Cream and frosting

The Winding Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo opened the door to his room And found Chen still in his bed. He was tightly rolled in the sheets, and if you wanted to you could cut him up like pieces of sushi. Chen stirred in the bed revealing that he was indeed awake. 

"Where is he?" Chen came out of the blankets he burrito wrapped himself in.

"He's at a café not too far from here." Kyungsoo didn't have to say much after that. Chen had paved to the door, but before walking out he hugged his dead friend.

"Thank you." His heart didn't feel as heavy anymore, and his eyes weren't as blue as before. Chen felt lighter now. 

"Go talk to him?" he kicked his friend out of his bed and saw him wail around on the floor.

Chen couldn't admit it, but this all was his mess. He led the boy on, and so he would face it head on. Chen now thinking about it deeply should have paid attention to him more. The boy was by his side ever since they first met.

It just a year back when they had both been accepted into the school. It was a cool autumn day, and the leaves had just begun to fall off a couple of the trees around the entrance way. Xiumin came down the walkway all doe eyed, and blood rushing to his head. The world around him was almost unreal, and when he entered the halls Chen was a little baffled. He would never forget how this guy walked in and always smiled. He saw him smile during class when the teacher was lecturing about the most boring topics, and even when final exams came around. The boy just always smiled in his presence like he was blessed as soon as the singer walked into the room.

During that time Chen barely noticed, but he's had so much time to think. He thought about how Xiumin would always drag him to the piano room to hear him sing, and play the piano. The way he'd just sit and listen to him until he got tired. He hadn't been doing that the last few months, and that should have been a sign that something was wrong. That Xiumin was drifting, upset, or sad. Chen knew he needed to fix this, but he didn't have a single clue how he should explain himself. He had no excuse...

Kai's heart raced at every little footstep behind him. He was terrified to turn around and find anyone of the giants, but he was more terrified if he was to turn around and see Baekhyun. He wanted to just exist at this school and fly by. He didn't want to make a name for himself here, but here was a complete somebody when he wanted to just be a nobody. 

He jumped at the sound of the first bell and rushed off to his class not wanting to look up or turn around. The horrifying devilish smiled would flash in his head every time his mind was empty. When the class had begun someone had run in right before the tardy bell rang. 

"Finally decide to come to class I see Kyungsoo?" the teacher chuckled as he handed the boy a detention slip. Kyungsoo's rolled his eyes as he stuffed it in his pocket. He took his seat by the one he's been missing for awhile now. 

Kai didn't speak, but he knew that the boy was eyeing him. He could feel his gaze on him, and he wanted to say something. He didn't know what he was supposed to say to him and when the bell finally rang he pulled Kyungsoo off to the side.

"Can we go to the theatre room?" his eyes gave a silent plea for help as his eyes looked redder than a crimson flame, and so the two skipped their next period.

When they arrived the baker just sat at the piano and gestured the musical genius to come over and sit. Kyungsoo felt his heart flutter in his chest a bit, like a nervous bird. He gave a small smile as he placed his hands gently on the keys. 

"Play anything, and just sing for me please?" He laid his head in the crook of Kyungsoo's neck, and his eyes widened at the sudden proximity.

Kyungsoo felt his entire body stiffen, and he didn't know why the other was being like this. He felt his palms begin to sweat as he tried to think of a song to play, but his mind was blank. His heart was just racing, and suddenly the image of Amber came into his head, but he fought it off. He looked at the beautiful boy beside him, and he for once he let go. He began to play a song he knew all too well, and Kai buried his head into the guy's shoulder.

Kai didn't want to admit it, but he felt so safe right now. His heart felt at ease, and his mind wasn't being attacked by constant thoughts that murdered his self-esteem. He was just relaxing, and every limb loosened. His smile painted itself on his lips at the first note the singer hit, and his heart swelled. He didn't know why it swelled and felt like it would burst like a bomb. He didn't fully understand what he was d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter