4. A Deviously Good Baker Part 2

The Winding Road
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It wasn’t long before the entire school knew Jisoo as the one who baked the Mango Cream Cupcakes, and Kai kept himself in his dorm room locked away. He mindlessly kept flipping through his baking book, letting it distract him from his troubles.

Jessi heard of this Jisoo girl, but when she tasted the cupcake she made it wasn’t the same taste. There was something off about this cupcake, but Jessi didn’t know what. She picked up her phone and dialed the number quickly. It rang through a few times before the person picked up.

“Mr. Zhang I’ll need to meet with you now. I think someone as put wool over other’s eyes.” She blew the dust off her nails and twirled the phone cord around her finger.

“I’ll be there soon.” He answered and hung up immediately.

Jessi is no fool, but she believed this Jisoo girl is playing cards without a full deck. She knows exactly how to weed out the truth as well.

Xiumin knocked on Kai’s door, but no answer came. He felt his palms sweat, and he started to bang on the door harder until he finally heard a faint sound come from inside. He began to bang harder as he felt beads of sweat around his forehead. He felt seasick, but he wasn’t even walking around in the main building. His throat began to clench in discomfort, and then he heard the soft click of the lock. He felt his body tense as the knob jingled, and when the door finally swung open…

“THIS IS MY FAULT I’M SO SORRY! SHE KNEW BECAUSE OF ME! I TOLD HER!” Kai didn’t understand, but then it clicked. No one knew who made the cupcakes except for Xiumin since he was the only one in the room when he was baking. The other Culinary students didn’t come till after he had already made his new batches.

“It’ll be alright, things could be worse, but when did you tell her?” he pulled him into his room and sat him on his bed.

“Well, it started off when I went off into the forest area of the school to find my own little luxury spot.” He kept his head hung low and fiddled with his fingers.

 

“Hey.” Jisoo waved at him with a big grin.

“Sorry for disturbing.” He was about to walk out, but she spoke up.

“Stay, I was just about to look for you anyway.” She got up from where she was laying down and turned him around. “You know who made those Cupcakes, and I need to know who made them or else.”

“Or else what?” He puffed his chest out a little. He didn’t know who she thinks she is trying to blackmail him, but then she pulled out a photograph.

“This is a picture of you being all buddy with that dance major Luhan, you know, the one that has a girlfriend.” She softly smacked him on the cheek twice.

“His name is Kai, he’ll normally be in the Culinary room, if he’s not he’s in his dorm.” He watched her slip the photo back into her pocket, and walk past him. She had won the battle.

 

Kai just smiled and gave him a soft hug. A hug that let him know that he did what he had to do, so there are no hard feelings. Xiumin was drawn back by this action, he wasn’t mad at all? He thought that coming here, and admitting his betrayal would mean the end of their small bond they made. It didn’t faze Kai at all.

“She’s already taken credit, so not much else I can do now.” He gave a shrug and left it at that.

“We’ll talk tomorrow, maybe we can fix this somehow.” He fiddled with the sleeve of his long t shirt as he stepped out, and then finally closed the door.

Kai felt like a nobody at the moment, and suddenly that dream of studying abroad seems to have been pulled out of reach, like a loose tooth from a youngsters mouth. The quick pinch of pain almost the same as getting a baby tooth pulled, but he knew this wasn't the end of the world. He slowly closed his eyes opting to just ignore the world around him as he faded into a deep slumber.

The next day was the first day of school, and Jis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter