The Make Up

Till I Reach Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria walked around the market, throwing things to the shopping cart with a frown on her face. Her day had been a bunch of crap and the only thing she wanted was to get home and have a nice dinner. Walking through the corridors she tried to calm herself breathing deeply. She's had bad days like everyone but this one was too much, usually she would hold her temper and manage things like that. 

 

 

Victoria didn't like to be rude just because of her temper. The woman stopped in her tracks. She didn't like to be rude just because of her temper. Victoria let out a sigh, laying her head in the handle of the cart.

 

 

"I'm such an "

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

Krystal sat curled up in the living room, head resting on her legs. 

 

 

Her day was worse than she expected but nobody seemed to notice it, she acted as if everything was okay. Krystal tried so hard to seem strong in front of everyone but slowly she was reaching her breaking point. The younger started to feel her eyes watering, the last thing she imagined was Victoria judging her just like everyone does and getting angry for the smallest thing. Krystal let her tears run in her face, she was alone and nobody would notice after all.

 

 

She heard the front door cracking slowly and quickly wiped her tears, hiding her face between her legs and trying to go back to her usual expressionless self. The younger felt the couch shift, looking up to find her wife. Victoria wanted to apologize the moment she saw the younger but noticed Krystal's red eyes, worring immediately.

 

 

The Chinese sat closer, Krystal looked too vulnerable for Victoria's liking. "Were you crying?". The younger woman shook her head, hiding her face again. "Soojung ... don't lie to me".

 

 

Krystal sniffed feeling her eyes water again. If she looked at Victoria to the eyes she was sure she'd start to cry. "Soojung ... look at me, please". Victoria slowly lifted the latter's face. Krystal breathed deeply not letting her tears flow, she looked down again and felt her wife closer. "It's okay, let it out". Krystal tried to get a hold of herself but broke the second she heard the older's voice. "I'm here, I won't let go".

 

 

The younger Jung started crying for real this time, Victoria wasted no time wrapping her arms around the other as Krystal hid her face on her neck. The Chinese just sat there, holding her wife and whispering soothing words every time she heard the sobs go louder. The younger could hear Victoria's heartbeat, calming her in a certain way.

 

 

After some minutes Krystal managed to stop crying, not letting go of her wife. Victoria enveloped her closer, resting her chin on the younger's head. "Are you okay?". 

 

 

Krystal nodded. "Sorry, I'm not normally like this". She sighed. "It's fine, you want to talk about it?". The younger shook her head. "It's better to let it out Soojung".

 

 

"How do you know."

 

 

"Because I've done that before, and keeping things to yourself will only make it difficult".

 

 

Victoria looked at Krystal as if encouraging her to talk, the younger sighed leaning towards her and buring her face in the older's neck once again. "It's nothing. I just- sometimes I feel this is too much".

 

 

Victoria listened carefully, not interrupting the younger. "You've asked me a couple of times why is my behavior like this right?". Krystal closed her eyes. "Everyone expects a lot from me, my family, my teachers... sometimes even my friends and I hate so much how everyone  makes me the center of attention. No matter what I do even if it's good, it seems to be not enough".

 

 

Victoria caressed her hair softly. "It hurt at the beginning hearing all those bad comments about me so I started to ignore everyone's opinion but even if I do that, I can't help but feel torn up. I thought that maybe if I distracted myself from everything, things would get better, so I started to go partying, dating people to have fun and forget just for a little moment from everyone else, but it gets lonelier and lonelier. Sometimes I don't think I can handle it anymore". 

 

 

Victoria didn't thought the younger was struggling this much, it hurt her seeing Krystal like this. The younger woman always appeared to be strong and careless but now she was too vulnerable and the gleam in her eyes gone somewhere. 

 

 

She thought carefully on the matter, after all she didn't want to scare away Krystal if she chose the wrong words. "You're not lonely anymore Soojung. You have me". 

 

 

Krystal side smiled. "You won't be able to get rid of critics. You're going to have an important role in your family's company one day. People might criticize you to make you feel bad but at the end they're just jealous of you". The older paused, she wanted to let Krystal know she was much more than what she thought of herself. "You may think everyone expects too much from you but I say they think highly of you, not because of who you are but because they know your abilities and what you're capable of". She looked at the younger. "Don't let anyone make you feel down without your permission".

 

 

Krystal felt as if she just lifted a weight from her shoulders. She never tried to talk about it with anyone, she didn't want to be a burden. That was why she was keeping it all to herself. But she was human, like everyone else

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter