The Valentine's Day

Till I Reach Your Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Victoria got out from the bus, coffee in hand. After some days she felt actually better, Krystal had been of help of course, the younger did everything she could to cheer her up. She even attempted to make breakfast this morning, but made a complete mess almost burning the kitchen.

 

 

The Chinese took the elevator, waiting for the door to open in the fifth floor, the Company had several floors to themselves but the fifth was where the main office could be found. Victoria walked to the hallway in her right, followed by the one that led to their place of work. She almost spat the coffee in when she entered the place. "AMBER!!!".

 

 

The tomboy appeared from nowhere in front of Victoria. "Yes boss?". The older looked at her. "What's with all these decorations? An-And why is my office covered in hearts?".

 

 

"It's Valentines Day!".

 

 

"Amber today's 13th!"

 

 

"Come on Qian! Join the loving spirit. We never put decorations around since you were bitter about that topic. But now that you're married I thought 'why not?' ". Victoria had a blank expression on her face. "Vic! It took hours! Please don't make me take them down". The older sighed. "Fine". the Chinese walked past Amber, who had a fist in the air as a sign of victory.

 

 

The tomboy followed after some seconds and kept her pace with the older. "How are things with Henry?". Victoria asked, taking a sip from her cup. "Well, after our heated argument at the conference room we talked and ... i decided to give him an opportunity". 

 

 

"Finally!". The chinese laughed. "Yah!."

 

 

"Do you have plans with him?". 

 

 

"We will go watch a movie and then to the park. How about you?".

 

 

"Hhm?". Victoria raised an eyebrow. "Yeah, do you have any plans with Krystal?".

 

 

"Oh, that". Victoria motioned her head as if she understood what the other meant. "I don't know, we haven't talked about it". Amber looked at her suspicious. "I- I mean, we haven't talked about it but I'm planning on taking her on a date".

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

"Did you want to see me dad?". Krystal closed the office's door behind her. "Yes, come take a seat baby girl". Mr. Jung smiled. "Dad, don't call me that". Howard laughed.  "Don't complain, now let's get to the point. I wanted to see you because I was going to congratulate you. You've been doing amazing here sweetie, better than I thought".

 

 

"Thank you dad". The younger Jung smiled, proud of herself. "I see that you're keeping your word. You've done progress not only here at the Company but also in University so I think, you're ready to deal with a bigger challenge". Her father said. "Bigger challenge?". Mr. Jung nodded. "You are the heir of the Company dear, you've helped me out with some things but it's time for you to shine on your own". 

 

 

What did her father want?.

 

 

"We just signed a contract with a client who is looking forward to absorb a smaller Company. both of them produce cookies but the smaller one has gone bankrupt so they need their help immediately. You're going to be in charge of this contract".

 

 

"What? Dad I-"

 

 

"No buts darling, I'm confident you'll do well. If you're going to be the CEO one day, you'll have to manage all kinds of contracts, take decisions, administrate the Company and well ... it is not gonna be easy". 

 

 

"But dad-"

 

 

"Jung Soojung, I know you can do this. You can't say no". Krystal sighed. "O-Okay, I'll do it". Mr. Jung smiled, proud of his daughter's decision, while Krystal thought it was more like an obligation. "Good. Oh! And remember we have the annual Valentines dinner, I expect you to go with Victoria".

 

 

"Valentines dinner?". She asked, Krystal had in mind other plans, maybe taking the Chinese out for ice cream or going to the park to see the fireworks show. Previous years, she didn't attend that dinner at all. She didn't have anyone worthy to go with so she spent the evening at home. "Yes, you're married now, and it's Valentines!" He smiled. "Many people haven't met Qian yet, it's perfect for the associates to know her".

 

 

Krystal sighed, dissapointed "I'm gonna ask her".

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

The younger Jung decided to take the rest of the evening. She wanted to surprise the older by picking her up from E:WOO.

 

 

Lately, Krystal had been more than happy if she got to spend a lot of time with the older, she got so exited she felt weird. She didn't even know when did she start feeling like that. The younger Jung turned the car to the left and looked for a parking site in front of the entrance.

 

 

The heiress got out and leaned in the front of the vehicle, waiting for her wife to come out. If she wasn't mistaken, Victoria should end her work at 6 today.

 

 

Krystal waited and waited, the young woman looked at her phone checking the time.

 

 

6:15 pm

 

 

6:20 pm

 

 

6:25 pm. What was taking so long?.

 

 

The heiress sighed, what if Victoria left early?. Krystal shook her head, deciding to wait a little more. The younger Jung scrolled through her phone screen, opening the game she downloaded at work. Just after a few seconds, Krystal lost interest in her sorroundings and kept playing, it was so addictive she was level 15 already.

 

 

"Soojung?". A familiar voice distracted her from the game. The heiress looked up, finding the person she had been waiting for. "Hi!". Krystal replied, a smile forming on her lips. "What are you doing here?". Victoria asked, walking closer. "I wanted to surprise you".

 

 

"Well, you certainly did". The Chinese laughed. "Did you wait a lot?". 

 

 

"I thought you'd finish at six so it hasn't been long". Krystal replied, she didn't really mind. "It hasn't been long?. It's half an hour". Victoria said. 

 

 

"I don't mind! also, I didn't say I was coming". She smiled for the nth time. "I was thinking maybe ... we could go grab some ice cream?". Victoria nodded. "Okay, only if you're paying". 

 

 

"That was my plan". The heiress replied. "Come on then, I know a place near". Victoria said, motioning for Krystal to follow her.

 

 

After some minutes walking they arrived at the ice cream parlor. "What would you like?". The Chinese asked. "If mango is still your favorite fruit they have an awesome ice cream here". The taller laughed seeing the younger's eyes lit up. "I'll take it as a yes". Krystal stepped in front of her. "Since I'm paying I'll order them, you should go seat". Victoria rolled her eyes, but did as she was told finding a table near the entrance. 

 

 

The heiress came back, putting in front of her three servings. "Soojung-ah, it's too much". the younger shrugged, eating a spoonful of mango. "They ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter