The One Who Got Away

Till I Reach Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Krystal walked through the corridors of the Company, receiving bows from everyone she walked past. The younger Jung had been doing in advance all her assignments to concentrate in her work, even Sulli had asked her for some projects to use as her guide and her family seemed pretty satisfied of her work.

 

 

The heiress opened the door to her office and sat in the sofa, letting out a sigh. She couldn't help but think about Victoria, although things were going great between them, the later had been acting weird the past few days. She got distracted many times while talking and avoided having any company after, somehow she seemed sad in Krystal's eyes. 

 

 

And the heiress hated it. She had asked a few times what was wrong but Victoria assured everything was fine and avoided her again. She hated not having the same Victoria around everyday. Krystal even asked Jessica for help, but the older only said Victoria would be back to normal in a few days. She had to find a way to cheer her up.

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

Victoria typed in her laptop, checking the schedule and planning for the Promise project when Jessica entered her office. The blonde closed the door behind her and took a sit in front of her best friend. "Drop it". Victoria didn't bother to look up. "Drop what?"

 

 

"Something is bothering you I can tell. Also, Krystal asked me to talk with you, she's worried that you've been avoiding her and she doesen't know what to do".

 

 

"..."

 

 

"Vic ... "

 

 

"Nothing".

 

 

"I don't buy your lies"

 

 

Victoria finally looked up from her computer, meeting Jessica's eyes. The Chinese inhaled deeply before she started to talk. "Yesterday ... it's been three years since she's gone". She said quietly.

 

 

"Oh ... so you've been thinking about it?". The older nodded. "I miss her too, we all do".

 

 

"..."

 

 

"It will be fine Vic, you have to let her go. I'm sure she's happy wherever she is".

 

 

"Easy for you to say". Jessica looked at her friend. "I'm sorry but it will be alright, really. Why don't you take the rest of the day?"

 

 

"And be left alone with my thoughts?. No thanks".

 

 

"Take the day, you'll thank me later".

 

 

"Jessica ...".

 

 

"Get out, now". The blonde pointed at the glass door. Victoria rolled her eyes, taking her jacket and doing as she was told.

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

The Chinese opened the door to an empty home. The truth was, she wasn't avoiding Krystal because something was wrong between them but because she didn't want the younger to ask questions. Victoria wasn't ready to tell her yet about the reason why these days were so difficult to her. She walked straight to her office, looking for her favorite book and took out a photo. It was taken few years back, when she and her girlfriend Luna celebrated their 100 day together and Luna gifted her the necklace she never took off.

 

 

Victoria took the golden musical note between her fingers, staring at Luna's face. She put the photo back to its place and stopped herself from crying, realizing a sigh. "Oh God".

 

 

__________________________________

 

 

She swore it was the first time her heart beat that fast. Victoria almost thought she was having a heart attack at the sight of such a beautiful girl. The Chinese and her best friend were heading out of the drama department after recollecting some ideas for their promotional project when someone bumped into her, both falling to the ground. Victoria was about to start complaining when she looked up to find a pair of brown orbs staring at her. "Oh damn it. I'm so sorry, are you okay?". The red haired girl asked, worried. The Chinese wanted to speak, really, but made no sound.

 

 

"I think she's fine, right Victoria?". Jessica asked, helping her friend to get up. "I- I, y-yeah, I'm fine, you?". The other giggled, causing Victoria to smile. "I wouldn't be asking you if I wasn't". 

 

 

Victoria noticed all the papers on the ground. "Oh! Let me help you-". The Chinese kneeled at the same time as the girl, bumping their heads. Both held their foreheads out of instinct and started to laugh.

 

 

"You're quite clumsy aren't you?". She asked Victoria.

 

 

"Not normally". She smiled again, handing the papers to the girl. 

 

 

"Thank you". She looked between the entrance and Victoria, hesitant. "I'm sorry, I have to go now". Victoria nodded fast. "Bye". The redhead said, waving her hand.

 

 

"What was that?". Jessica asked confused by her best friend's attitude. "I don't know". Victoria replied, a big smile plastered on her face. 

 

 

__

 

 

After that day, Victoria looked everywhere for the girl, regreting immediately not asking her name.

 

 

All she knew was that said girl studied in the drama department after remembering the papers she helped her with were actually a script.

 

 

Victoria walked tired around campus after searching all day. Not far from her, she spotted Amber in one of the study tables, she was glad to find someone who surely had water or food with her. The Chinese was about to start running when she noticed Amber was not alone. Victoria hid behind a tree near them and realized the tomboy was talking to the red haired beauty she'd been looking for. After some minutes, the girl looked at the watch in her wrist and left.

 

 

Victoria ran to Amber's table before the tomboy could go. "Amber!". She shouted, causing the other to yelp in surprise. "Vic, god you scared me there". She chuckled.

 

 

"Hey!". The older caught her breath. "Who-Who was the girl that was sitting here with you?".

 

 

"Her? ah, she's Luna. We met at the beggining of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter