The Thinking

Till I Reach Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria sat in her office, her meeting over long ago. The chinese's head was hanging from the chair's back, her hand throwing a foam ball to the wall for the millionth time in the last two hours.

 

The last thing she knew about Krystal was that she landed safely and was getting to her hotel. She must've been busy because she wasn't answering her texts back.

 

Victoria was bored beyond imagination.

 

"Hey, are you done brooding or you're just gonna spend the rest of the day here?". The chinese turned around to find Amber leaning on the door frame of her office. "Leave me alone". The older half whispered, a little embarassed someone caught her playing. "Well, your glass walls aren't really helping friend". Victoria rolled her eyes, throwing the foam ball to the tomboy.

 

"Yah! wait- isn't this from the balls Suho thought were 'disstressing'?"

 

"It's a foam ball, it's supposed to be". 

 

"At least one of us found a good use for it". Victoria chuckled. "What do you want?".

 

"Just checking up on you boss. Why are you all sulky?".

 

The chinese sighed. "I'm not, sulky". 

 

"You're".

 

"I'm gonna be mad and so much with you if you don't stop". 

 

"Aha, and then? Just spill". 

 

"Ugh fine. Krystal is in a business trip and I'm bored. There".

 

"Oh". Amber raised her eyebrows. "Your 'wife' ". Victoria looked at her friend confused. "Yeah, 'my wife' " She mocked the girl in front of her. "What's with the tone though".

 

"Oh nothing". Amber looked away, suddenly giving attention to her nails. "I swear Amber, you're making me roll my eyes so much today it actually hurts. As you'd say: 'just spill' ". 

 

"Okay, I just kinda know there's some weird between you and Krystal going on because she was your girlfriend out of nowhere and you married in no time aaaaand I didn't know about it even if I'm one of your best friends but I mean-". She pouted, still looking away. "That's fine, you wanted to keep it all secret. That's fine. Don't see the point but that's fine". She shrugged.

 

"Amber, it's-".

 

"Let me guess: complicated. I mean yeah, it's fine". 

 

Victoria laughed. "Stop saying that!". 

 

"But it's true!. Listen, I won't ask nor I want you to explain any further. It's fine, I mean, I'm still a little touchy on the subject but I'll let it be. Not my bussines".

 

"If you use 'it's fine' or 'I mean' one more time-". 

 

"Seriously? I just gave you my blessing and that's all you have to say?". 

 

"It's been months since I married I don't need your blessing". Amber looked at her friend with that 'I so want to kill you right now' look. "Anyway, you seem to actually be missing her so, we can talk about it if you want". 

 

"Miss her? That's was she wishes". The chinese chuckled while her friend looked at her puzzled.

 

"It's, it's a joke between us but anyway I, actually don't want to?. I just kind of have a lot on my head right now that needs to be ... tought". Victoria replied, swinging her chair from side to side. "Okay, got it. No talking, but are you sure the office is the best place for that?".  Amber asked, leaning on her own chair before throwing the ball back to the owner. "As weird as it is, this place gives me a clear perspective. Also I think I've figured out a lot of what I wanted".

 

"You think?".

 

"Maybe?". Victoria leaned back and looked up. "Though you might be right, what time is it?". 

 

Amber looked up to the clock behind her friend. "5:15. And right on what?". The chinese sat straight, looking around for her phone: still no replies. Good, no distractions, she turned it off, tapping her fingers against her desk before standing up. "I might need to be somewhere else. Maybe that's why I'm so restless". The older gattered her things. "Good talk Am, thanks". She said goodbye before going around her friend.

 

"Good talk? Hey! Don't leave me alone!"

 

__________________________________

 

"Hi". Victoria looked down, a thin, small smile on her face. "I'm sorry I didn't come to see you sooner. A lot of things have been going on". The chinese kneeled and sat. "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about". 

 

Victoria looked down at her hands, admiring the flower bouquet before placing it in front of Luna's gravestone. With a heavy sigh, she looked up. "I've been so confused with myself lately". With a careful touch, the chinese took between her fingers the necklace Luna gave her a long time before. "I'm sure you remember I told you I got married". Rolling her eyes to herself, she chuckled. "Of course you would, who could forget something like that?. I'll stop rambling now, sorry".

 

She was proud of herself though, she managed to visit Luna without breaking down. Probably because of what she wanted to say, was her heart changing?. "Soojung she- I. I haven't felt like this in a long time. And I've been thinking about it ... a lot". Unconsciously, she started playing with the pendant. "And after some time I realized I really like her. Took me a lot admit it but, I like her, more than a friend". 

 

A small smile appeared on her face. "I'm not sure what you'd say. That's why I'm here". She bit her lip. "I know most of the time I come I ask you if you'd like me to move on. But now that I really want to do it, it scares me a little". Taking a deep breath, she looked up again. "All of this is a little new to me. That and the fact that I also think I have feelings for her". 

 

Wow, saying that out loud sounded weird.

 

"I'm- I'm going to try. I want to take the risk". This time, a full but a little sad smile made its way to her face. "That's all I wanted to say".

 

Victoria stood up, cleaning the dust from her pants. Taking a last glance at the gravestone before her, she kissed her hand and touched the stone for a couple of seconds before turning around.

 

What she didn't expect was to find Luna's sister in front of her.

 

"Jinyoung?". 

 

__________________________________

 

Krystal fell face flat in bed. Apparently there were three meetings scheduled for the next two days, not one (she wasn't surprised). That only left her a few minutes to get her suitcase to her room and take a car with Eunji to the company not far away from their hotel. 

 

Not to mention the fact that Kai was in the meeting. Apparently, his uncle asked him along to represent their company for learning and practicing pursposes, or so the man said, company

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter