TWELVE: FEAR

Pick Me [나야나]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The young 18 year old me
  Full of dreams and hope
  The one who said he’d earn and give everything to his parents 3 years have gone
  And it’s still the same as before
  As time goes by
  It seems it’s getting smaller
  Felt pressure from my mum and dad’s
  Good words
  The young negative me got angry at my mum
  Truthfully I knew
  All those words for me
  I’m sorry for complaining
  I’ll make you walk a flower path

---Kim Tae-Min [Produce101 Position Evaluation] -FEAR

Kim Taemin:

Five years ago,

I came to my parents, fighting my idealism with them. I insisted on going to Australia to continue my study. to catch the dreams i've dreamt before of being an architect. I applied and got the freaking scholarship to UNSW, the most reknown college in the World. With all the idealism could ever think of, I fought the idea of keeping me in South Korea, the ideal of all old Koreans. I fought and won the table to keep the scholarship. I knew, It would be hard leaving the neighborhood, I've been growing up until now but, I  know it would be nice to have lot's of new people around you at your new place.

Eight years ago I was mad at my parents for not letting me to go there. in the end i raised my voice and be angry at them. for them to send me to Australia. I never thought of not be able to go home. letting all my family drown in the sea of thoughts. 5 years, i haven't had the chance of meeting my family, letting them to worry alone about me. I finished my bachelor degree after a struggle on my own big mouth. I work 4 part time jobs, work at the library and working on my Thesis. i barely have enough sleep. saving up for living, tuition, and also apartment. the struggle is so real.
 

I was thinking i could live here for the rest of my life. but, after i worked hard enough to keep me alive, I didn't think twice to buy a ticket back to Korea as soon i finished my thesis and worked here for a year; I would definitely be there for good. I knew that's a hard choice to stay apart from my parents in Korea. but they promised to send money while i look for a steady work and living in Perth.

"Hyung, I missed you," I said during a video call with Jisung hyung.

"I thought Perth is nice. you haven't called in a month, Taemin ah," Jisung hyung said with a smile.

"It's nice. But, I gotta work hard and study hard. I missed hanging out with, Jonghyun and you the most," I whined.

"Bear with it, Kim Taemin. It's just temporary, you said you want this," Jisung hyung woke me up from the dreams.

"Remember you always tell us that it was your dream to move to Perth. We'll visit you," Jonghyun who appeared magically on the video call said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter