Your Baker

The Winding Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your skills are far beyond what I expected Kai." Amber took a bite out of almost every single thing he baked.

"Well, thanks that mean a lot." He was still trying to get over the little scene that played out before him, but he was having a hard time focusing.

"You want to know what happened between me and Kyungsoo right?" Kai's eyes widened and he shook his head, but she just smiled.

"I think you deserve to know what just happened." She put down her phone that she was making notes on, and looked at him with full focus.

Amber looked at the letter in her hand and sighed knowing she should take this opportunity. The air was thick around her as she looked up at the peak of the mountain, and she didn't know how to break it to him. It all was happening so soon, and she knew what would happen if Kyungsoo knew, and he wouldn't sit aside and agree to let her study abroad.

 

"Hey, I knew you'd be up here." Amber slipped the letter into her pocket and smiled.

"I come here when I can't think straight." Kyungsoo looked at her smile and fell in love all over again.

"Well, what is on your mind?" He wrapped his arms around her, and she closed her eyes.

"Just graduation, and what I'll do after." Her eye twitched a little and she tried to keep calm. 

The world around them went silent, and Kyungsoo looked at her like she was a delicate desert flower. The early morning sun shining above them, and the cool breeze whipping past them. Kyungsoo pressed his lips against her's and his heart beat raced in his chest. His hands pressed gently on her back, yet she didn't feel it back anymore. Amber felt she didn't deserve to feel the warmth that he engulfed her with. She knew in that moment she had to leave quietly.

The day after Amber graduated he'd gone to look for her on the school campus, but he couldn't find her. He was a lost dog roaming around the campus and he'd looked everywhere for her. She just vanished, but then Chen saw him roaming around. Chen stopped his friend and sat him down on a bench, but his leg fiddled around. He couldn't sit still, nothing made sense, and he was slowly losing a grip on reality. 

"Kyungsoo, she's gone...didn't you know?" Kyungsoo's head snapped as his gaze was fixed on his friend.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S GONE?" He gripped his friend by the collar of his shirt, and Chen threw up his hands.

"Kyungsoo, she's studying in Italy."  He let go of his friend, and rage quickly turned to emptiness.

The world went pitch black around him, and Chen's voice came into his ears muffled. His heart was slowly tearing itself apart, so now he was left with nothing. He was left alone, and he went mad with an obsession with being the best musician he could. He wore a poker face to hide all the pain he felt, his heart was left cracked, and his life was now in shambles. He barely ever spoke to anyone other than Chen and no one would ever get his walls to crumble. 

 

"Here's your letter to bring with you if you decide to go." She handed him the envelope still, he was in shock. He looked at it as if it was a plague and not the

Kyungsoo had been laying around in the theatre room working on the song he chose to cover. He hadn't remembered what time he started to practice, or when he ate, or when he will eat. He kept trucking along with his practice, classes no longer existed. He ran the song over and over again until the fatigue started to set in. His vision began to blur like a camera that was coming out of focus and he was beginning to sway. His heart rate was slowing and the room around him seemed to be closing in on him. His eyes shut, and his body thuds to the floor.

Everything was pitch black except for where he stood, and then someone else stood right in front of him. He didn't understand where he was, but he felt relaxed in this place. He looked at the figure, and he tried his best to figure out what this was all about. The last thing he remembered was feeling exhausted, and now he was here. In this dark emptiness with this man standing right in front of him.

"I can't believe what you're putting yourself through." The voice was familiar to Kyungsoo.

"You're my conscious?" He tilted his head walking closer to him, and he gave a nod.

"I didn't think you'd ever see me in this form." He shrugs and grabbed his shoulders.

"He was going to leave me just like Amber." He put his back to him, and the black haired boy softly giggled.

"Right now Kai is tending to your body,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter