everything they were doing on camera. The stranger watched as the two boy’s lips were a mere piece of paper apart, and he found himself gripping his camera harshly. He left off ready to wreak havoc on the baker’s life.

Kyungsoo was lost in thought about Amber. He remembered how she would always bake cookies, cupcakes, tarts, and more all just for him. Every time he ate one it was like he was knocking on heaven’s gate. He savored every little bit like it was going to be his last. At the thought of it his heart sank, and he slumped further down into his chair. When he had lost her he stopped liking sweets, and found them hard to swallow. No one’s baking was as magical as her…that was until he met Kai.

“Hey! Did you hear me?” She threw a pen at him causing him to jolt up like a rocket. His adrenaline pumped as he on his feet in seconds.

“I’m sorry I was daydreaming.” He slowly sat himself back in the chair.

“Well, your friend was last seen heading West after exiting the campus gate.” She said as she slammed her head back down on her desk.

“Thank you! Get some sleep Jessi.” He said as a smile spread across his face as he jet out the door in record time.

Most mornings you wake up to a calm peaceful bird chirping a lovely song.  At least that’s what they do in most shows to show how great someone’s life is. Now Kai never woke up to any kind of birds chirping a beautiful song, nor did he wake up peacefully today at all. He woke up to something that was a form of tweeting you could say.

Baekhyun the world-renowned artist, and Kai the school’s best baker secret romance.

The headline for the school’s newspaper sent shivers down the boy’s spine. There was a picture of him standing a mere inch away from Baekhyun. They had really made the image look like they were lovers, and he felt his heart sink into chest. He never wanted to be known as the school’s best baker, and now this? He didn’t know what he was going to do now. He paced back and forth in his dorm room. He tried to think about how he could clear up this misunderstanding. If he just avoided Baekhyun it would go away right? He thinks it’s a genius idea.

Baekhyun saw him making his way to the bakery in the early morning, and the baker immediately began to speed up his pace. He didn’t dare turn his head, and he could hear the boy jogging up to him. He didn’t ask for this, and he just wanted to blend in when he came to this school. He didn’t know Baekhyun had the popularity he does. He could hear him yelling out for him, but he didn’t let it faze him.

“Hey! What did I do wrong? I’ll make sure the newspaper go away don’t worry.” He grabbed him by the shoulder, and Kai impulsively slapped him.

“Don’t touch me, don’t talk me, and for the love of god don

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter